It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accusations of fraud as Trump’s Campaign Bilked His Fans Out of Millions

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: KansasGirl
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Oh yay, you’re back! Weird- your thread is about Trump. Still obsessed, I see. He’s not only living rent free in your mind body soul, but he’s getting free utilities, cable, internet, and trash pick-up.

And I suppose Billary and Obama live rent-free in a mansion in Donnie's mind, then?

That's the problem with repeating some really dumb cliche.

LOL

Getting back to the topic of the OP, I think it speaks to the ethical level of the Trump campaign. Probably had nothing to do with Trump himself, but it clearly is a little dubious due to the partially obfuscated nature of the pre-checked checkbox options.

It is clearly obvious that such should have been optional choices and not pre-checked.

I find it funny that you start your post off with Clinton and Obama living rent-free in somebody's head...

Except nobody has actually talked about them in forever but you think it is a dumb cliche.

And THEN going right into Trump in the next paragraph.

You know...

The guy living rent-free in your head.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 11:22 PM
link   

This too may probably be removed as ''drift'' as it seems that you, our OP along with so many others have been deemed numerous times to have drifted off topic. It's difficult to understand what is and what is not on topic here when literally the very first reply to the original post was completely off topic setting a tone of belligerent confrontation and in no way responsive to the topic as stated, yet that post remains un-removed...

So in the spirit of open communication SG, as OP of this thread can you please define the topic at hand, you know, for those of us who want to remain on topic?

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt

originally posted by: Lumenari

Once a con man always a con man.
Those prechecked boxes became increasingly hard to decipher, or even see.
Then the monthly recurring, became weekly recurring.
They kept changing the rules.
Some folks lost all their savings.
Some suspected fraud, they were right.

Some of the money has been refunded.

He’s a thief.

Um....

I don't think that the word "fraud" means what you think it means.

If someone enters a legal contract and later is shocked by what the contract said?

That isn't fraud.

It is stupidity on the part of the buyer.

Ever heard of time share contracts?

I agree on the stupidity part. They donated to a con artist.
If fraud is too harsh, that’s ok.
We’ll go with misrepresentation, or something milder if you like.
I’ve donated to campaigns before, pretty straightforward without issues or recurring charges.
This was designed to prey upon the weak minded, trusting supporters and he let them down. Many are pissed off.

The funnier part is that many donated to leftist causes before... obviously you did.

You donated to a political ideology that will do everything they can to lower your standard of living and make you have....

Less money in your pocket.

But you don't feel let down.

You're not even pissed off.

Hell, you're happy about it.

So we can agree on the "stupidity" part of this discussion.

(post by Lumenari removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Once a con man always a con man.
Those prechecked boxes became increasingly hard to decipher, or even see.
Then the monthly recurring, became weekly recurring.
They kept changing the rules.
Some folks lost all their savings.
Some suspected fraud, they were right.

Some of the money has been refunded.

He’s a thief.

Um....

I don't think that the word "fraud" means what you think it means.

If someone enters a legal contract and later is shocked by what the contract said?

That isn't fraud.

It is stupidity on the part of the buyer.

Ever heard of time share contracts?

I agree on the stupidity part. They donated to a con artist.
If fraud is too harsh, that’s ok.
We’ll go with misrepresentation, or something milder if you like.
I’ve donated to campaigns before, pretty straightforward without issues or recurring charges.
This was designed to prey upon the weak minded, trusting supporters and he let them down. Many are pissed off.

The funnier part is that many donated to leftist causes before... obviously you did.

You donated to a political ideology that will do everything they can to lower your standard of living and make you have....

Less money in your pocket.

But you don't feel let down.

You're not even pissed off.

Hell, you're happy about it.

So we can agree on the "stupidity" part of this discussion.

Nah, I donated to Ron Paul’s “money bombs”.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 11:57 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Nice source lol. The Intelligencer. Sounds like something an anti-Trumper would say. I'm intelligencer than you 😂

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: carewemust

You are wise to keep the name of TRUMP in your new thread titles. All exposure is good!

I'm glad you think my influence is that great. Flattering.

Especially so with a corpse now in the Oval Office.

I'm just waiting for Kamala to swoop in
A strong woman in the office, finally.

Troll post? Kamala's so strong she polled 2% and dropped out.

(post by NoCorruptionAllowed removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 12:58 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Apologies about the delay in getting back to you. Unlike some people, I have a life to get back to!

a reply to: TerryMcGuire

So in the spirit of open communication SG, as OP of this thread can you please define the topic at hand, you know, for those of us who want to remain on topic?

I guess it's the debate on responsibility. Accusations from individual donors that they were purposefully mislead by the Trump campaign on the conditions surrounding their donations. To some extent I agree with them, I feel for the cancer stricken woman who was unaware of the fact she signed up to multiple debits... some people just aren't as savvy about marketing conditions these days... at the same time when you sign up to something there's an onus on you to take note of the legal obligations. Would have been great to get more insight from others! Unfortunately, Trump's large following here don't take to kindly to any ounce of criticism against him.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Your entire premise is total Bull SH!T

What's my premise again?

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Troll post? Kamala's so strong she polled 2% and dropped out.

And how well did ol'Trumpleskin do when he ran for POTUS back in 2000? He barely got a blip on the presidential scene, withdraw by February of that year.

Yep.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

How long is this unhealthy fixation and the paranoid delusions that accompany it going to continue?

He won't stop and I know why.

In the last days, I noticed Trump regained some relevance.

Southern Guardian is fearing Trump might come back next election.

It's a defamation campaign. We'll be tortured with his threads until 2024.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

We'll be tortured with his threads until 2024.

hahahaha thanks for the laugh!

Now back to trucking!

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 02:48 AM
link   

My electric bill works the same way when I pay online. The box to automatically deduct payments is already checked every time I make a payment. This also happens with dominoes where I have to uncheck them sending me coupons every time I order a pizza. She probably should not have been online if she didn't understand this. More and more politics is beginning to look like business. Go to the Whitehouse website and buy swag for example. they actually have a coffee mug that says cup of joe.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

The box to automatically deduct payments is already checked every time I make a payment.

Mine isn't. It was the first time, I think. Maybe there's a cookie that remembers.

This is a little different though, for your electric bill you're paying what you owe. It doesn't really cost you anything.

For this, you were just paying for Trump. Even if you didn't know it.

edit on 4/6/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 02:53 AM
link   

.... I feel for the cancer stricken woman who was unaware of the fact she signed up to multiple debits...

Err....according to the article this 'cancer stricken woman' is in fact a man.

Now I know that in these days of dubious gender identity and other wokisms I might be viewed as being some sort of 'ist' for pointing out this distinction but as far as I can tell no-one has mentioned this. That leads me to think that few people have actually read the article you linked to in your OP and are simply arguing from pre-determined viewpoints and perspectives.

Just yet another example of the constant pro/anti Trump merry-go-round that has infected this site in recent years.

For the record: I think this practice is indefensible....but I'd be amazed if the Trump campaign is unique in using this tactic.
Elderly and the vulnerable are particularly susceptible to these sort of things.
I'd suggest that it become accepted practice that people have to opt in for these type of payments rather than opt out.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: Trueman

We'll be tortured with his threads until 2024.

hahahaha thanks for the laugh!

Now back to trucking!

To be honest, you're one of the members adding spice to ATS.

Sometimes you make posts about other topics and I like them. You are not a bad person, just have this little fixation.

Do you like sports?

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 09:53 AM
link   
The people who accuse him of fraud for this are the same who think Trump U was a scam. If someone wants to give me money so I can tell them how to make money that is on them.

Personally, this happened with a Trump Flag my son wanted. I bought it online and then the next month I saw a 'charge' for 45 dollars. I did some research and found the company and called them. I was 'enrolled' in a membership service. I cancelled it.

Was I pissed? Yes. Did I blame 45? Nope. I blamed myself. Take some responsibility and stop blaming your problems on someone who is not in office anymore. Like the story recently about a security guard who did not get 150 bucks back for McDonalds...LOL...the media is really really really reaching to find a story for 45 instead of 46.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join