It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Georgia Voter law, can you explain why it's bad?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 09:28 AM
link   
With all the virtue signaling and boycotts filled with tears over this law, I find myself confused about what the actual problem is. They will require ID to vote, they provide ID to anyone for free, and they want to make sure there aren't fraudulent votes happening. Unless you are going to try to convince everyone that Black folk aren't smart enough to get an ID, I don't see the play here. It's obvious that race has nothing to do with the ability to gain an ID. And Voting is an important thing, I doubt anyone would like it if the opposing side cheated to win, when it comes to Elections. So why is there an issue here?

And on a side note, how is it that Georgia has identified issues with the process from the 2020 election, yet it was the most secure in history? I'm seeing mixed messaging with all that.

I doubt we can go back and change anything now, which I'm sure was the plan. But I don't want one side setting things up for cheating in something as important as elections. If you do have things like that happen, the disenfranchised voters will eventually get pissed off enough to do more than complain on Social Media. hell, they might go to Washington and stand outside the fence and protest. And if that happened, Pelosi would have to lock down DC and not allow anyone in.

If your goal is to cheat, just say so. At least you will be honest with yourself.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I can't explain why it's bad. I think it's a good thing.
If people actually read and understood the details, they'd likely think it's a good thing too.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: peter_kandra

I just don't see anything racist in it.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 09:40 AM
link   
It's bad because the talking heads tell the lowest common denominators it's bad. That is all

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 09:50 AM
link   

If your goal is to cheat, just say so. At least you will be honest with yourself

Yeah the Dems might as well just say that is why they don’t want the law because there is no other valid reason to oppose it.
People have posted lists of all the things that people are required to have and use ID’s for, it should be a no brainer to have to use ID to vote.
Nobody with a shred of honesty left should oppose this.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I had the same convo with my family over the weekend and none of them ( a buncha lefties in the mix too ) could explain why the new voting laws were racist.

So let me take a page from the Saul Alinsky/mainstream media's playbook...

::clears throat::

"Democrats claim minorities aren't intelligent enough to obtain voter ID's for future elections"

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The people screaming Georgia's new voting laws are racist are the same kind of people who postpone changing their mascot to an Evergreen tree because evergreens have racist connotations. Link

You can't expect clarity of thought and common sense from these people, that's why Joe Biden is the perfect president and mascot for the democratic party right now.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Here, I'll let these nice virtue signaling white progressives answer that question for you ...

edit on 2021 4 06 by incoserv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Democrats have a disorder called
“Racism of low expectation”

They believe minorities are incapable of personal agency unless white people act on their behalf.

The narrative from them is that blacks are incapable of getting an ID, so expecting an ID to vote would make you a racist.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   

All it proves is that democrats think black people are stupid.
You would think black people would get tired of being patronized.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

every time I hear this nonsense, I think of that clip.
If I were a black person, I'd be pissed that I was being portrayed as that damn stupid by anyone. Long ago, a man had an idea that skin color had little to do with intelligence, he was canceled.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   
LOL, three of us had the identical though at the same time.
MK Ultra for sure.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
The people screaming Georgia's new voting laws are racist are the same kind of people who postpone changing their mascot to an Evergreen tree because evergreens have racist connotations. Link

You can't expect clarity of thought and common sense from these people, that's why Joe Biden is the perfect president and mascot for the democratic party right now.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I don't understand this fake problem of showing an ID to vote. That has been the law in Georgia for many years when you vote in person. It is not a new requirement added by this law. I think this law only clears up the fact that mail in ballots require it.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
Here, I'll let don't nice virtue signaling white progressives answer that question for you ...

That’s outstanding!
The “woke” Liberals have proved themselves to be racist time and time again.
Those assholes should be ashamed of themselves, but they are not capable of feeling shame.
That’s just outrageous that they think blacks are not smart enough to figure out the internet.
edit on 6-4-2021 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   

This is so weird. Even in super liberal Canada, we need to show ID, and if you don't have the provincially issued photo-ID or drivers license you need to prove your identity with 2 pieces of other ID, your voter regiatration card, etc. If for some reason you don't have those, a poll worker can vouch for you, but they can only vouch for one person at the voting booth and they need to know your address, etc.

If voter ID laws are racist, and certain places want everyone to be able to vote, why wouldn't they use their donation money to...get poor people ID's... instead of constantly telling everyone what is racist?

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
LOL, three of us had the identical though at the same time.
MK Ultra for sure.

No need for MkUltra, you’re just all being fed the same crap so it really isn’t surprising when you think the same thing. The best propaganda makes a person believe they’ve arrived to a conclusion on their own.

The new Georgia voting laws are much more than just “voter ID”. That’s only one small part of it. And I don’t think it’s coincidence that that one part is all right wingers ever talk about. You all conveniently leave out the rest of it.

Starting with voter ID, what if I lose my wallet on Election Day? What if it’s stolen? What if? There are a million things that could happen that would keep me from voting on Election Day. There shouldn’t be obstacles instituted that keep Americans from exercising their sacred franchise. I believe that’s un-Democratic.

The level of voter fraud that’s been recorded is so low that it doesn’t make sense. Statistically things like this always effect low income communities more than others, and these low income communities mostly vote Democrat, so it’s no surprise why Republicans support this. Trump, Mitch McConnell, and a number of other Republicans have justified it by saying that when more people vote, Republicans lose. And they’re right.

Moving beyond voter ID, it gets rid of the majority of secure ballot boxes where votes can be dropped off, mostly in low income and blue areas, which I’m sure is coincidence. It bans mobile voting facilities, which are used in a lot of senior and low income areas. It bans early voting on holidays. It bans third party groups from sending absentee ballots to people.

It also makes it a crime to give people food or water while waiting in line, which effects Democratic areas more because the GA state legislature has, coincidentally I’m sure, closed down a lot of polling places in democratic areas, leading to 8 hour wait times in the last election.

Worse of all it makes it legal for the heavily Republican GA state legislature to throw out any results they “think” might have been fraudulent. So all they have to do is “think” there was fraud against the Republican Party to nullify an elections results. Evidence be damned.

If you can’t see how un-American this is, then I don’t know what to tell you.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The outcry is because they know they will lose GA.

The previous election process was so full of holes that any loophole was instantly exploited.

This is a battleground State. You have to look at it strategically
All the hot spots and how you can make it work for you.

Basically Politics is soft Warfare. Sides are strategizing and others are taking big risks.

Add in key positions in Local, State and Fed levels, you have an apparatus that can help "influence" the results in a subtle way, so as long as the conditions are just right, at key points and drops, otherwise you give off the scent of fraud.

...the Democrats pulled this off, sloppy as evidenced by Powell, but pulled off indeed and generated enough public pushback to render the idea of election fraud as ridiculous.

Courts are corrupted and Roberts is compromised....

Back on Topic, it is my opinion that GA will go back to Red with these new election Laws and might even provide a template for other Red States.

Infact, it's Red States that are doing really well and amending policies at the State level to push back against Bidens Fed.

We'll know for sure at Midterms, since citizens are now more engaged into politics.

Also, some may have not noticed, but Trump has been very active in the background, especially in GA, away from the scene. That's how much the liberal tech arm covers us, we're so hoplessly emersed in suffocating ether that we have to look out for Trump, but when the links are up, it spreads like wild fire.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
Here, I'll let these nice virtue signaling white progressives answer that question for you ...

I've seen this before but it is the answer to this thread. Why is it racist? "Because black people are poor and stupid."

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Actually not seeing much in the GA bill to whine about legitimately, it's rather common sense. Take your own food to stand in line (this is not a soup kitchen, it's a voter line, thus pack snacks & drinks accordingly) Oh, and keep your mouth shut & politics to yourself in line when waiting to vote, and bring an ID. Not much of anything there to split hairs over, it's straightforward.

If you lose your ID on election day, whoopsie daisy, tough #ity, try again the next cycle and don't be such an absent-minded moron with important documents again. Even a BANK doesn't just reissue a lost debit or credit card, you gotta wait for it. And that's just money, not a vote. Hmm, seems one is definitely deemed far more valuable by individuals and worthy of tighter ID controls, eh?

Besides, considering I had to produce an ID to adopt our cats last year, and produce it again to adopt our guinea pigs this year, then I think Joe Blow can suck it up & can drop ID to cast a ballot. This forum is missing a very useful hand-related icon...

edit on 4/6/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join