It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This just in, Joey Lied.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I wouldn't worry too much about taxes on corporations. The infrastructure bill effectively ends Right to Work, so there will be plenty of corps that pull up stakes rather than deal with unions.

Can't tax what's not here to be taxed.

US was second highest in the world in 2017 at 40%, Trump cut it to 21% that makes it competitive and inline with the global average of 23%. China is 25% and EU is like 18%...

So do we want jobs to come back or go out?

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I noticed that oann didn't link to biden actually saying this. So I dug deeper and found that this story came from something that psaki said.

But White House press secretary Jen Psaki clarified on Wednesday that Biden's proposed $400,000 threshold for tax increases applies to families, rather than individuals, meaning the hike could hit individuals who earn $200,000 a year if they are married to someone who makes the same amount.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 02:42 PM
link   
All the business owners and people in high paying positions will have to demand raises or instigate price increases to pay for the extra taxes they pay. So where does that tax money come from? Must come from some money tree somewhere. I guess they will get wage increases and since this is universal, all businesses will have to raise prices to pay the extra costs...most of the middle class will pay for those tax increases.

We live in the time of the deceiver, the working people always pay the taxes one way or the other.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Was Joe Biden taken to the hospital last night?

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Most of the people in my community who make between $300-$500k live pretty modestly. In fact, probably drive cheaper cars than people making $75k. When you are in the that income range, you make enough to maybe afford a vacation, put money away for retirement, etc.... however, you are not living it up like the Rich & Famous.

The bottom-line is they can afford a little nicer house/cars and are not indebt up to their eyeballs. I'm paying for my kids colleges but they are helping too by qualifying for scholarships too.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Klassified
It's very simple and always has been. No income tax, no IRS, no corporate exemptions. EVERYBODY that works or owns a business, including charities and churches, pays sales tax on everything they buy. No deductions, no loopholes, everybody pays the same percentage.

Even a flat tax on everyone would be low...like 8%.

One problem with it is that it leaves the IRS in place. An agency that needs to be abolished, or at the very least neutered. The other problem is, like the founding fathers, I don't believe peoples income should be taxed, but the income tax isn't going away, so a flat tax would be better than the convoluted scam we live under now.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

mobile.twitter.com...

News Blackout !!! Alert 😧

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

mobile.twitter.com...

We knew it was coming. But I thought he'd be able to hang in there until June.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

mobile.twitter.com...

We knew it was coming. But I thought he'd be able to hang in there until June.

I have a feeling this isn't the end of Joe just yet, but we may be getting close. The stress of being a hand puppet is probably starting to take its toll.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: LSU2018

The only way a flat tax works is if we get rid of the IRS and all the loopholes. Those brackets are useless when you can skirt it via loopholes.

A flat percentage no matter what... Maybe have a threshold where those under the threshold don't pay, like 20k or something.

Plus we waste an incredible amount with the IRS.

Agreed, and that's how it should be. Even poverty thresholds are fine because at least those people are working and trying to do something. But taxing the rich will fall down on the rest of us and hurt us while the rich won't be hurt. And they can afford to do that, we can't. The left has been targeting the middle class for a while now and this is their way of tricking people into it.

No, of course we're not going to tax you guys, y'all are the backbone of this country, we're just gonna tax the evil rich (all of which these politicians are, nonetheless). Joe Biden is either really stupid or he really hates himself because he's acting like he hates everything that he is, from being rich to being a male to being white. Also racist by his own party's standards if you want to get technical.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonergeek

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: Trueman

I'm a working class man. I'll never make 200k a year. Forget about 400k.

Where is this 220k/400k people ?
Aren't they the same making those laws ?
Will they tax themselves ?

A question that never gets answered. Rich people work just as hard for their money, if not harder. We should all be taxed the same percentage. Trump had it right even though there were still tax brackets. Better than trying to break the rich to appeal to the uneducated poor.

How do you know how hard anyone works? Never worked day

Well first of all, I'm speaking only about Americans. Secondly, if you inherit millions or billions and sit on your ass without doing a thing besides irresponsibly spending that money, you'll be broke within a few years and will no longer be counted as a millionaire or billionaire. I can't stand Bill Gates or Jeff Bezos or Zuck the Cuck, but they worked hard for what they had and wouldn't have anything if they'd sat on their ass. As much as I dislike them, I don't think they deserve to take on the brunt of being taxed so much (even though I'd laugh over it). That burden should be reasonable and passed along to all of us with no loopholes so we can all pay our fair share regardless of what we make. What those tax dollars go towards should also be voted on by the people if there's a way that can be done. This is just my personal opinion.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

The thing about taxes like that is that they're targetting the wrong people.

Taxing individuals making a few hundred K higher than those making less won't do anything. Those taxes are still a drop in the bucket compares to the US debt and expenses.

Meanwhile, it still doesn't do anything about massive multinational, billionaire corporations that in a large part, not only receive hefty subsidies from your tax money and tax money from governments around the world, and still manage to pay nearly nothing in taxes.

You tax someone making $400k even 100%, that's only $400k.

You tax a corporation that makes a billion annually in revenue at 10%...that's $100,000,000.

Yet these companies end up paying less than 1% in taxes if even that.

www.nytimes.com...

The 55 biggest companies in America paid 0$ in taxes this year. Meanwhile, the average.person will be taxed higher to pay for foreign infrastructure funding.

Don't you worry... All those rich politicians in DC have it all worked out so that their class is the one taxed and ours isn't. They're gonna take care of all of us middle classers. I just rolled my eyeballs so hard that one of them near-bout popped out.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Meanwhile, Joe Biden, being the rich guy he is... used an S-Corp to funnel his earnings from books / speaking engagements to avoid having a payroll tax.

Republicans Slam Biden for Using Tax Loophole

I've always felt if people want to pay more in taxes, then they are free to voluntarily send more money to the IRS. Biden voters should be stripped of any tax shelters or loop holes. You voted for this mess, you pay for it. Once Biden voters have put up their share, then come see the rest of us....

And there are 80 million of them supposedly... Let's ask and see who has the backbone to step up.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
People that voted for Biden can own it. We tried to warn them this was going to happen. He was going to raise taxes, have more kids in cages, cause oil prices to rise, harm the oil industry, kill jobs, get back in bed with Iran (the country that stones to death gays) and let China do whatever they want.

It's all happening just like we told em'.

That's ok though, at least the mean guy who tweeted and stood up for this country is out of office now.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 05:19 PM
link   

mobile.twitter.com...

It's possible the stock market is up...

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Well, until we dramatically cut spending, taxation is a harsh conclusion to our spending.

Any candidate/president who says they won't raise taxes or cut them is an outright liar. Even if temporary we are able to avoid them, it's an inevitability via debt (actually worse through debt).

I'm sure we'll see a whole slew of tax hikes in the near future. Biden is guilty of lying, and it's going to be either him or another president in the future who really hits us to start reconciling the spending we've done the past few decades.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Watch closely for Joe Biden "stock footage" and obvious altered pictures of Joe.

Could be a "Ruth Bader Ginsburg" trick coming this week. 😎

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

One problem with it is that it leaves the IRS in place. An agency that needs to be abolished, or at the very least neutered. The other problem is, like the founding fathers, I don't believe peoples income should be taxed, but the income tax isn't going away, so a flat tax would be better than the convoluted scam we live under now.

Well the federal Goverment is much bigger than what our founding fathers envisioned too. They wanted 50 states to control most from within the states to include taxes, not have one country America. Even citizenship, borders etc was all State level hence Amendments like the 14th - 18th. In the end a 8% on everyone earnings would ensure everyone paid. If you make 10k you pay 800 bucks, and if you make 10 million you pay 800k, seems fair to me. Gross income in the US is about 20 trillion...

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: Trueman

I'm a working class man. I'll never make 200k a year. Forget about 400k.

Where is this 220k/400k people ?
Aren't they the same making those laws ?
Will they tax themselves ?

A question that never gets answered. Rich people work just as hard for their money, if not harder. We should all be taxed the same percentage. Trump had it right even though there were still tax brackets. Better than trying to break the rich to appeal to the uneducated poor.

That sounds.. asocial. How do you define "uneducated poor"? Someone with only MIT-batchelor? Or the soda-seller on the streetcorner? Where do you put the line?

And in my experience, the rich do not work harder than the poor - how do you work 100x or a thousand times harder than a normal person? This is crap, ideolising the rich to make up for their greed, and its in your mind only.

All taxed the same percentage? How? If a normal person has 3,000$ per month available, paying 1,250$ for rent, 750$ for necessities and 500$ for loans, this leaves 500$ (1/6 = about 16%). Gotta take that away from him, because 20% taxes are fair to everyone, right? No.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
a reply to: peter_kandra

Yeah America the great...

One of the richest countries in the EU here and our middle class is somewhere in the 60 to 70k. Top that off with a healty 40% contribution to the IRS.

Granted I only have to put in 38hrs a week, get 40+ paid leave days and my wife gets to stay home and take care of the kids...

Somebody is doing it wrong...

Peace

If Americans had the European attitude of working as little as possible and avoiding risk-taking, our GDP wouldn't be 50 percent larger than China's and you and the world wouldn't be enjoying the technological marvels that originated here, like the Internet you used to express your disdain for us. If Americans were less hardworking, do you think we could have prevented Russia and China from conquering or subverting all their neighbors for the last 70 years? If it had been up to Europe to stop them, South Korea, Japan and Taiwan would all be communist, and who knows what your precious Western Europe would be like today. But go ahead and sneer at us if it makes you feel superior. 

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join