It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sir Alan Duncan Opens a Tory Can of Worms , Boris Johnson an "embarrassing buffoon"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Alan Duncan spent 27 years as a Tory MP and served as Johnson's deputy when he was a piss poor foreign secretary , in his memoirs of his time in government Duncan takes aim at his former colleagues and spares no punches ... lovely !

He calls Boris Johnson a "clown" and an "embarrassing buffoon" who when foreign secretary asked Duncan "Why don't they take me seriously?" , to which Duncan's response was "Look in the ****ing mirror!"

Other tasty morsels are as follows...

He claims the late Sir Anthony King of Essex University had called an unnamed politician who studied there as having been "abysmal beyond measure" as a student.

"The press named John Bercow, but it was in fact Priti Patel," says Sir Alan.

Theresa May is described as "a frightened rabbit, a cardboard cut-out", while Cabinet Office minister Michael Gove is called a "whacky weirdo".

David Cameron is "too glib", Labour's Emily Thornberry a "graceless frump", and former defence minister Tobias Ellwood a "childish twit".

But the harshest criticism is reserved for Mr Johnson. Sir Alan accuses him of "blatant self-serving ambition" and claims he knew none of the details on Brexit.

He had a "self-deluding mock-romantic passion", Sir Alan writes, and is a "shameless clot" and an "international stain on our reputation".

Sir Alan claims that while publicly supporting Mrs May, Mr Johnson privately "despised" her and was "only right behind her so as to push her off a cliff".
news.sky.com...

Personally I think Alan Duncan was pretty piss poor MP himself but am happy to see him throw a grenade at his festering Tory brethren.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex
As amusing as it is, why is it these things never emerge until these people are writing books after the fact?
I'd have far more respect for him if he'd said or done something about it when he was in a position to cause some change.
Seems cowardly to keep quiet all that time then spill the beans from a safe distance.
I'd say he was very much part of the problem.

Cheers for posting anyway.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

As amusing as it is, why is it these things never emerge until these people are writing books after the fact?

Because they are free to do so when they've left office , to do so in office would be basically tendering your resignation.

I'm happy to take amusing revelations after the fact , they just support my existing beliefs.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 08:48 AM
link   
In other words, he's one of those who are politcally hostile to Boris.
Didn't we know that already?

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

So you disagree that Johnson is a "clown" and "buffoon" , May was a "a cardboard cut-out" and Michael Gove is a "whacky weirdo" ?

From my experience of those singled out his summation hits the mark , especially Gove.

And that's the man tasked with putting forward the case for vaccine passports.

This is a government of over-privileged idiots , we will count the cost of their idiocy in the years to come , Duncan's words have a ring of truth to my ears , I'd like to hear his thoughts on the ridiculous Gavin Williamson too.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 09:16 AM
link   

It's about all we can expect when the public are so illiterate that they vote for Bullingdon boy after Bullingdon boy twit, the Tory's despite there false claims otherwise are not and never have been a party of the people of great Britain, they are rather and have always been a party whose sole interest is in the well being of the minority at the very top of the heap.

In the old day's when the wellbeing of that minority aligned nicely with that of the nation as a whole they have been a beneficial if NEVER a good party, at such times patriots were in charge but today Boris is beholding to such internationalists as the ultra right wing Australian newspaper magnate and major Tory party backer (or should be say part owner) Rupert Murdoch a man whom among other things has pushed privately for the privatisation of the BBC since it is a competitor for his Sky brand (Despite the BBC being in most peoples eye's an often overtly right wing institution the right wing in politics regard them as a left wing institution which is rather odd unless they have an ulterior motive, most of those calling for the BBC to be sold off are right wingers and the cut's by the government that led to a BBC now ran by a right wing head put there by Cameron's government have all eroded it's public trust as has it's right wing news presenters including the now employed by Murdoch "Andrew Neil ***" whom has always done his best to public assassinate any Labour MP's or leaders he could get into an interview while going somewhat easier on any Tory party members (unless they were out of favour or due for a cabinet reshuffle removal - somewhat proving that the BBC is NOT left wing at all but rather more right wing these day's).

To be fair though Boris has so far been more humane than Cameron ever was, I can not hate the man and his tomfoolery is somewhat endearing even if I hate his party and it's politics.

en.wikipedia.org...

Though Mr Neil did berate the Tory's for not doing an interview with him,
www.politico.eu...

edit on 3-4-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Robert Neil?
Sounds from your description that you may have meant Andrew Neil.
Not trying to be a Dickleburgh, just checking.

(I'm leaving that spellchecker mishap there because it's funnier than what I intended
:lol

I see you corrected it. Cheers. Still leaving my post because I like my new found spellchecker alternative.
edit on 342021 by Tulpa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

That is exactly whom I meant, it was a slip of the tongue or should I say keyboard, I often do that, mis-place names while I stick to my point I have my flaws but don't we all.

You will have to forgive me, anyone that knows my comment's knows that I make a hell of a lot of cock up's.

(probably why I can't hate old Boris even if he is both a Bullingdon boy and a Tory and I don't think he is bad all the way through though he is definitely no saint).
edit on 3-4-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 10:23 AM
link   
One of the more depressing things about watching Boris from this side of the pond is just how much he and his party have #ed over the citizens of the UK with heavy authoritarianism with uncharacteristically little results for authoritarians.

A historic victory squandered on authoritarian nonsense.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Can anyone deny that our political system and the people that infest it are no longer fit for purpose?

Full system reboot required.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Here here!

Watching debates has become unbearable now, the parties are all in agreement and it's not in our interests, watching people paid upwards of 70k splitting hairs is just depressing.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex I'd like to hear his thoughts on the ridiculous Gavin Williamson too.

I’d like to hear that too. Gavin ‘spider man’ Williamson is for my money the dimmest fallguy of the bunch.

Seems to me that Boris’ egomaniacal need to be the smartest person around his cabinet table has led to him really plumbing the depths for the dumbest folk in the party. Only by having the like likes of Williamson, Hancock, Patel, Raab, Jenrick and Gove present to question his ludicrous decisions can he guarantee always getting his ineptly dangerous way.

Add to their idiocy this gang’s utter venality, which is surely beyond doubt after the endless contracts-for-chums scandals and it’s more a cabal, than a cabinet.

No matter the axe to grind, I’m very much inclined to believe Duncan’s accounts of Boris as not so much a Blofeld, as a Dr Evil.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
One of the more depressing things about watching Boris from this side of the pond is just how much he and his party have #ed over the citizens of the UK with heavy authoritarianism with uncharacteristically little results for authoritarians.

Depends what results were desired. The unnecessary post Xmas third Covid wave certainly made Brexit a quickly forgotten byline, with any economical consequences lost among the the catastrophic mess of lockdown.

Did Boris tell the nation to go out and shop for England - go out to restaurants and eat for England - surely causing the 3rd wave to have the biggest death toll of them all because he’s an idiot, a baboon? Or because after his scientific advisors coming out against these ideas saw that they may provide a convenient distraction form the looming Brexit on Jan 1st?

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Can anyone deny that our political system and the people that infest it are no longer fit for purpose?

Full system reboot required.

Weren’t we offered a full system reboot by Corbyn?

Unfortunately the voters fell for the corporate media assassination, the only true purpose of which was to stop a threat to their profit margins made on the backs of us surfs.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

That, a character assassinating media campaign against him and his own statement that he would NEVER use our nuclear deterrent rendering it pointless that we even have one if he became prime minister all conspired to destroy his chance of electoral victory, also if he had a chance which in the end he did not then the powers behind the scenes they would have found some way to rig it.

He was far from perfect but still a damned good man, a far better man than the sitting prime minister but was he cut out for the role, now as a peace time prime minister I believe he WAS but we are actually not in peace time as we have soldiers in conflict zones around the world even if we do not regard ourselves as on a war footing.

Other than his mistakes his other policy's were bang on the mark, building homes, ending homelessness and poverty in the nation, renationalizing assets (the Tory's sold to THEMSELVES in a period of the largest embezzlement this nation has ever seen) in order to provide cheap and regulated energy, water (the water board no more flooding and restoration of all those pumping stations the bloody tory privatisation caused to be closed down) and other essentials, restoring our state security essential industry's to government control and providing SUBSIDY to employers to protect them and the job's they provide through economically difficult times, it worked perfectly well for 30+ years until Thatcher (and the Soviet backed communist infiltrator instigated strikes of the 70's played a very big part in this as they were NEVER our nations friends) and her successors in both the Tory's and NEW LABOUR (Which was NEVER Labour but the Thatcherite cult of Blair) destroyed it.

Basically other than his defence policy he was correct, the problem was that he was going to take it back out of the control of the Oligarchy and of course they control everything even our state security apparatus behind closed doors just as the Tory's directly work for them NOT the public of the UK, fine when they have an enlightened self interest approach but often the Tory's as in Cameron and May's period of control did not have an enlightened self interest approach at all but only a self interest approach and that is all they had (compared to those prick's Boris is a breath of fresh air but still not what we need and he has failed us in this pandemic very badly indeed, then again Corbyn's approach may have not been any good either since it goes against both there ideology's Corbyn as a man of the people and believer in TRUE democracy and Boris as a believer pure capitalism and his reticence to act when the crisis began that then allowed the disease to gain a full foothold in our nation.

Remember also that Corbyn would have poured massive injections of cash and resources back into the NHS, recentralized it and gotten the grubby paws of the corporations back out of it so it would have been infinitely more capable of dealing with the crisis than it actually has been under old Boris.

Corbyn would also have renationalized our NHS laboratories and invested in them, there would have been non of this crap that alters your Genome probably permanently and probably with the almost certain outcome that such genetic modification will also affect the foetus in the womb causing the mothers body to reject it in many more pregnancy's than would be the case with the inevitable outcome either accidentally (that don't wash with me) or deliberately of cutting our already poor birth rate to a fraction of what it should be and with Proper experts back in charge?.
edit on 4-4-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Well said!

Corbyn would’ve been far safer hands for this crises than Boris (I don’t go for the Baffin/clown act either; I think all of his bad decisions have been calculated, ruthless policies that prioritise their donor’s assets).

Corbyn has shortcomings, but who doesn’t? Overall he would’ve moved us in a better direction for the people. Instead we have Boris marginalising that hardworking, enslaved majority ever more, using the pandemic as a vehicle to deliver a socially controlled society to his masters.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Excellent summarisation of Boris and his gang.

Weren’t we offered a full system reboot by Corbyn?

Not really.
Just more out-dated and unfit-for-purpose party politics where the pursuit of a political ideology and the maintenance of a political system is far more important than the wishes and best interests of the majority of British people.
Corbyn's vision abandoned and ignored Labour's traditional core vote in favour of woke politics and every special interest group.
His message may have resonated with the academic intelligentsia and middle class social justice warriors but it alienated vast swathes of people in northern council estates and other traditional working class areas.
His arrogance and casual dismissal of their cares and concerns is typical of the political class in this country.

Boris has tried to distance himself from this sort of attitude with the predictable soundbites and spin yet his actions prove he is just as morally corrupt as his predecessors and is continuing with the programme of demonising the most needy and vulnerable in this country whilst increasing the ever widening gap between the have's and have not's.

His administration should be put under intense scrutiny something Starmer and MSM seem to be failing miserably at.
I wonder why?

A great subject to discuss in another thread but to do so here would only serve to distract away from Boris Johnson's failings and nefarious dealings.

Unfortunately the voters fell for the corporate media assassination, the only true purpose of which was to stop a threat to their profit margins made on the backs of us surfs.

I think there's probably an element of truth in that but Corbyn didn't help himself.

We need to rid ourselves of the party politics that promotes adherence to the party line and maintains the status quo over the wishes and well being of this nation and its people.
And we need to prevent the self-promoting and self-aggrandising egotists from getting anywhere near high office.

I could go on but it will just turn into even more of a rant and tirade than it already is.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   

His message may have resonated with the academic intelligentsia and middle class social justice warriors but it alienated vast swathes of people in northern council estates and other traditional working class areas.
His arrogance and casual dismissal of their cares and concerns is typical of the political class in this country.

Being originally from a southern council estate I can only see those downtrodden in the north who voted for Boris has having cut off their nose to spite their face. With the choice we all had, wanting a perfect Labour Party was a luxury we didn’t have. Sure, Corbyn’s weakness was his woke sensibilities - easy to manipulate by those with an ultra woke agenda. But the alternative was plainly an ultra capitalistic, corporate loving, people hating Tory party, full of over privileged gentry. Those numpties that voted for Bojo did so in spite of their own best interests and fully have themselves to blame for everything that’s transpired under this regime.

I could go on but it will just turn into even more of a rant and tirade than it already is.

Rubbish! You tirade away and I’ll enjoy reading! I just can’t believe the whole country aren’t mid tirade! But that’ll be illegal soon with Bojo’s latest Orwellian move to outlaw protest altogether.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Being originally from a southern council estate I can only see those downtrodden in the north who voted for Boris has having cut off their nose to spite their face.

I've just moved back onto the estate on which I grew up - various reasons but mainly to be close to my parents who are both in their mid-70's and are full time carers for my younger brother and for my grandson who now lives with me.
Its the best thing I've ever done, should have done it years ago.

People on these types of estates probably would have preferred Corbyn despite disliking many of his policies and his wokism but they can't stand his defence of Hamas and most importantly Sinn Fein and Irish Nationalism.
To stand on the same platform as terrorists and refuse to condemn their actions whilst at the same time criticise our own Armed Forces was unforgiveable and to be honest made Labour unelectable under him.
It was irrelevant who The Tories had as their leader as long as Corbyn was there The Conservatives were going to win.

With the choice we all had, wanting a perfect Labour Party was a luxury we didn’t have.

We had an appalling choice.
But what absolutely swung it for so many was that Corbyn simply can't be trusted with the security of this nation.

The irony is that our Armed Forces have been depleted and suffered more cuts under The Tories than they have under any Labour government.
And they continue to be stripped to the bone whilst military suppliers and private security firms etc make record profits.

Personally I could never vote for a party led by a man who supported the IRA - I know some will contest this but there really is an overwhelming amount of evidence going back to the 70's to suggest this is true.
But I couldn't bring myself to vote Tory under any circumstance - another drawback of the party political system - so I voted for an Independent candidate who was born and bred in this town.

Sure, Corbyn’s weakness was his woke sensibilities - easy to manipulate by those with an ultra woke agenda.

Labour has abandoned its core supporters in favour of every single special interest group.
Woke politics simply doesn't appeal to them.
In fact the majority absolutely hate it and everything wokism represents.

But the alternative was plainly an ultra capitalistic, corporate loving, people hating Tory party, full of over privileged gentry.

Just shows how much they despise woke Labour.
And the thing is....the majority of their leading lights come from the same privileged background and are as removed from the reality of most peoples lives as those Tories are.

The glass ceiling is as prevalent now as it ever has been.

Those numpties that voted for Bojo did so in spite of their own best interests and fully have themselves to blame for everything that’s transpired under this regime.

Nonsense.
The quality of life for a white, working class, heterosexual male would be no different whatsoever under Corbyn - or Starmer - as it is under Johnson or was under Cameron etc.
That's because no-one gives a toss about them and if anyone does speak up for them they are immediately demonised by the woke, PC Brigade and The Tories have never given one single # about them.

The obvious danger is that the extremists will step into midst and exploit the complete lack of interest being shown.

At a time when the 'working class' needs to be more united than ever they are more divided, disjointed and under-represented than I've ever known in my 55 years.

Rubbish! You tirade away and I’ll enjoy reading!

I just can’t believe the whole country aren’t mid tirade!

Because the 'dumbing down' programme has been more effective than 'they' could ever have hoped for.
But history teaches us that there will come a tipping point.

But that’ll be illegal soon with Bojo’s latest Orwellian move to outlaw protest altogether.

And people are walking head first into this Orwellian scenario......

new topics

top topics

join