It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This just in, Joey Lied.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   
www.oann.com...

Over the weekend, he said he will increase taxes on families making $200,000 a year. While promoting it last month, however, the Democrat promised families making less than $400,000 per year would see no change in their taxes.

All you semi-wealthy folk need to pony up some money for the "infrastructure" plan joey is pushing. Sure he said anyone under $400K would be safe, but when has a politician told you the truth? I'm sure everyone's taxes will be going up. Even the low wager earners in the $50k group.
But then, this is exactly what 80 million Americans voted for right?

Work more, make more money, they need more money to use for "infrastructure" that seems to be anything but roads and bridges. Why do we allow things like this to happen? Oh wait, I heard the answer a while back. A person is smart, but people are stupid. I agree, carry on.

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

...ALSO...

Water wet.
Poop stinks.

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I'm a working class man. I'll never make 200k a year. Forget about 400k.

Where is this 220k/400k people ?
Aren't they the same making those laws ?
Will they tax themselves ?

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Of course he lied. He's just saying what his earpiece tells him. Anybody thinking we'll all be ok after the rich people are taxed is living a democrat pipe dream. They'll raise their costs to balance lost revenue from taxes and we'll all be screwed. Stupid people.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

A question that never gets answered. Rich people work just as hard for their money, if not harder. We should all be taxed the same percentage. Trump had it right even though there were still tax brackets. Better than trying to break the rich to appeal to the uneducated poor.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Wait...I can't find my really tiny violin I wanted to play for all those poor people making over 15K a month.

Taxes suck ,politicians lie...next you'll be telling me WWF is fake.

Peace

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

A question that never gets answered. Rich people work just as hard for their money, if not harder. We should all be taxed the same percentage. Trump had it right even though there were still tax brackets. Better than trying to break the rich to appeal to the uneducated poor.

Some taxes are ok, some.

When someone wants to increase taxes is only because he/she needs more money to spend in $h!t they don't want to tell us about.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

The only way a flat tax works is if we get rid of the IRS and all the loopholes. Those brackets are useless when you can skirt it via loopholes.

A flat percentage no matter what... Maybe have a threshold where those under the threshold don't pay, like 20k or something.

Plus we waste an incredible amount with the IRS.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
www.oann.com...

Over the weekend, he said he will increase taxes on families making $200,000 a year. While promoting it last month, however, the Democrat promised families making less than $400,000 per year would see no change in their taxes.

All you semi-wealthy folk need to pony up some money for the "infrastructure" plan joey is pushing. Sure he said anyone under $400K would be safe, but when has a politician told you the truth? I'm sure everyone's taxes will be going up. Even the low wager earners in the $50k group.

Work more, make more money, they need more money to use for "infrastructure" that seems to be anything but roads and bridges. Why do we allow things like this to happen? Oh wait, I heard the answer a while back. A person is smart, but people are stupid. I agree, carry on.

You must make some big bucks to worry about that.
edit on 5-4-2021 by stonergeek because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Sounds good to me. I can’t wait until his real plan is shown that he has to tax everyone in the US to pay for infrastructure. The ones I see it hurting and actually effect paying bills are people that probably voted Joe Biden.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

How do you know how hard anyone works? Never worked day
edit on 5-4-2021 by stonergeek because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Build Back Tireder. When is tired re-tired anymore?
I'm on a fixed income now; and I'm REALLY tired of
somebody telling me my SS pension is triple-dippable.

Good thread, Dude. But I WILL NOT abide. Twice.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Perhaps the best part of a crappy situation is there will be plenty of those people hit in the democratic stronghold states.

New York and the Northeastern seaboard
California and Washington

As well as most major cities where Biden support was highest like Atlanta for instance.

Also ironic how he nixed Warren's ultra-rich tax plan

The White House signaled this week, for instance, that Biden dislikes Sen. Elizabeth Warren's proposal for a tax on the accumulated wealth of the richest Americans. The Massachusetts Democrat has pitched a 2% annual tax on fortunes above $50 million and a 3% tax on the net worth of households and trusts above $1 billion.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 12:53 PM
link   

That is a typical upper middle class family in most large cities. You can have a teacher and an electrician clearing $200k/yr in household income.

Democrats love this group because they make too much for the lower classes to feel sorry for them, but they are hardly "rich". Families making $500k a year have way more in common with a family making $100k/yr than they do with people making a few million a year. The problem is the uninformed lower classes think people making $500k/yr live like billionaires when in fact they are just working stiffs.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

Wait...I can't find my really tiny violin I wanted to play for all those poor people making over 15K a month.

Peace

You mean like a plumber who may employ several people and works 80 hours a week?
It's all subjective until it personally affects your wallet.

FYI, A $200k income for a family isn't what I'd describe as rich. It's barely middle class in most high cost of living areas.
Most college educated people with a marketable degree or trades people will earn $100k or more annual at some point in their career.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonergeek

originally posted by: network dude
www.oann.com...

You must make some big bucks to worry about that.

I'll be interested to hear if your taxes go down, or up at the end of the year. I have a feeling, as I stated, that this won't end at the $200k mark. I don't make 'Augustus' money, I'm a regular guy. But I don't think those who have worked hard to get to the point where they make 'Augustus' money, should be made to pay more as a punishment for success either.

I actually like Critial's idea of ending the IRS and having a flat tax. Barter system will be the only loophole and that would benefit those who can and have some service of value to trade. Like a computer guy or something.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

Peace

Don't make me send hacksaw Jim Dougan over to hit you with a 2x4. Rastlin is real. But Jimmy might have to scale down to a 2x2, what with the price of lumber these days.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: peter_kandra

Yeah America the great...

One of the richest countries in the EU here and our middle class is somewhere in the 60 to 70k. Top that off with a healty 40% contribution to the IRS.

Granted I only have to put in 38hrs a week, get 40+ paid leave days and my wife gets to stay home and take care of the kids...

Somebody is doing it wrong...

Peace

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Taxing well to do people always trickles down to the not well to do people.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   

The thing about taxes like that is that they're targetting the wrong people.

Taxing individuals making a few hundred K higher than those making less won't do anything. Those taxes are still a drop in the bucket compares to the US debt and expenses.

Meanwhile, it still doesn't do anything about massive multinational, billionaire corporations that in a large part, not only receive hefty subsidies from your tax money and tax money from governments around the world, and still manage to pay nearly nothing in taxes.

You tax someone making $400k even 100%, that's only $400k.

You tax a corporation that makes a billion annually in revenue at 10%...that's $100,000,000.

Yet these companies end up paying less than 1% in taxes if even that.

www.nytimes.com...

The 55 biggest companies in America paid 0$ in taxes this year. Meanwhile, the average.person will be taxed higher to pay for foreign infrastructure funding.
edit on 5/4/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join