It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taiwan news April 3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 01:38 AM
link   

I don't think it's a good idea to say something by speculation, but if it's a truck, it's really pitiful.
The president's words, "Don't over-speculate and blame."
I would like Japanese politicians not only to emphasize the investigation of the cause, but also to make such thoughtful remarks.

Seems to be some suspicion in this accident.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

A terrible incident that has cost too many lives, my heart goes out to those people and there family's.

Sadly accidents do happen and while there may be some reasons for China or communist sympathisers (a minority in Taiwan) to want to do something such an act of terrorism would not have gained them anything, the most China could have gained from such would have been to monitor how rapidly and affectively Taiwan was able to get it's infrastructure working again on a small scale and to see how easy it would be to cripple it at weak point's but I doubt very much they would have engineered something like this and instead they would have cut land cables for power, blown up water supply pipes, that said how vital is this rail line, does it connect to any major infrastructure or is it just a commuter line..

I don't see it being a deliberate act though rather human error and it is a terrible tragedy that has bereaved people of there loved ones, children of there parents and parents of there children.

And even in Japan your nation whom have the most advanced train network in the world and given the sheer number of people that use it one of the safest by far especially when you remember the geological instability of the region you have had a great many accidents over the years, at least 107 people including the driver were killed in a crash in 2005 and many hundreds injured for example.

I pray the Lord God have mercy and watch over them and please may they walk in his light this day alive in the his new world.

Make no mistake though If and When China tries to invade they will have an army of disguised infiltrators whom will sabotage the infrastructure on a large scall and cause chaos and distraction for the emergency services as well as trying to damage internal transport to block and slow Taiwan's response to there invasion.
edit on 4-4-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 02:48 AM
link   

I have no idea what has actually happened in that video. It would have been helpful if you had translated at least a small amount of what the reporter was saying.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Totally incomprehensible.

Totally random.

Stop cluttering up the forums with this crap. This is not the first time you placed a meaningless post without context here.

It's irritating.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Stop cluttering up the forums with this crap.

It's a thing that happened being reported on in a current events board on a conspiracy based forum , can't say I see a problem with that kind of crap given the amount of US political crap that gets posted here.

From the pictures I've seen of the accident it seems likely that is what it was , sadly these kind of accidents happen on railway lines around the world.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

I have no idea what has actually happened in that video. It would have been helpful if you had translated at least a small amount of what the reporter was saying.

To give you the news story in English here it is.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

Totally incomprehensible.

Totally random.

Stop cluttering up the forums with this crap. This is not the first time you placed a meaningless post without context here.

It's irritating.

This site caters to an international community from all around the world, to musicismagic this is a regionally important issue as Taiwan still a ways from Japan but it is still regionally important to this our fellow member, a bit more sensitivity to other's regions since this is an international site would be appreciated.

It is in the Other/Current event's forum and it is a current event, I don't personally see a conspiracy in this one though but I understand how many in that region with there strong and justified suspicion of communist China and it's military and regional and disputed claim over Taiwan, both nations call themselves China by the way but Taiwan is a democratic nation and very capitalist while of course mainland China is communist and has been extending it's claim into other people's territorial waters and destroying ecologically sensitive reef's destroying fisheries and causing pollution in the region.

So as you can see for someone like musicismagic China is the big bully on there door step, however Japan is no slouch if they have to defend themselves.

You have to see that as an international site we have to be sensitive and aware of other members regional view point's on, it may NOT be seen as relevant to you but in the age of internet communications the world is ever smaller so in fact it is relevant if not immediately or a current affair to you were you live, likewise if I start going on about UK issues or some member from France or Italy or Norway goes on about there's it is relevant but not to you.

So if a thread does not appeal to you why comment on it? (I have had to stop myself more than once in the past).

Anyway happy Easter to you and your family (not trying to tell you off just trying to explain that this is a site with many and varying view points and current issues from all around the world).

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 07:55 AM
link   
He only asked that the forum rules be followed. Just because special mike is Japanese it does not give him the privilege of posting without context. The forum has rules one of which is posts in English. Having a video not in English would require some English subtext for some to even comment. Thankfully you came alone and dug out the OP but that doesn’t excuse his jiggerish.

a reply to: LABTECH767

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Fair enough and you make a good point, I agree the videos not in English should be explained in English or that they should have an English version posted, remember Mike has probably not meant to make it awkward though as pretty much everyone that watches current event's on the news already KNOWS about the incident, of course some people don't they just browse the net and cherry pick so for them not knowing the incident is also very possible.

That said I agree with your point and if I came across as Scathing then I apologise to Riffrafter as that as I pointed out in my comment was not my intent though reading it my comment does look a bit like I was.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

That said I agree with your point and if I came across as Scathing then I apologise to Riffrafter as that as I pointed out in my comment was not my intent though reading it my comment does look a bit like I was.

No worries, amigo.

No harm, no foul and I have pretty thick skin for the most part.

Unless someone tries to 'dis my children. Then all bets are off and there are no rules...

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Seems it was just a tragic accident

A construction site manager whose lorry slid on to a railway track and led to Taiwan's worst train disaster in decades has expressed "deep regret".

Lee Yi-hsiang, 49, said he was "deeply remorseful" and wanted to give his "most sincere apologies".

His flatbed lorry was parked on an embankment but slipped down it, causing the train to derail on Friday near the city of Hualien.

At least 50 people were killed and more than 200 injured in the crash.

Investigators say CCTV footage from the front carriage showed the train driver had only 6.9 seconds to respond and the train was only 250m (820ft) away from the lorry, not enough time or distance for the driver to stop and avoid the collision.

The probe is now looking into whether Mr Lee failed to set the emergency brake or whether there was a mechanical failure in his vehicle.

He was questioned over the weekend by prosecutors and released on bail, but on Sunday he was taken back into custody because he was deemed a flight risk and had a previous conviction, Taiwanese media reported.
www.bbc.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

join