It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the 800 pound gorilla in the Geatz fiasco

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: Boadicea

Your previous post implied that Matt was most likely innocent but trying to expose the real sex traffickers, or did i read your post wrong?

I've posted quite a bit, and I have no idea which "previous post" you think implies any such thing.

But, in fact and in deed, my original and still best guess is that Gaetz is guilty of something, including consensual sex with a 17-year-old girl. Initially, mostly because blackmail/extortion works best when there is actual wrongdoing to be exploited. Since, because further reports about Gaetz support reckless and possibly criminal sexual activities.

And given that Gaetz was quite candid about his sexual adventures and proclivities, he would have made an easy target for anyone who wanted to obtain compromising -- even illegal -- evidence (pics, receipts, etc.) for future exploitation.

As someone in the news said recently, it is possible to be both guilty of a crime and the victim of a crime at the same time. Including this situation. It's easy to believe that Gaetz committed crimes, and is now the victim of extortion and/or blackmailing crimes. It's also easy to believe that those extorting/blackmailing Gaetz are also guilty of greater crimes, including sex trafficking.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

a reply to: network dude

you seem to be fast out of the gate accusing two fbi of extortion, tho.

All I know is what was said. I haven't condemned anyone. Do you get points for an early call?

eta: the reason for this thread is more about why there is the choice to make things like this go away for the rich and famous, than it is about how guilty Matt may or may not be.

Poor people often get the same choices, but the price is different. Cops pulls you over for a busted tail light, sees that you're young and female, says that he knows a way to make it slip his mind.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Politics is a dirty game. You'd have to be crazy to go into if you know you got some dirt. It will get exposed. However, it seems most of these people are too arrogant to even recognize their own weakness.

I"m recalling Eliot Spitzer, remember him? New York governor? Really strong public figure. He was getting ready to come down hard on the banks in NY in a bout a week with indictments and such when out of nowhere he gets caught with a 5000 dollar hooker.

I have no real idea but to my way of looking at things, one just dosen't start with $5000 hookers, one works his way up to them. So I figure he had been seeing gals of this profession for quite a while. Any how, what a schmo. How in hell did he think he could keep this kind of ''habit'' secret from the all prying eyes.

So I figure his adversaries had him for this for quite a while and were waiting for the moment when it could be used to their greatest advantage. Waiting patently . What a schmo and as you suggest, too arrogant to even recognize his own weakness.

He was a hero in his own eyes, kind of like I think Gaetz sees himself. A rising star and future president tied to the Trumpian coat tails.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 11:28 AM
link   

ok, so you're implying the fbi agents are the are more likely the sex traffickers.

why do you think matty exposed the investigation into the fbi extortion case? considering they're investigating sex traffickers in your opinion, do you think that was wise?

edit on 4-4-2021 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Do we know that the MSM are able to speak freely about the extortion?

If it's an ongoing case there may be reporting restrictions in place.

Hmmm... good question. If there are such restrictions in place, I would very much like them made public so the public can be aware that we do not and cannot have the whole truth at this time. I would particularly like to know and understand why it is acceptable to speak freely about the sex crimes but not the extortion.

We know that the big media love a good scandal regardless of whether it's somebody on the left or somebody on the right...

I would disagree. We all saw how Hunter's laptop news was squashed with a big fat jackboot.

...and the fact that they aren't biting this makes me suspect that there is some kind of non-disclosure order in place preventing them form doing so.

There may be some kind of non-disclosure order in place, but if so, then I want to know why it's okay to report on the allegations against Gaetz, but not Gaetz' allegations against others.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 11:34 AM
link   

ok, so you're implying the fbi agents are the are more likely the sex traffickers.

No. I am not implying anything. I said what I meant and I meant what I said. I am not naming or suspecting anyone(s) in particular. Nor have I ruled out anyone(s) in particular.

why do you think matty exposed the investigation into the fbi extortion case?

Self preservation. The best defense is a good offense and all that.

... considering they're investigating sex traffickers in your opinion, do you think that was wise?

I don't have an opinion on the wisdom of it. It could work in his favor or it could work against him. There are too many unknowns and variables for me to judge that in any way. Apparently Gaetz thought it was wise or he would not have done it. But I'm not especially impressed with Gaetz' judgment in general anyway.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

My Brother in law, is of the mindset that "they" have pictures of all the key players porking kids and they use them to get the results they want. Up to and including Justice Roberts.

I'm not sure, but his way out there theory looks more and more plausible each day.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Politics is a dirty game. You'd have to be crazy to go into if you know you got some dirt. It will get exposed. However, it seems most of these people are too arrogant to even recognize their own weakness.

I"m recalling Eliot Spitzer, remember him? New York governor? Really strong public figure. He was getting ready to come down hard on the banks in NY in a bout a week with indictments and such when out of nowhere he gets caught with a 5000 dollar hooker.

I have no real idea but to my way of looking at things, one just dosen't start with $5000 hookers, one works his way up to them. So I figure he had been seeing gals of this profession for quite a while. Any how, what a schmo. How in hell did he think he could keep this kind of ''habit'' secret from the all prying eyes.

So I figure his adversaries had him for this for quite a while and were waiting for the moment when it could be used to their greatest advantage. Waiting patently . What a schmo and as you suggest, too arrogant to even recognize his own weakness.

He was a hero in his own eyes, kind of like I think Gaetz sees himself. A rising star and future president tied to the Trumpian coat tails.

Yup. Remember his case. I recall thinking... all so convenient. Pretty sure the bankers all knew and had it in their back pocket if he started getting to close.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The last several years have taught me to just wait and see.

He's a politician, so naturally I do not trust him or anything he says. The truth will be hammered out and when it is I think everyone will come away with a sense of filthy foreboding for the political career of Matt Geatz.

edit on 4 4 2021 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Have money? you can screw all the kids you want, just pay the man on your way out.

this exposes a really sick part of the swamp I think we all know exists, and few want to discuss. It's a shame he couldn't use the fund already set up for all this, the tenured law makers use.

Kind of like what Russia and China does... Blackmail is a interesting game. I could see him being setup in a scam...Is there even a women in the picture yet? Be interesting in who she is and from where, and if she was part of a scam in the first place.

The only way to make something go away is for the woman not to testify or push charges... The other part is if you dated a 17 year-old knowingly or not, who the hell would even know about it if it wasn't a setup in the first place.
edit on 4-4-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

his buddy joel greenberg was indicted last year on stalking and sex trafficking.

he's also accused of stealing $400,000.

and, this -

Greenberg was indicted in June 2020 for stalking and unlawful use of a means of identification of another person in connection to the alleged fake letters he sent to defame his rival who was employed at the unidentified school, the United States Attorney's Office for the Middle District of Florida announced. His alleged criminal offenses have since compounded when he was hit with production of identification and false identification documents, aggravated identity theft, and sex trafficking of a child, among others.

he's a real peach. apparently, he's talking...

www.washingtonexaminer.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">link

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

But, in fact and in deed, my original and still best guess is that Gaetz is guilty of something, including consensual sex with a 17-year-old girl.

In Florida the age of consent is 18
The girl was 17
Legally she is unable to give consent.
Statutory rape is the correct term.
Don't water it down.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: balanc3

In Florida the age of consent is 18

Yup. And in Georgia, it is 16.

The girl was 17
Legally she is unable to give consent.

Yup.

Statutory rape is the correct term.

Yup. ETA: For legal purposes.

Don't water it down.

Explicitly naming the exact crime is not watering it down. Exactly the opposite. It is being accurate and specific. It describes the clear nature of the crime.

What it does very clearly and succinctly "water down" is the gaslighting taking place to evoke a mental picture, and therefore emotional and psychological reaction, of a brutal and violent crime against a young girl by the use of the word "rape."

edit on 4-4-2021 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

So who would have the power to do that? A Committee head maybe? Maybe Gaetz is being blackmailed by a committee head in exchange for backing off of something that he's been looking into. The money might just be a red herring in that case.

So some strange reason I get the feeling that Adam Schiff is behind this blackmail bit, and the true issue here is pressuring Gaetz to back off of an investigation, as well as using this to deflect the attention off of Bill Gates' visit to Epstein Island.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

just throwing crap out to see what sticks, per usual? and, you'll start racking up the star love i bet. LOLOLOLOL

this one is pretty lame. ya'll are desperate to spin this and having a hard time, imo. it's funny.

and, to think the op a few days ago was screaming about evidence and not jumping to conclusions. are you going to admonish this poster op????

i won't hold my breath.

wow, just wow.

edit on 4-4-2021 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

So then who do you think is behind this blackmail attempt? If you think it's the PI then by all means explain how they have the power to end a Federal Investigation? I committee head can do that, and which committee head do we know of that has stuff involving kids and have been crying about fake videos and has something to hide?

What is your opinion?

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Oh, so it was good rape not bad rape?

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

matty spilled the beans regarding the supposed extortion plot and who is behind it. it was REAL dumb of matty to expose the investigation the way he did. his desperation reeks! it's funny.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 05:58 PM
link   

zackly

What a fool

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

Oh, so it was good rape not bad rape?

No. It is not about "good" vs "bad". It's about the law and the laws that define and qualify "rape" for legal purposes. As the laws clearly specify, it is a matter of degree, hence varying laws for varying circumstances, and carrying varying penalties depending on the specific criminal conviction.

One is a forced rape, one is not. Forced rapes always carry greater sentences/penalties than statutory rape. Various contributing/aggravating factors, such as the degree of physical harm inflicted, also influence charging and sentencing.

One is a crime in every state, one is not. This include states that carry no statutory rape laws, so there is no such thing as "statutory rape." It is only "rape" because the law says so. "Rape" however has a well-established universal meaning not confined by law. The act of rape needs no qualifier. But I can and do still find it morally reprehensible for several reasons; force and physical brutality is not one of them however.

edit on 4-4-2021 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join