It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its beginning to look all aass backwards in the State

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

That's a cool story bro, but that's your opinion.
Not just my opinion. It's been known for a long time.

“I don’t want everybody to vote,” Paul Weyrich, an influential conservative activist, said in 1980. “As a matter of fact, our leverage in the elections quite candidly goes up as the voting populace goes down.”

“The things they had in there were crazy. They had things, levels of voting that if you’d ever agreed to it, you’d never have a Republican elected in this country again,” Trump said

www.theguardian.com...
edit on 4/4/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Don't the regulations apply equally to everyone?

Yes. But some demographic groups are more affected by them. For example, ballot dropboxes. Dropboxes were highly utilized in areas with high numbers of black voters in the last election. Reducing dropbox access therefore has a higher impact in these areas.

Maybe the intent isn't actually "racist." But it is known that black voters tend to vote Democrat.

So you are saying black people don't have cars or access to transportation, and aren't like other races of people? And can't vote the same as white people. And you are implying "they" all live out in the wilderness with no access to voting centers. Just like the MSM has been training the public to believe this RACIST nonsense. They are segregated far away from easy access to voting, is what you are saying.

What a concept in the denigration and defamation of a people. You just won an award for the highest degree of ignorance. It is verbatim of what the democrat party has been pushing and their affiliates the Main stream media.
It is the most OFFENSIVE lies I have ever heard. Just ask Charles Barkley, he agrees with me of what this represents.
edit on 4-4-2021 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

So you are saying black people don't have cars or access to transportation, and aren't like other races of people? And can't vote the same as white people. And you are implying "they" all live out in the wilderness with no access to voting centers.
I said none of those things.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Oh but you did say it. Your words imply that without mail in drop boxes, the black population won't be able to have their votes counted as easy as whatever any other races of people do.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   

No. It's not a matter of counting votes.

What I've clearly stated is that the intent is simply to make voting more difficult. The more people vote, the harder it is for Republicans to win. The fewer who vote the better, for Republicans.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 05:12 PM
link   

No. It's not a matter of counting votes.

What I've clearly stated is that the intent is simply to make voting more difficult. The more people vote, the harder it is for Republicans to win. The fewer who vote the better, for Republicans.

That's just old propaganda the dems have been using. Ridiculous. That means if what you are pushing here was true, that a HUGE majority of voters will always be "democrats". But somehow don't get to go out and vote, so republicans sometimes win.

You are obviously a fully and religiously indoctrinated leftist parrot. You should be getting a call from CNN soon.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 05:16 PM
link   

That's just old propaganda the dems have been using.
May I refer you to the first post on this page?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You are obviously a fully and religiously indoctrinated leftist parrot.

I'm certainly left of you, but closer to centrist than leftist.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 06:15 PM
link   

No true at least in the south, winning the senate by one main area in Atlanta that is democrats raised everybody's concern as voters fraud in GA, in democrat areas no id is asked for and neither signatures are checked.

Pandering to illegals with propaganda with free money was another concern been raised on last elections, also ballots were send to any mailing address within Atlanta area, meaning anybody that got their hand on this ballots could cast with no prove of identity. Yes all this crap went on during last elections and also during the special election for senate.

I always have to show ID in my voting place and I see nothing wrong with it.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 11:50 PM
link   

a reply to: Arnie123

They can go to an assigned precinct and vote.

Walk, Bus or an Uber, Lyft.

Yes, thank you.
Make it harder to vote. That's the idea. The more people vote, the harder it is for Republicans to win. That's why I said the intent isn't actually "racist."

And what's up with facing arrest for giving someone a bottle of water?

I don't know about that. It only makes it harder in the same sense that its harder for a person who lives further from a polling place than for someone who lives closer. There is always going to be some way that its easier for one person than another based on all sorts of variables. The point is that no one is being denied the right or opportunity to vote. The only thing laws like this do is make it harder to cheat. You wonder why republicans are so adamant about passing laws making it harder to cheat where I wonder why democrats are so opposed. The answer seems obvious, doesn't it?

As for the bottle of water, that oversimplifies the situation. Its meant to prevent a party from buying votes with free lunches, coffee and donuts, gift cards, swag bags, whatever. You can not offer material compensation in any form in exchange for a vote.
edit on 4-4-2021 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I don't know about that. It only makes it harder in the same sense that its harder for a person who lives further from a polling place than for someone who lives closer.

It was easier. More people voted. Republicans took a beating. Now it's harder again. Fewer are likely to vote.

Its meant to prevent a party from buying votes with free lunches, coffee and donuts, gift cards, swag bags, whatever. You can not offer material compensation in any form in exchange for a vote.
Yes I know.

Is the theory that people have been standing in line, are thirsty, are not going to leave the line. But if some says, "hey, here's a bottle of water if you vote for my guy" they are going to change the way they were going to vote? That doesn't make much sense, since there is no way to know how they will actually vote.

Or is the theory that it will encourage people to vote if they know people might be offering food and water in the line?

Was there no existing law which prohibited electioneering within a certain radius of the polling place? If there was, why the need to "reinforce" it?

edit on 4/5/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 08:18 AM
link   

It was easier. More people voted. Republicans took a beating. Now it's harder again. Fewer are likely to vote.

That beating was in no small part due to millions of illegally cast votes. Hence the precautions for next time.

Is the theory that people have been standing in line, are thirsty, are not going to leave the line. But if some says, "hey, here's a bottle of water if you vote for my guy" they are going to change the way they were going to vote? That doesn't make much sense, since there is no way to know how they will actually vote.

That is oversimplification. Based on Chicago experiences its more a case of, "We will pick you up in our bus, give your coffee and doughnuts, take you to the polls so you can vote, and drop you off where we picked you up - all courtesy of the democrats." The entire bus ride is one long commercial for the democrat candidates. Its not about a thirsty voter losing their place in line. Its openly courting votes with trinkets and baubles.

Electioneering is alive and well. In fact, it is thriving. Which is exactly why we need to do whatever we can to reduce its affect on election outcome.

With the vast preponderance of evidence that votes are being cast illegally it is our civic duty to take whatever steps necessary to maintain the integrity of our election process (if that is even possible any more). As I heard stated recently, "The doubt and distrust of the last election will only get worse in every election yet to come if we do nothing to prevent all forms of illegally cast ballots." I'm sorry I cant tell you who said it, but I agree with it entirely.

Not everyone agrees, but I am one of the people who believe that illegal aliens do not have a right to vote in our elections, even if they currently dwell within our borders. I cant vote for a world leader in Mexico or any other country. Why should people from other countries be allowed to vote here if they are not US citizens?

The illegals voting, modified software, outright fraudulent mail-in ballots, millions of votes "discovered" at 4AM; any of these are enough to change the outcome of an election. All of them together pretty much guarantee a win for whomever is the recipient of the illegal votes. Nothing about that is proper for a democratic republic. But its perfect for a third world dictatorial sh1thole, which we are slowly becoming.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

When it comes to this particular talking head linked in the OP, the question is not who is a liar. it is who is the biggest liar?

edit on 5/4/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join