It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accusations of fraud as Trump’s Campaign Bilked His Fans Out of Millions

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Always read the fine print folks and that goes for anything... even the idolized man you'd throw your granma in the river for:

The scam was not complicated. When people gave them money online, the donations came with pre-checked boxes authorizing the campaign to take donations every single week. They needed to uncheck the box to stop the automatic transfer.

At first the auto-checked box simply said, “Make this a recurring monthly donation.” Then it added, “Make this a recurring weekly donation until 11/3,” with a second box below it, with even more text, authorizing an additional one-time $100 donation on September 29.

Source

I remember signing up for a popular skin cleaner pack years ago (the retro days of infomercials) and it was clear to me initially this would be a once off payment of $110. All of a sudden I found credit card discrepancies over the next few weeks and realized they had been auto-billing me for additional, unconnected products... all thanks to a small fine print... some auto agreement. From then on I took on the importance of reading every fine print. I'm sorry but in part it was partly MY fault for not paying enough attention and recognizing some of these marketing tactics, so I think those supporters feeling burned should do the same.

Stacy Blatt was in hospice care last September listening to Rush Limbaugh’s dire warnings about how badly Donald J. Trump’s campaign needed money when he went online and chipped in everything he could: $500.

It was a big sum for a 63-year-old battling cancer and living in Kansas City on less than $1,000 per month. But that single contribution — federal records show it was his first ever — quickly multiplied. Another $500 was withdrawn the next day, then $500 the next week and every week through mid-October, without his knowledge — until Mr. Blatt’s bank account had been depleted and frozen. When his utility and rent payments bounced, he called his brother, Russell, for help.

What the Blatts soon discovered was $3,000 in withdrawals by the Trump campaign in less than 30 days. They called their bank and said they thought they were victims of fraud.

“It felt,” Russell said, “like it was a scam.”

I feel for her but sorry, surely people can also take responsibility for signing up to things willynelly without paying enough attention? Read the fine print.

+38 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Oh yay, you’re back! Weird- your thread is about Trump. Still obsessed, I see. He’s not only living rent free in your mind body soul, but he’s getting free utilities, cable, internet, and trash pick-up.

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Weird- your thread is about Trump

And you continue participating in Trump threads no? I'm not allowed to talk about him but you are? How very thoughtful.

+31 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Erm....

So how was this a scam, exactly?

Unless you mean it preys on people that can't read?

~puzzled~

+17 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 07:26 PM
link   

You are wise to keep the name of TRUMP in your new thread titles. All exposure is good!

Especially so with a corpse now in the Oval Office.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Indeed. Should be a lesson to all. Pay attention to the fine print.

+15 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Well, anyone that enters into a contract without reading it is a moron, after all...

I call it the "stupid" tax.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You are wise to keep the name of TRUMP in your new thread titles. All exposure is good!

I'm glad you think my influence is that great. Flattering.

I'm just waiting for Kamala to swoop in
A strong woman in the office, finally.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Well, anyone that enters into a contract without reading it is a moron, after all...

If they learn from it, great. I'd figure seniors (most of Trump's donor's) would be wise enough with handling their finances eh?

I do feel for Stacy, but yes she should probably get somebody to handle her finances for her.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 07:31 PM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

I'm glad you think my influence is that great. Flattering.

I'm just waiting for Kamala to swoop in

I hope you get everything you want. Every bit of it.

+13 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Why is this a fraud ?

When I pay my phone bill online is the same. I need to unclick those little boxes every time.

Even when you shop in Amazon you need to click and unclick boxes.

It's normal. Before Trump, during Trump and after Trump too.

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Strong in what way?
I don’t count someone sucking their way to the top as a strong suit in politics.

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 07:37 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

I don’t count someone sucking their way to the top

Oh so because she's a woman the only way she got to where she is is because she sucked her way?

A little sexist eh?

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 07:39 PM
link   
You know the MSM has been suffering from Post Trump stress disorder, it's actually quite fascinating to see it in real time here on ATS.

You see, as ratings continue to dwindle and fall across the Political News spectrum, some anchors have expressed a small desire for Trumpism to make a splash to get the views up again

Whether that happens or not remains to be seen, however the point is, some have gotten so use to leeching off Trump news that now that he is gone, it's all be quiet and BORING.
This leads some to reach back in and produce some sort of post Trump news to regain some of that flair without trying to credit him, but some subtle underhanded way of bringing up Trumps name because it gets the peoples attention.

There's honeslty no real discussion here beyond reading fine print. You think those BLM donations went to the Black Community? 🤭 those Democrats sucked up BILLIONS and hardly any was grassroots.
edit on 5-4-2021 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

That’s a big brush you using to swipe a ton of Trump supporters...lol... but what’s new. When Sidney Powell, Lin Wood, Rudy “Suave” G, Trump, OAN and Fox News calls you stupid for believing their lies... they might actually have a point.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

it's all be quiet and BORING.

And yet I still manage to hook you in? Just like clockwork? Is it really boring? Or are some of us still overly protective of him? You wouldn't get these threads if you simply didn't respond.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 07:42 PM
link   

a reply to: RazorV66

I don’t count someone sucking their way to the top

Oh so because she's a woman the only way she got to where she is is because she sucked her way?

A little sexist eh?

Nope.
I didn’t make the stories up, I just read them online like everyone else.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Yeah I'm not sure you understand what a "Hook" is, narratively speaking.

I'm simply stating a simple fact inregards to Post Trumpism.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 07:45 PM
link   

BREAKING: Trump Fires Back at NY Times’ Claim He Cheated His Campaign Contributors

On Monday, Donald Trump blasted out an email response.

“In yet another highly partisan story, the failing New York Times wrote a completely misleading, one-sided attack piece this weekend that tried to disparage our record-setting grassroots fundraising operation during the 2020 campaign,” Trump said. “Except for massive voter fraud, this was a campaign that was easily won by your favorite Republican President, me!”

“Our support in 2020 was so big – never before seen (received more votes than any sitting President in history, by far), that it has become a major threat to the Democrat Party, which explains why the New York Times immediately rushed to defend their Radical Left allies.”

“Before our two campaigns, 2016 and 2020, Republicans would always lose small dollar donations,” he went on. “Now we win, or do very well, because we are the Party of Working Americans, and we beat the Democrats at their own game.”

“We learned from liberal ActBlue – and now we’re better than they are!” Trump added. “In fact, many people were so enthusiastic that they gave over and over, and in certain cases where they would give too much, we would promptly refund their contributions. Our overall dispute rate was less than 1% of total online donations, a very low number. This is done by Dems also.”

“The New York Times knew this but buried the details in their story – they didn’t talk about, however, how the CHEATING Democrats circumvented State Legislatures (approval is required by the U.S. Constitution) in Swing States to rig the 2020 Presidential Election,” he added, “or how Democrats paid for votes in many Urban Centers, in a little thing called ‘walking around money,’ how Democrats threatened Union Members with the loss of their jobs if they didn’t vote Democrat, massive Fake Mail-in Ballots, illegal immigrants and dead people who voted (for Dems), and much more.”

“Our fundraising efforts, working together with the Republican party, were all done legally, and all with the goal of ensuring that my Administration could continue to Make America Great Againm’ Trump continued. “The Election on the other hand, was massively rigged and stolen – and now look what is happening to our Country, and in particular at our southern border.”

trendingpolitics.com...

Seems like a Plausible Explanation to me .

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join