It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Georgia Voter law, can you explain why it's bad?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

If you lose your ID day of voting that is a personal problem. If you lost your ID on the way to the airport, you couldn't get on a plane either. What is your point? Lose your ID on the way to the bank? No dice.

What is ironic is the same people crying about voter ID want background checks and all kinds of other hoops to exercise your 2nd amendment right to own a firearm. So which one is it?

All those other issues are ripe for manipulation. Third parties should not be sending out ballots.

What is hilarious is that the GA laws aren't even as restrictive as some blue states.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Every Democrat in the MSM talks but never once has shown an actual quote from the law that shows their "version" of the lies they keep spitting out.

Loads of Democrat horse# flying all over with no proof 不不不

Shiploads of people believing it 不不不

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: network dude
LOL, three of us had the identical though at the same time.
MK Ultra for sure.

No need for MkUltra, youre just all being fed the same crap so it really isnt surprising when you think the same thing. The best propaganda makes a person believe theyve arrived to a conclusion on their own.

The new Georgia voting laws are much more than just voter ID. Thats only one small part of it. And I dont think its coincidence that that one part is all right wingers ever talk about. You all conveniently leave out the rest of it.

Starting with voter ID, what if I lose my wallet on Election Day? What if its stolen? What if? There are a million things that could happen that would keep me from voting on Election Day. There shouldnt be obstacles instituted that keep Americans from exercising their sacred franchise. I believe thats un-Democratic.

The level of voter fraud thats been recorded is so low that it doesnt make sense. Statistically things like this always effect low income communities more than others, and these low income communities mostly vote Democrat, so its no surprise why Republicans support this. Trump, Mitch McConnell, and a number of other Republicans have justified it by saying that when more people vote, Republicans lose. And theyre right.

Moving beyond voter ID, it gets rid of the majority of secure ballot boxes where votes can be dropped off, mostly in low income and blue areas, which Im sure is coincidence. It bans mobile voting facilities, which are used in a lot of senior and low income areas. It bans early voting on holidays. It bans third party groups from sending absentee ballots to people.

It also makes it a crime to give people food or water while waiting in line, which effects Democratic areas more because the GA state legislature has, coincidentally Im sure, closed down a lot of polling places in democratic areas, leading to 8 hour wait times in the last election.

Worse of all it makes it legal for the heavily Republican GA state legislature to throw out any results they think might have been fraudulent. So all they have to do is think there was fraud against the Republican Party to nullify an elections results. Evidence be damned.

If you cant see how un-American this is, then I dont know what to tell you.

Seriously...if you lose your wallet? That's the best you have? What would happen if you lost your wallet and needed to renew your drivers license, or file unemployment or a dozen other things.

You know what level of voter fraud I'm comfortable with? Zero. Not the level was so low that it doesn't make sense.

Sure, let's put ballot boxes in unsecure areas where they can be tampered with. This requires them to be in specific locations, and indoors or under constant surveillance. Again, why would anyone be against that?

The food and water ban is only within a certain distance of the polling place and is to prevent what can be construed as an exchange of something for a vote, or campaigning within a certain distance of a polling place. Tell me what polling places have been closed? I'm guessing you won't be able to.

Again, only the most extreme mental gymnastics can interpret these changes as bad.
edit on 6-4-2021 by peter_kandra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Water is nice to have but it doesn't address the severe condition of having force on your feet standing. A mechanical sidewalk with soft theater style chairs with water already in the cupholder would solve a lot of these voting concerns. Either that or a makeshift lazy river with intertubes.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Water is nice to have but it doesn't address the severe condition of having force on your feet standing. A mechanical sidewalk with soft theater style chairs with water already in the cupholder would solve a lot of these voting concerns. Either that or a makeshift lazy river with intertubes.

For god's sake man, don't give them any more ideas on how to waste tax money!

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Democrats are effective marketers. Combined with a compliant and bias media, it is no wonder so many people really believe this law is some sort of new Jim Crow law suppressing the vote.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

If you lose your ID day of voting that is a personal problem. If you lost your ID on the way to the airport, you couldn't get on a plane either. What is your point? Lose your ID on the way to the bank? No dice.

What is ironic is the same people crying about voter ID want background checks and all kinds of other hoops to exercise your 2nd amendment right to own a firearm. So which one is it?

All those other issues are ripe for manipulation. Third parties should not be sending out ballots.

What is hilarious is that the GA laws aren't even as restrictive as some blue states.

Anything to say about the rest of the bill, and not the same old voter ID part that seems to encompass the entire bill for you guys?

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:44 AM
link   
What is all this crap about ballot drop boxes anyway? I've never heard of a need before this past election. What's wrong with using mail? If you use the mail you don't even have to leave your house. Why should anyone be subjected to having to leave their house to mail their ballot? Or am I completely uninformed and there are in fact communities without mail service?

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: peter_kandra

You know what level of voter fraud I'm comfortable with? Zero. Not the level was so low that it doesn't make sense.

Then you need to stay away from any election. No election in the history or future of our planet will ever have a zero percentage of fraud. Nice straw man though.

Sure, let's put ballot boxes in unsecure areas where they can be tampered with. This requires them to be in specific locations, and indoors or under constant surveillance. Again, why would anyone be against that?

Please show me where these unsecure ballot boxes are. Im guessing you wont be able to.

Tell me what polling places have been closed? I'm guessing you won't be able to.

One-third of Georgias counties 53 of 159 have fewer precincts today than they did in 2012, according to the AJCs count. Of the counties that have closed voting locations, 39 have poverty rates that are higher than the state average. Thirty have significant African-American populations, making up at least 25 percent of residents. Look at the areas where theyre closing precincts and consolidating. Its usually in areas with poor people and minority

Link

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadlyStaringFrog
What is all this crap about ballot drop boxes anyway? I've never heard of a need before this past election. What's wrong with using mail? If you use the mail you don't even have to leave your house. Why should anyone be subjected to having to leave their house to mail their ballot? Or am I completely uninformed and there are in fact communities without mail service?

Sure, mail it in.

Unless it gets there late for whatever reason. In that case this same bill makes it illegal to count them.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   
It feels like they want to curb absentee ballots but also make it awful to wait in line for booths. I've seen more hospitable waiting lines in the DMV

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadlyStaringFrog

Because they are taking ballots sent to blighted properties, vacant homes / apartments, filling them out and dumping them in strategically placed drop boxes in big chunks to speed up the process. A handful of people steal the ballots, fill them out and put them in the boxes which hold a lot more outgoing mail than a standard mail box.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

if you want to vote but 'lost' your ID they can do what's called a provisional ballot. they'll hold it pending confirmation.

by the way, if you try to fly without an ID they can do a phone background check. will delay you but it happens every day.

originally posted by Edumakated
Democrats are effective marketers. Combined with a compliant and bias media, it is no wonder so many people really believe this law is some sort of new Jim Crow law suppressing the vote.

not hard to have good marketing when 90% of the media is giving you free publicity / shilling.
edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: add content

edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Starting with voter ID, what if I lose my wallet on Election Day? What if its stolen? What if? There are a million things that could happen that would keep me from voting on Election Day. There shouldnt be obstacles instituted that keep Americans from exercising their sacred franchise. I believe thats un-Democratic.

Supreme court has already ruled in the past that voter ID is not "excessively burdensome". But lets address your logic here... Mr. Underwerks I'm sorry you forgot your ID, so just fill out this simple form with your name, SS, address and signature so we can manually verify your status, you don't have a pen...here is a pen...you can't write, I'll write for you...you can't speak either we have a sign language person here...your brain is dead... See my point.

You are suggesting something that just would not be there...

The level of voter fraud thats been recorded is so low that it doesnt make sense. Statistically things like this always effect low income communities more than others, and these low income communities mostly vote Democrat, so its no surprise why Republicans support this. Trump, Mitch McConnell, and a number of other Republicans have justified it by saying that when more people vote, Republicans lose. And theyre right.

You and others can not come up with a reason as to why this would effect a lower income person over someone else...It's like you are using the same argument that was used 30+ years ago. Its 2021, EVERYONE WILL have a RealID or they will not be able to do a lot of things outside of voting.

Moving beyond voter ID, it gets rid of the majority of secure ballot boxes where votes can be dropped off, mostly in low income and blue areas, which Im sure is coincidence. It bans mobile voting facilities, which are used in a lot of senior and low income areas. It bans early voting on holidays. It bans third party groups from sending absentee ballots to people.

Do you have a map of drop offs being removed? In WA they had like 3 drop off points for 2/3s of the state...just 3 and we are a Blue state...lol... I agree that drop off points should be limited, secured, monitored etc maybe just post offices... Nothing like a person just walking up and dropping 1000... FL has fixed a lot of their failures back in early 2000, remember that picture of some woman driving up with ballots in the back seat of her car that she just collected at dropped off boxes... Drop off boxes should be like ballot rooms were you have overseers from both parties and the bags are sealed when pulled out and transported securely.

The rest has to do more with vote harvesting, the liberals call it "grassroots" but it is nothing more than vote harvesting, and they been good at it along time as long as I been alive, I have actually seen it in action in the early 2000s and today it is even easier.

BTW physically having a RealID to vote could very well not be needed. If a person's name is checked against a RealID data base that says this person has been issued a RealID then we are good, such in the case of a dropped off ballot in a drop box. Verify the person and count the vote.

Sound good?

edit on 6-4-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Heres the bill in its entirety for anyone who hasnt read it and is just going off what people say about it.

Link

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
LOL, three of us had the identical though at the same time.
MK Ultra for sure.

No need for MkUltra, youre just all being fed the same crap so it really isnt surprising when you think the same thing. The best propaganda makes a person believe theyve arrived to a conclusion on their own.

The new Georgia voting laws are much more than just voter ID. Thats only one small part of it. And I dont think its coincidence that that one part is all right wingers ever talk about. You all conveniently leave out the rest of it.

It also makes it a crime to give people food or water while waiting in line, which effects Democratic areas more because the GA state legislature has, coincidentally Im sure, closed down a lot of polling places in democratic areas, leading to 8 hour wait times in the last election.

Worse of all it makes it legal for the heavily Republican GA state legislature to throw out any results they think might have been fraudulent. So all they have to do is think there was fraud against the Republican Party to nullify an elections results. Evidence be damned.

If you cant see how un-American this is, then I dont know what to tell you.

Im awestruck that you took the time to type all that knowing that no one will believe it, because you dont either.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tekner

originally posted by: incoserv
Here, I'll let these nice virtue signaling white progressives answer that question for you ...

I've seen this before but it is the answer to this thread. Why is it racist? "Because black people are poor and stupid."

You forgot "Most of them have criminal records."

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

There's no way anyone can be upset by this unless their intentions are to cheat to win. There's no other explanation. I bought some children's cough medicine for my 4 year old and had to show my damn ID, I know black people are smarter than the democrats are giving them credit for. They should be raising a stink about this.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

Speak for yourself.

Never assume.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join