It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evacuations in Florida as Wastewater Reservoir, Collapse imminent warn officials

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Additions to follow

estimated 700 million gallons could end up in Tampa Bay, trying to drain enough and release pressure could take 10-12 days to drain

Residents evacuated, US-41 closed, state of emergency declared as water continues flowing from Piney Point

www.fox35orlando.com...

PALMETTO, Fla. - Manatee County public safety officials have ordered a complete evacuation of the Piney Point reservoir site and surrounding areas due to the further collapse of the phosphogypsum stack.

People within a half a mile radius of the site were asked to evacuate at 11:01 a.m. on Saturday. Officials say the stack collapsed further despite overnight efforts from state and local crews.

The Florida Highway Patrol also closed US 41 at 113th Street East in Manatee County and College Avenue due to concerns regarding the Piney Point Phosphogypsum stack and wastewater overflow.

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis issued a state of emergency for Manatee County Saturday afternoon due to a possible breach of mixed saltwater from the south reservoir at the Piney Point facility. DeSantis said he issued the order to ensure resources are allocated for necessary response & recovery.

edit on 3-4-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Here is a link to a live coverage stream ..
www.youtube.com...
This is terrible for the surrounding areas and the bay...
The phosphorus is big business in the area.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Is this the same water company that got their computer hacked back before the Superbowl. Someone got in and adjusted the lye output and another employee saw it and stopped it.

edit on 3-4-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Is this the same water company that got their computer hacked back before the Superbowl. Someone got in and adjusted the lye output and another employee saw it and stopped it.

Don't think so this is a deactivated pond since 2009 I believe.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Ok thanks

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx
www.youtube.com...

LOL was watching it on Agenda Free.
Yes, it is, know the area somewhat used to travel around there for business.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

www.youtube.com...

Great minds think a like sir!!

I cant believe they have let this waste water that have traces of uranium in it
sit their for over 20 years?

I am all for capitalism and free markets but these Phosphorus (used in creating fertilizer) companies
are always having problems or leaking waste water into the florida aquafer!!
This happened a few years ago www.theguardian.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

What free market?

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

www.youtube.com...

Great minds think a like sir!!

I cant believe they have let this waste water that have traces of uranium in it
sit their for over 20 years?

I am all for capitalism and free markets but these Phosphorus (used in creating fertilizer) companies
are always having problems or leaking waste water into the florida aquafer!!
This happened a few years ago www.theguardian.com...

Yep there are supposedly ponds like this all over Florida

Just heard on Agenda Free the adjacent pond on the site though it's not any threat to rupture has 400 million gallons, and they said absolutely nothing lives in it because it's so toxic.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Lol at the reporter's comment
Is just "plant water"
As in toxic chemical industrial "plant" water

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Good catch, I was living there when that one happened.
The whole state "floats" over a massive aquifer separated by easily dissolved limestone.
I miss that crazy state.
A few days after the guy's bedroom was swallowed up by a sinkhole, there was a song made on the radio.
"I got sucked up, in a sinkhole, something, something yolo!" To the Jitterbug song. I thought man..too soon! Too soon!
Man I need to find that again.
Lol...yes...
sinkhole song
edit on 4 by Mandroid7 because: Aded

edit on 4 by Mandroid7 because: Added2

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 05:57 PM
link   
When I first saw this thread, I was thinking a stinky mess for a month or two. Then found out it is a chemical waste pond, that could take many years for the cleanup and the environment to recover.

If the reporters misunderstanding of "plant water" was not so tragic, it would be funny.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
When I first saw this thread, I was thinking a stinky mess for a month or two. Then found out it is a chemical waste pond, that could take many years for the cleanup and the environment to recover.

If the reporters misunderstanding of "plant water" was not so tragic, it would be funny.

Cleanup??

No they are just going to re-route it and dump it in the ocean..

how clever.......

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

We'll have to see the effects it has on algae in the bay.
The bay already has terrible circulation, so the red algae blooms get pretty bad.
They are basically pumping fertilizer into the bay, so it could get nasty.
The bad circulation and rivers that dump nitrogen into the bay cause bloom issues in normal circumstances.
I'm not sure the significance or effects on algae from phosphorus.
It's more of a flowering chemical than nitrogen.

edit on 4 by Mandroid7 because: Corr

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
a reply to: beyondknowledge

We'll have to see the effects it has on algae in the bay.
The bay already has terrible circulation, so the red algae blooms get pretty bad.
They are basically pumping fertilizer into the bay, so it could get nasty.
The bad circulation and rivers that dump nitrogen into the bay cause bloom issues in normal circumstances.
I'm not sure the significance or effects on algae from phosphorus.
It's more of a flowering chemical than nitrogen.

I'm very familiar with the county itself (lived in it once) and know as well as anyone else that the ponds are more or less byproduct sludge ponds. Yes, kid, it's "plant water" all right, but not the flora kind. I wanted to slap him upside the head Italian-granny style for the naivete, lol.

If you REALLY want to freak people out, tell them to look up Tallevast & the TCE contamination. It's right down the road from Piney Point a ways, they'll #, lol.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 06:54 PM
link   
OK, I was being too optimistic. I would think someone would want to clean it up rather than let more chemicals run off into the bay every time it rains.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Thanks, I will look it up. Yeah, I lived in Tampa for 7 years. Watching the algae bloom stuff was crazy.
The water situation in Florida is crazy all together. One of my first threads here was about the not so Clearwater's water supply.It was a PSA on some kind of radioactive particle that was well above EPA limits.
To top it all off, I had consistant 500 dollar water bills on water that reeked of raw sewage.

edit on 4 by Mandroid7 because: Sp

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Too many people escaped urban hell by going to Florida, and ended up duplicating what they thought they escaped from.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Every time I hear or read the word Florida? I think to myself, if the zombie apocalypse center were to happen anywhere on earth? It would happen in Florida. There is a good mix of people to zombiefie, and the only thing between the outbreak expanding outward from Florida of zombies would be?

All the redneck states they got surrounding the state. So rednecks would be between the hordes of zombies? And the rest of the world. I cant wait to hear what other wacky thing has been happening in Florida. As long as its under 5minutes long of a video or read. Past 5 minutes, I loose interest as there are other things to do and see.

One can only hope that this is the beginning stages of the zombie apocalypse. But? Its probably not. Its just a lot of peoples shi# in the water. But since the whole state stinks? I mean technically? Who would notice a difference in the great land of Florida.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 08:28 AM
link   

We have 1,000's of those around the country sitting. Still....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join