It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its beginning to look all aass backwards in the State

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 12:16 AM
link   
The US President is lying and the main news is going along with it. For real people, what really is the plan to move forward in America?
I understand when water is muddy, you can not make it clear? It seems now that words of the President is all mud in the water and who wants to hear or ( drink ) muddy water or words that are meaningless to the truth.

I said Madness leads to confusion and that leads to the fall of any nation.

A checking point on this, not that I want to change the subject here, but China now has a strong presence in the Caribbean , next 2 steps is in Mexico and Canada.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I'm glad the Georgia legislature is thinking about taking away some of the perks that Delta has. It opens the door for them, and other states, to begin bringing corporations to heel. If these companies are going to have the privilege of operating in our markets, using infrastructure and perks that individual taxpayers pay for, then they can either respect the laws that taxpayers' representatives make, or they should expect to lose their perks.

Corporations cannot simultaneously assert their right to speech as "corporate persons" while simultaneously expecting to receive perks of being large businesses that private persons have never, and will never, receive.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: AnIntellectualRedneck

It's too bad large corporations have tens of millions of American workers by the balls. Punish/Damage the corporations and workers get castrated.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

It's too bad large corporations have tens of millions of American workers by the balls. Punish/Damage the corporations and workers get castrated.

That is the message the new Administration is not being disclosed to the public.

carewemust, you got good insight

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

That is the message the new Administration is not being disclosed to the public.

carewemust, you got good insight

That's because part of my job is to advise corporate executives in areas related to benefit packages for employees.

The bottom line is that Joe Biden's actions will hurt American workers and consumers. Corporations will raise prices and cut benefits to keep the profit margins investors expect. Relocating to another country is very tempting for many of them already. Joe Biden's heavy handedness might be the excuse they need to go where labor is cheap... like Apple did, years ago.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 02:42 AM
link   

The US President

Presidents are elected by the people. He doesn't appear to be.
Even if Tucker's outrage sounds sincere, I don't really have the patience to listen to any of it until we address the elephant in the room.
He is complicit in the scam by giving him the title.
There's unfinished business in this whole election fiasco.
Machine gun media cycles aren't going to make it right.
...as much as they'd love.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 03:31 AM
link   
" Corporations will raise prices and cut benefits to keep the profit margins investors expect. Relocating to another country is very tempting for many of them already"

This is my number one problem with the US economy. Everything rides on the damned stock market and profit margins. And nowadays, most peoples pensions are tied to it as well.

Eventually there will be no more cheap labor to exploit to keep prices low, and when all the people have been replaced with AI...there will be no consumers to buy the cheap products cuz they will all be out of work.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

I believe that is how China feels America will collapse from within. Just look at the homelessness now across America?
Any of that money going to build housing for them?

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 07:06 AM
link   

edit on 4-4-2021 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

A checking point on this, not that I want to change the subject here, but China now has a strong presence in the Caribbean , next 2 steps is in Mexico and Canada.

How big a presence? China is Canada’s second largest trading partner, and there’s always been a presence here.
Mexico has been building a better relationship with China through trade for a few years now. They’re there now.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Ironically, the two main ways of doing that are top down through government regulation and from the ground up through labor movements and unions. Both of which ConservativesRepublicans have traditionally opposed.

What we are seeing here is the effect of self regulation and allowing the market to find its own level. Companies will naturally expand into the space that they are given, and will see people as a resource to be used up and thrown away unless there are barriers put in place to stop them.

Businesses exist to make money, and the bigger they get the more impersonal they become. Even businesses that start out with good intentions often become like this. Just look at Google, it started out being about freedom and creativity and it was a really nice gig. Now it's a dystopian mega corporation straight out of Robocop's Detroit.

Conservatives are now at a cross roads, reign companies in through regulation and keep them in check, or allow them to regulate themselves and risk companies like Google and Facebook gaining too much power and deploying it to favor the liberals.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
" Corporations will raise prices and cut benefits to keep the profit margins investors expect.

In many ways Europe has a distinct advantage here. Companies in the US are expected to provide large benefit packages because they are the only way that a lot of people will have access to things like a dental plans. In Europe a lot of these things are provided by the state through taxation, so companies don't even need to think about them for anybody except the top flight executives who take them as a kind of bonus due to them being taxed at a lower rate.

In Europe, pretty much the only benefit that companies really need to think about providing is a pension package, and even then staff will often choose to opt out and take a cash payment instead.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
Sorry guys. Voter suppression has consequences. And I'm sure just like the NFL, MLB and Delta will be just fine. Cheaper seats and more seats at the game. Stop using Delta and going to baseball games. It just makes it easier for some of us to take your seats. I'm fine with that.

I'm still a little confused as to how these restrictions will prevent minorities from voting but not white people?

Don't the regulations apply equally to everyone?

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I want my vote to count just as much as other people's votes. I provide ID to get my mail in ballot, everyone should. Otherwise if they just send the ballots out some people will get multiple votes as they steal others ballots and fill them in.

This has been happening and it will get worse. Cheating in elections has always happened and it is anti-democracy to allow extra ways for cheating to go on in this country. I know a few people that voted for their parents and their parents were not involved, that was a few years back, they used the abscentee ballot form and filled in the votes for their parents. I do not know how they voted, I just know they voted for their parents.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Yes. But some demographic groups are more affected by them. For example, ballot dropboxes. Dropboxes were highly utilized in areas with high numbers of black voters in the last election. Reducing dropbox access therefore has a higher impact in these areas.

Maybe the intent isn't actually "racist." But it is known that black voters tend to vote Democrat.

edit on 4/4/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Yes. But some demographic groups are more affected by them. For example, ballot dropboxes. Dropboxes were highly utilized in areas with high numbers of black voters in the last election. Reducing dropbox access therefore has a higher impact in these areas.

Maybe the intent isn't actually "racist." But it is known that black voters tend to vote Democrat.
They can go to an assigned precinct and vote.

Walk, Bus or an Uber, Lyft.

Essentially, Democrats are bringing the ballot boxes to lazy individuals. The easier to vote, the better. Nothing beyond that.

If they put ballot dropboxes up the street, chances are, "People", red, white, blue and black will be highly utilized as well.

It's basic logic and nothing beyond that, it's why we laugh when people try to connect the two, don't be so ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Yes, thank you.
Make it harder to vote. That's the idea. The more people vote, the harder it is for Republicans to win. That's why I said the intent isn't actually "racist."

And what's up with facing arrest for giving someone a bottle of water?

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Yes, thank you.
Make it harder to vote. That's the idea. The more people vote, the harder it is for Republicans to win. That's why I said the intent isn't actually "racist."
Lol, I like the fact that you don't have an actual rebuttal.

You see, I've lived that life. Here in San Antonio, we don't refer to the lower economic areas as ghettos, rather, projects.

My favorite? The Victoria Courts. Yet, even during those time, Tia and Tio would take the bus to go vote, both for Clinton and than Gore. Go figure.

It wasn't hard for them. It isn't hard for minorities now.

Honestly, if you think that's hard, your really not qualified to speak about hardships in life. Hard work brother.

Edit001: You snuck in an edit, the answer? Trash. People leave trash. Keeping food and drink away from precincts promote cleanliness and order.

I'm not going to eat, lol, I'm going to vote.

Lets be real, no one is getting arrested for a bottle of water.
edit on 4-4-2021 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Lol, I like the fact that you don't have an actual rebuttal.

Why would I rebut? I agree. When more people vote Republicans have a harder time winning. The fix is to make it harder to vote.

Keeping food and drink away from precincts promote cleanliness and order.
I see. You can bring your own "trash" but if someone gives you a bottle of water there's a problem and they can be arrested. Makes sense.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Why would I rebut?
Inregards to the GA voting bill.

...I agree. When more people vote Republicans have a harder time winning. The fix is to make it harder to vote.

That's a cool story bro, but that's your opinion. What you mean to say is Dem Operatives who grab arm loads of absentee ballots from the unwitting indivdual, who Dems love to get their vote, but let them remain ignorant *shrugs*

I see. You can bring your own "trash" but if someone gives you a bottle of water there's a problem and they can be arrested. Makes sense.

I see, you're going to be full on literal with something no sane officer will do. Don't you watch Cops? It's like you don't realize that Cops legit let most people off the hoof over small beans. It's when they have to use an excuse and enforce when it becomes scummy.
edit on 4-4-2021 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join