It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forced, or Coerced Vaccines/Passports Are They Illegal or Legal? – US Federal Code of Regulations

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No one puts me at risk by not wearing a mask. My own body's weaknesses and frailties put me at risk. The products of nature and Nature's God put me at risk. My own choice to mix and mingle with other people puts me at risk.

Every single day and every single thing I do is a risk of something.

I will not expect others to do anything for me, and especially not put themselves in harm's way, for my benefit.

The most and the best we can do is to inform and educate ourselves to make the best decisions for ourselves to nurse and nurture and protect our own bodies and health.

And, of course, we can and should be grateful and appreciative of the many many people who voluntarily take precautions for the benefit of others, in accordance with their own needs and circumstances in the process.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

No one puts me at risk by not wearing a mask.
Good for you.

My own body's weaknesses and frailties put me at risk. The products of nature and Nature's God put me at risk.
Give me a break.

Yes, there are many risks in life. I'm a hang glider pilot. I accept the personal risk involved but I won't select a beach landing site which is occupied because it puts those people at risk, as slight as that risk might be. I wear a mask because not doing so increases the risk to others. I do not have a "right" to do that.

edit on 4/3/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

The idea that someone will put others at risk just because they don't want to wear a mask is also despicable.
True or false?

Just for the record. . . . you wore a mask prior to 2020 for all the flu seasons.

Right?

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

No, I didn't.
Because vaccinations have been around for ages and stuff like there being no recommendation to do so. I didn't give it a lot of thought.

I'll maybe put more thought into it next season, if masking requirements for COVID go away. The practices instituted for COVID seem to have had a major effect on flu transmission. Seems like social distancing and masks nearly nearly eliminated transmission. Also, more people got flu vaccinations. Awareness of something can often affect behavior, if one is not in denial.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

I am no worry about this stupidity at all, but then again I am in a free state where we are as close as life as usual as before covid, actually beside some people that choses to wear mask as is their right, everything else is normal. I still can not understand how people allow been oppressed at all.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Yes, there are many risks in life. I'm a hang glider pilot. I accept the personal risk involved but I won't select a beach landing site which is occupied because it puts those people at risk, as slight as that risk might be. I wear a mask because not doing so increases the risk to others. I do not have a "right" to do that.

No comparison. Of man... of nature.

If you choose to operate a manmade vehicle of any kind, then yes, you are responsible for the operation and consequences thereof. You can completely avoid and prevent any kind of accident by simply choosing not to take that action.

We do not have that option with a natural virus, which acts independent of us. We can minimize risk and exposure for ourselves, and in the process others. But we do not and never will have complete control. Never.

More important, every single individual -- the smallest minority -- has the right to do what is best for them and their needs and their circumstances. Including relying on our own ability to heal and nurse and nurture our bodies if we do get sick. No one has any right to demand someone else put themselves in harm's way to protect themselves.

We can always ask people nicely though. Free will is always an option. We can always offer and provide those things necessary to make it possible or preferable for minimize risk and spreading the disease. Working from home, zoom meetings and/or online classes, curbside pickup and delivery services, online shopping, We can all choose to limit our associations and other activities for the greater good. All of which will also limit risk and spread.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 08:42 PM
link   

But we do not and never will have complete control. Never.
That's right. But we sure as hell can reduce risk of bad effects. Like taking precautions when a hurricane approaches, for example.

More important, every single individual -- the smallest minority -- has the right to do what is best for them and their needs and their circumstances.
Yes. Like taking precautions when a hurricane approaches. But no one has a "right" to increase the risk of others.

Going maskless increases the risk to others because it increases the chances of transmitting the disease to them. It doesn't matter that the disease is "natural" (though some dispute that it is), that is irrelevant. Wearing a mask reduces the risk of others contracting the disease. The more people who wear masks, the lower the risk of anyone catching the disease. It's not that complicated. The more people who don't wear masks, the greater the risk to everyone. You do not have a "right" to increase risk to anyone.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 08:55 PM
link   
If a person ventures outside their house they put their self at risk.

If I had health complications I would only go outside if it was absolutely necessary. I wouldn't go accusing people who didn't want to take the vaccine or wear a mask of being selfish.

Probably because I'm not the kind of person who is into forcing other people to change their behaviour to make me feel more comfortable.
edit on 342021 by AutomateThis1 because: grammar

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 08:58 PM
link   

But no one has a "right" to increase the risk of others.

It is impossible to increase the risk to others. People are at risk because they are human, with human frailties and weaknesses and the virus is in nature. People are at risk because we live in a world with risks.

People can take actions to decrease their risk of catching it. People can take actions to decrease their risk of developing the most severe symptoms and complications.

Further, I can only decrease the risk of passing it on if I am infected and infectious. Otherwise, I can wear a mask 24/7 and it has absolutely no risk or benefit for anyone. It does, however, add risks for myself -- both if I am infected and infectious, and if I am not.

No one has the right to demand and force additional risks on anyone for their own benefit.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 09:03 PM
link   
You said yourself, "awareness of something can often effect behavior, if one is not in denial." Sounds to me like the CDC has been your Bible and that your awareness, like so many others, has been a result of sticking to the "facts" the msm has been shoving down so many throats. We get it. You're afraid and made clear you'll argue to the bitter end but your relentlessness is starting to come off more like trolling. You can not agree to disagree. You attempt to condescend and railroad any thread that goes against the narrative thats been pushed since day one.

You good sir are a Conundrum. Nobody as appealingly expert in every single subject layman has to present would so willingly agree that there is nothing fishy going on here.

I may be alone in this. But I call bullsh*t. Go to bed.
reply to: Phage

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 09:04 PM
link   

It is impossible to increase the risk to others.

Not preparing for a hurricane increases the risk of damage and/or injury.
Not wearing a mask increases the risk of infecting others.

Further, I can only decrease the risk of passing it on if I am infected and infectious.
Do you have a COVID test before you leave your house every day?

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Moelson

You're afraid

Incorrect. I know the ocean can kill me. I don't fear it but I do respect it. I respect COVID, I don't fear it.

I also know that my actions can affect others. I know that wearing a mask reduces the risk of my infecting others. I know that putting a piece of cloth on my face is a stupid thing to bitch about. The actual topic of this thread is a lot more interesting.

In regard to your personal comments about me, I know a dark place where you can put them.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
If a person ventures outside their house they put themselves at risk.

If I had health complications...

I actually do.

I would only go outside if it was absolutely necessary. I wouldn't go accusing people who didn't want to take the vaccine or wear a mask of being selfish.

Probably because I'm not the kind of person who is into forcing other people to change their behaviour to make me feel more comfortable.

Just as important, why would I even trust others with something as important as my health and life???

Especially if I'm not willing to take the necessary and proper precautions, I certainly can't expect others to even know how to do so, much less actually do it.

Like my dad used to say, if you want something done right, you've gotta do it yourself.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Like my dad used to say, if you want something done right, you've gotta do it yourself.

Did he also say "screw how it may affect other people?" Because that's what you seem to be professing.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Seems like it's just your sensibilities being offended and you putting words into people's mouths.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Not preparing for a hurricane increases the risk of damage and/or injury.

No. The hurricane is going to do what it does no matter what you do. Nothing you do increases your risk. That's all up to the hurricane.

However, taking precautions can decrease the risk of damage and/or injury.

Not wearing a mask increases the risk of infecting others.

There is only a risk of me infecting others if I am infected and infectious. I pose absolutely no risk if I am not wearing a mask if I am not infectious. And if I am infectious, then I can minimize the risk of someone catching it from me, but I do not have complete control.

And the other person's risk of being infected is dependent upon their own weaknesses and frailties.

Do you have a COVID test before you leave your house every day?

Nope. And I don't even leave my house every day! Wait. That's not true. I do leave my house (almost) every day, but I don't leave my property every day.

But it doesn't matter. I'm either infectious or not, regardless of whether I test.

And that has no bearing on the fact that no one has the right to put others at risk for their own benefit. I take my own precautions, for myself and others, and I did so long before Covid-19. I'm probably one of the absolute safest people anyone could be around, because precautions are now my routine. And no one had to force me or demand anything of me.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Nothing you do increases your risk. That's all up to the hurricane.

Let's say I do nothing and the risk of damage is 80%. Let's say I board up everything and the risk is damage is 50%. Doing nothing results in an increased risk over doing something. Not wearing a mask results in an increased risk over not wearing a mask.

But it doesn't matter. I'm either infectious or not, regardless of whether I test.
And you don't know if you are or not. So wearing a mask is the only way to know that you are not putting others at increased risk (in comparison to not wearing a mask). You are gambling that you are not infected and it is others who must accept the results of that gamble. You don't have a "right" to do that.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Did he also say "screw how it may affect other people?"

Of course not.

Because that's what you seem to be professing.

You assumed too much too soon!

I very clearly stated that people can take their own precautions. I very clearly stated that we can ask nicely and people can use their own free will to choose to take precautions for others. I very clearly stated that as a society we can encourage and provide what is necessary for people to take appropriate precautions that work with everyone's needs, circumstances and conditions.

At no time did I say "screw how it may affect other people."

If anyone is saying that, it's you. I've offered other options, all of which serve the same purpose without demanding or forcing actions that put others in harm's way.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 09:35 PM
link   

If a person is infectious...even while wearing a mask, they can still infect others.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 09:37 PM
link   

At no time did I say "screw how it may affect other people."

Ok. You are reluctant to reduce risk to them by wearing a mask. Better?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join