It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This just in, Joey Lied.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Lol. Raise taxes on the class that doesn’t pay taxes. Nothing but virtue signalling.

They could probably make billions combating tax fraud, closing loopholes and having actual enforcement go after the corporate class. All without having to raise taxes a single percent. but since the wealthy rule the country the chances of that happening are nill. Rulers do not tax themselves.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: network dude

The thing about taxes like that is that they're targetting the wrong people.

Taxing individuals making a few hundred K higher than those making less won't do anything. Those taxes are still a drop in the bucket compares to the US debt and expenses.

Meanwhile, it still doesn't do anything about massive multinational, billionaire corporations that in a large part, not only receive hefty subsidies from your tax money and tax money from governments around the world, and still manage to pay nearly nothing in taxes.

You tax someone making $400k even 100%, that's only $400k.

You tax a corporation that makes a billion annually in revenue at 10%...that's $100,000,000.

Yet these companies end up paying less than 1% in taxes if even that.

www.nytimes.com...

The 55 biggest companies in America paid 0$ in taxes this year. Meanwhile, the average.person will be taxed higher to pay for foreign infrastructure funding.

Corporations don't pay taxes. Consumers pay taxes.

The tax code is too complicated and riddled with too many loopholes. Politicians use the tax code to dole out favors to their constituents and lobbyist.

A simple flat tax with no deductions at a rate that isn't worth avoiding is the best solution.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

...ALSO...

Water wet.
Poop stinks.

And I am awesome....just saying.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Why should we bother getting taxed at all? The feds just printed trillions of dollars out of thin air this year under the guise of Covid relief, and they seem to think that’s just fine and dandy. So then if we can just print whatever money the government says it needs, why bother taxing anyone at all? Just get those presses running overtime and print the stuff rather than stealing it from us.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Subsonic

I think the $5 trillion spent on covid during the past 12 months was a loan from china... At 200% interest.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonergeek

How do you know how hard anyone works? Never worked day

Wow you pick 10 out of 7 billion good job, you win!

You might be able to add some hedge fund managers who do not support anyone else, but can make 500 million in a year...Another not so good example.

How about the person who has lets say 20 people working for them i.e. supporting 20 families who might make lets say 500k to 1 million a year and work 60 to 80 or more hours a week to make it happen. That is the typical "evil rich" LSU2018 is talking about.

edit on 5-4-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Apparently these #up Democrats must have realized too many $400,000+ a year people were Democrats and not enough are honest enough not to cheat the taxes !!!

No choice now but to include some lesser salaries to pay for the screwball policies coming up 🤣🤣

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I agree. And that should apply to companies with hundreds of million to billions in revenue also.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 01:26 PM
link   
It's very simple and always has been. No income tax, no IRS, no corporate exemptions. EVERYBODY that works or owns a business, including charities and churches, pays sales tax on everything they buy. No deductions, no loopholes, everybody pays the same percentage.

The only reason we have an income tax and thousands of miles in complicated red-tape is because it is so much easier to steal the American people blind because they have little hope of ever comprehending how the tax system works and how easy it is to make trillions disappear.

We have an American "royalty" that loves living the high life off the blood, sweat, and tears of the people they're supposed to be serving. Their arses need to be thrown out of office and out of the country.

edit on 4/5/2021 by Klassified because: eta

edit on 4/5/2021 by Klassified because: spelling

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Apparently these #up Democrats must have realized too many $400,000+ a year people were Democrats and not enough are honest enough not to cheat the taxes !!!

No choice now but to include some lesser salaries to pay for the screwball policies coming up 🤣🤣

Obama/Biden once said 250k+ was rich, and I said that number one day could be 100K or less... The problem is that the rich really do not make enough, if they taxed them 100% it would be about 400 billion more per year, so lets tax them 70% and that would be about 200 billion more per year, so how do we pay for AOCs 10 trillion new plan with that? To get that to even a trillion more per year you are dipping really deep into lower paying brackets...

edit on 5-4-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
It's very simple and always has been. No income tax, no IRS, no corporate exemptions. EVERYBODY that works or owns a business, including charities and churches, pays sales tax on everything they buy. No deductions, no loopholes, everybody pays the same percentage.

Even a flat tax on everyone would be low...like 8%.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Meanwhile, Joe Biden, being the rich guy he is... used an S-Corp to funnel his earnings from books / speaking engagements to avoid having a payroll tax.

Republicans Slam Biden for Using Tax Loophole

I've always felt if people want to pay more in taxes, then they are free to voluntarily send more money to the IRS. Biden voters should be stripped of any tax shelters or loop holes. You voted for this mess, you pay for it. Once Biden voters have put up their share, then come see the rest of us....

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   
People that voted for Biden can own it. We tried to warn them this was going to happen. He was going to raise taxes, have more kids in cages, cause oil prices to rise, harm the oil industry, kill jobs, get back in bed with Iran (the country that stones to death gays) and let China do whatever they want.

It's all happening just like we told em'.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   

In the big picture, the tax brackets have always and will always be just one more (never ending) battle in the divide-and-conquer campaign against us. The national tax brackets are inequitable and unfair because the cost of living across the nation is not equal. The same $200,000 income for a family is going to go much much farther some places than others, making it an excellent income for some, a comfortable income for others, and a pittance for still others.

On the other hand, corporations do not pay taxes... their customers pay their taxes -- if they pay any taxes at all! In a free market, customers determine whose business or product or service is a benefit to the public, and it thrives due to the public's custom. In a corporate market, govt decides which business or products or services will thrive, due to privileges and entitlements... not because the public needs or even wants it. But the public still pays for it via income taxes on their sweat and blood. We pay plenty of other ways as well. Such as cities and states that give tax breaks to businesses to entice them to operate in their city/state, but the corporation is still allowed to tax their customers and keep it!

No one should be paying any taxes on any earned income. The fruit of our labor is ours and ours alone, to be spent (or not) as we deem fit. For unearned income (aka capital gains) and corporations, institute a flat tax on their profits. Any additional revenue needed can come from tariffs and other forms of taxes.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 02:05 PM
link   
What I know of 200k families is that a lot of them are in debt up to their necks.
'Rich', but effectively living paycheck to paycheck.
Tax increases on them will have an effect that no one expects.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Apparently, the anti-Trump, pro-Biden crowd wants to pay higher taxes.

*shrugs*

We all said this would happen.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Sounds like you're across the pond, which means really not something you would need to have any input on. That's just my 2 cents on that.

As for the OP, until exemptions, deductions, losses, etc. are removed from the tax code the only people hurt by increase in taxes are people that make considerably less than 200k as a family, much less an individual. That being said, income tax should not be a thing, it should have never gotten off the ground. Every signer of the 16th should have been hung, that's just my personal opinion on it.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry too much about taxes on corporations. The infrastructure bill effectively ends Right to Work, so there will be plenty of corps that pull up stakes rather than deal with unions.

Can't tax what's not here to be taxed.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
What I know of 200k families is that a lot of them are in debt up to their necks.

I'm in the slightly above range and the funny thing is once all my deductions are taken out, like maximizing my 401k, it is a lot less than one would think. Add two kids in college and it is barely anything at the end of the month.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: butcherguy

I'm in the slightly above range and the funny thing is once all my deductions are taken out, like maximizing my 401k, it is a lot less than one would think. Add two kids in college and it is barely anything at the end of the month.

Most of the people in my community who make between $300-$500k live pretty modestly. In fact, probably drive cheaper cars than people making $75k. When you are in the that income range, you make enough to maybe afford a vacation, put money away for retirement, etc.... however, you are not living it up like the Rich & Famous.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join