It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Atlanta Braves.....are acting brave

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Despite what this USAtoday opinion is saying about them, I find them far from gutless or on the wrong side of history.
In fact, they are correct.
MLB has no place getting into the politics of elections. And I hope citizens who believe in the U.S. and it's Constitution vote with their pocketbooks in response to the MLB decision to take the All Star games from Georgia.
O pinion: The gutless Atlanta Braves put themselves on the wrong side of history

“This was neither our decision, nor our recommendation and we are saddened that fans will not be able to see this event in our city," the statement said. "The Braves organization will continue to stress the importance of equal voting opportunities and we had hoped our city could use this event as a platform to enhance the discussion. Our city has always been known as a uniter in divided times and we will miss the opportunity to address issues that are important to our community. Unfortunately, businesses, employees, and fans in Georgia are the victims of this decision."

And, WTF?!?!?!

Only baseball has demonstrated the proper amount of guts, and it's glorious to see.

MLB yanks All-Star Game out of Atlanta over Georgia’s new voting law

MLB moves 2021 All-Star Game out of Atlanta in response to Georgia voting restrictions

Now, we have to hope that the Atlanta Braves stand firm in their convictions and do not cave in to the cancel culture.

+13 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe
I need to go back and watch the future documentary “Idiocracy” to see what happens next in our history’s time line.

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Evidently , the MLB has joined the ranks of the Democratic Party.
They want felons , illegals , and the like to be able to vote.
We , the people of Georgia , do not.

I went to see the Braves at Fulton County Stadium .
Yes , I saw Hank hit THE home run there .
I went to see the Braves at Turner Field .
Not as much though .
I have not been to Mercedes-Benz Stadium, although I did enjoy the indoor parachuting next door.
edit on 4/3/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/3/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 06:22 PM
link   
In someways I think pulling the game is a good thing. The more they pull all this woke BS, the more people that are turning against them. MLB is getting roasted on their FB page, lots of people are saying they’re done with MLB, hasta la vista baby!

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Get the corn cobs ready as another organization acts like a government 😃

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManSizedSquirrel
I need to go back and watch the future documentary “Idiocracy” to see what happens next in our history’s time line.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 06:33 PM
link   
The truth is, we can all live without professional sports. I've never been a sports fan, but if I want to watch a sporting event, I'd much rather watch something that has no money involved. Watching kids having a good time playing softball or volleyball is a lot more fun than pro sports imo.

edit on 4/3/2021 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 06:34 PM
link   

thehill.com...
If this gains speed, a LOT of MLB teams will turn on Rob Manfred over this. MLB can't exist sans that antitrust exemption and Manfred is turning baseball into a political statement, virtue signalling machine... which means the antitrust exemption should go bye-bye per the law.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ManSizedSquirrel

Im too busy baitin,

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Well, that is good news.

Sports needs to learn they are entertainment, not politics.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 06:59 PM
link   

If baseball goes political then we're screwed.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If baseball goes political then we're screwed.

DOH! To late.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

We can't even do sports any longer.

Sports, media, entertainment is all tainted by politics.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 07:14 PM
link   

My thoughts exactly! Once entertainment turns political, it's simply propaganda. And that's a fan-killer that should be a no-no. Baseball among other sports has been hurting for fans and I'm sure Covid-19 hasn't helped and I wonder how in the world they will get fans now. I'm not a big fan of pros so it doesn't matter but it sure will to some.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I'm happy this is happening, they're actually holding the line and making good on their threats, good job GOP.

Like wuth Red States, we are starting to see some back bone again, thank god too as well.

Damn, why did it take so long to wake the hell up???

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Like they say in Atlanta . . .

Bottoms Up ❄️

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 08:08 PM
link   
They were already struggling with filling many stadiums, then with all the covid cancellations many people remembered they dont NEED sports there are other things to do, for a business this was a boneheaded decision.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Imagine the extreme pride and arrogance one must harbour to declare themselves on the “right side of history”.

Would make their fall all the more sweeter

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManSizedSquirrel

GoWayy....

.....baitin

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
I'm happy this is happening, they're actually holding the line and making good on their threats, good job GOP.

Like wuth Red States, we are starting to see some back bone again, thank god too as well.

Damn, why did it take so long to wake the hell up???

Don't count your chickens yet.

I have little faith we can pull out of this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join