It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Jam 2 A New Legacy Trailer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Hello, ATS. Here's the first trailer to the new Space Jam movie Starring Lebron James. It looks pretty good. I think I'll see this one. Here's the Trailer:

So, what does everyone think? Yea or Nay? I plan to see it regardless but I just want to see how many want to see it also.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

It looks pretty , It'll do well.

A bit too family friendly for my tastes but I'm sure the demographic it's aimed at will enjoy it.
edit on 4-4-2021 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I liked the 2d animated parts and they let Yosimite Sam have his guns.

Not really a fan of the whole 3d animation thing though and a lot of that trailer felt like it was trying to be tron or something.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Ayy they gave my boy his pistols back~

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   

LOLOLOL "Senior Discount" at 2:30.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I'll give it a chance but based on the trailer I have doubts... it's hard to compete with a classic like the original film.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Not really a fan of the whole 3d animation thing though and a lot of that trailer felt like it was trying to be tron or something.

I think a downfall of many modern remakes is that they try to be too modern instead of sticking to what made the originals good. Instead of something funny like getting sucked into a golf hole, they went with getting pulled into a matrix computer. The Jumanji reboot makes the same mistake, instead of sticking to the original lore they had to introduce a cursed game console. Having new people dig up the original board again would have been a million times better.
edit on 4/4/2021 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Maybe the new Jumanji vs. the original isn't quite a great example. The original was perfect, and even though I didn't think the new one was as good, kids of this generation, and movie watchers didnt agree considering the original made 262 million (452 million with inflation), and the new reboot make 960+ million.

I really can't wait for my kids to see the new Space Jam. It looks fun and full of references they'd get.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I'm sure it helps that these days Hollywood productions tend to make most of their money overseas these days in places where the population is many times larger than America.

link

This is also part of the reason most movies these days seem dumbed down. The target audience is typically people for whom English isn't their first language.

Movies aren't made for North Americans any more.
edit on 4/4/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

100% , lots of blockbusters are made for China.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Maybe the new Jumanji vs. the original isn't quite a great example. The original was perfect, and even though I didn't think the new one was as good, kids of this generation, and movie watchers didnt agree considering the original made 262 million (452 million with inflation), and the new reboot make 960+ million.

I wouldn't say the new Jumanji films are bad, they are fairly generic though... but they have some really popular actors so people pay to watch it. The original Jumanji film had a well thought out origin story for the board and the characters didn't feel shallow, and that fed into the horror aspect of the film. The new films decided to be a comedy more than anything which completely undermines the lore and vibe of the original film.

Now it's just a franchise that doesn't take its self seriously and wont have any lasting impact like the original film. Even with ancient CGI tech the original is still far more engrossing. Space Jam may not be a great comparison because the original was primarily a comedy but even the original Space Jam film had some character depth and the story didn't feel generic. I can't judge Space Jam 2 without seeing it but I strongly suspect it will suffer the same issues.
edit on 4/4/2021 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Ayy they gave my boy his pistols back~

They nerfed Lola Bunny. Will pass.

edit on 4-4-2021 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   
LeBron is no Michael Jordan. LeBron turned his sport into political theater and now wants us to pay to see his lame ass in a movie? No thanks.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 04:16 PM
link   
But ... that white man with the guns!!!

Oh, my, I feel threatened!!!!!!

:
edit on 2021 4 04 by incoserv because: I needed reassurance. The edit box is my safe space.

new topics

top topics

join