It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do we deal with the many issues facing the black community?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

You may have missed the "out of context". In that story, what are you referencing?

After reading the first paragraph i determined it was far from unbiased. Not attacking the source. But im not going to read that nonsense....quote what is relevant and lets discuss.

Did you just join the internet? I mean, i've interacted with you here a long time. But i don't recall you being this bad at this.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

his attempt at #postin.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Jason79

I had a very close (African American) friend in my high school days - much like SG, very much like - brothers "under the skin". His family were "better off" than ours. We lived in the same neighborhood. He and I did everything together. We trusted one another with our lives even. In spite of his family's "standing", he would occasionally exclaim that I didn't know what it was like to be black i.e. judged for the color of one's skin. Of course he was right.

However, I was guilty of (privately) thinking that HE had to stop thinking of himself as "black". Wrong. Yes, there is a huge element of the black community continually harping on that fact i.e. self identification. But we should ask ourselves "why?" Could it be because they are constantly reminded that they are different? Even to the point of having to compensate by all of the societal outbursts that they are better than others because they have a different color of skin?

When Lincoln "freed the slaves", he freed the SOUTHERN slaves, not the NORTHERN slaves. We laud Lincoln for emancipation but it was not a 100% emancipation. It was, actually, a racially motivated political move to undermine the South's infrastructure. And it worked. IOW, black people were USED. They are still being used. The color of their skin really is not the issue, nor where their ancestors are from. They are simply the "chosen" people being used for centuries now to divide the people of the United States. Now we have the "race" card, the "vax" card, the "mask" card etc. etc. - all of which are and have divided us.

Let's face it. African Americans have had a terrible time of it in this country from day one. Talk to the NATIVE Americans to get a further glimpse of what this is like. But this does not mean they, or anybody, deserves or should receive "reparations". Hell, my ancestors are Scottish. Anyone know what happened to my "ancestors" under the British? Prima Nocta anyone? What about the Irish - in this country in the 19th century and even today in Ireland?

Ask yourself why all of the forced migrations of peoples out of their home countries into other countries is happening today? Is this really to "save" those people?? No. It is to further mix things beyond skin color e.g. religion, culture, etc.

The world is beyond the point of any sort of return to any "the way it was." What WE THE PEOPLE need to do is rid ourselves those leaders who DO NOT have our best interests at heart. We can do this by civil disobedience and banding together and stop letting "them" divide us. Compassion, humility, selflessness. We need to nurture these qualities more and more.

I apologize for the rabbit trailing and ranting. The point is this - until we STOP - on BOTH sides - making an issue of skin color, one's culture, one's whatever - we will never break free of the chains that bind us so that those in control are able to control us. Period. All of these issues divorce us from the FACT that we are all children of one God. We are all brothers and sisters "under the skin" and therefore we are indeed our brother's keeper.

'nuf said..... Thanks for reading....

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I saw a commercial yesterday. A strong black woman came on saying she can now hire other strong black woman. I asked myself why not just a strong woman. Small town living I guess we dont see everything, but just my perspective.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AnthonyMD

When Lincoln "freed the slaves", he freed the SOUTHERN slaves, not the NORTHERN slaves.
Incorrect. The Emancipation Proclamation freed all slaves.

That on the first day of January in the year of our Lord, one thousand eight hundred and sixty-three, all persons held as slaves within any State, or designated part of a State, the people whereof shall then be in rebellion against the United States shall be then, thenceforward, and forever free;

The only "northern" slave states at the time were Maryland and Delaware. Neither left the Union.

edit on 4/3/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I'm addressing over 100 years of racist policy STILL in effect today. Those policies can't be described in any other way and constitute what can only be described as systemic racism.

If it's all about racist policy how is it that Asians have risen above it?

How have Nigerian Americans risen above it?

edit on 3-4-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Choices.

You didn't read that entire post did you?

Of course not. Why would you do me that courtesy when misrepresenting my views is so much easier?

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthJava

Colorblindness” hasn’t been given fighting chance. It is even claimed that to espouse the view is racist. Utter nonsense.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   
How about having all of society live by the same set of rules. If you things are bad now it's only going to get worse. No $$ bail, handing out covid $$ to black businesses only, prosecutors letting criminals walk over and over again, critical race theory training at work saying black people shouldn't be expected to perform at the same level as white people because it takes so much effort just to survive that they should just be expected to underperform. At the same time you have inner cities where the economy is based on crime. I guess you can't blame them, there's nothing else there to do. But with criminals being the superstars of the neighborhood how could they possibly have good relationships with the police. They need incentives to work hard and get out of that, not more enablement by the left.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Id say for starters, the groups you mention will go down and get an ID without much issue. It seems that non Nigerian black people are just not capable of it.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Yes, it could well be easier for a naturalized citizen to prove citizenship than for someone who was born here. They have naturalization documentation readily available. If they don't, it would be a problem. Just like someone not having a birth certificate readily available.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 02:21 PM
link   

The notion that people with a certain shade of skin cannot get ID reeks of essentialism and white supremacy. On the one hand, it's untrue, on the other, it's racist. Here's a great video:

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

And, again....the theory is that black people, for some reason, are particularly troubled with this. And the solution: to not require anyone to use ID.

Phage, im sorry...but its asinine. You do not nerf the entire world to accomodate a few dim bulbs. If fact, i'd suggest that the massive efforts undertaken to get ballots harvested should be put into getting people hooked up with valid ID's. Help them do more than just vote...give them the documents needed to get a job too. Particpate actively in society. That kind of stuff. They have 4 years at this point to figure it out.
edit on 4/3/2021 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: CitizenZero

The notion that people with a certain shade of skin cannot get ID

That's not the argument. The argument is that there are a number of people who would have difficulty proving citizenship. It turns out that a large proportion of those people are in lower income groups. And blacks are over-represented there. So, many are affected, but blacks are most affected.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CitizenZero

The political left in America has mastered the notion of "you people" without actually saying it out loud.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

No, you don't just give up and say screw it. There isn't a country on earth that doesn't protect its labor markets with immigration laws. Except, apparently, the US. Hell, i couldn't even get through the border into canada to provide training to coworkers at a site up there. We had to have them fly down, get trained here, then fly back up to train their peers. Because Canada is fanatical about protecting its labor market. That is the kind of thing an effective government does to prevent starving masses and whatnot.

Funny you mentioned this. We had one of our Aussie employees come to the US and were stopped in Canada. They were coming to do some training and they said they were coming to work since they would be paid for the training. They had the wrong VISA for "work" and were sent back even when we tried to tell them its work but they are coming here to train...lol

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: YouSir

Sure.

Cannabis prohibition was started for an explicit racist purpose, to criminalize being Mexican.

At the turn of the 20th century, cannabis—as it was then commonly known in the United States—was a little-used drug among Americans. With the start of the Mexican Revolution in 1910, however, many Mexicans began moving to the United States, and they brought with them the tradition of smoking marihuana. Amid a growing fear of Mexican immigrants, hysterical claims about the drug began to circulate, such as allegations that it caused a “lust for blood.” In addition, the term cannabis was largely replaced by the Anglicized marijuana, which some speculated was done to promote the foreignness of the drug and thus stoke xenophobia. Around this time many states began passing laws to ban pot.

Link

The “War on Drugs” itself was a racist act so the government would have a way to arrest and jail the anti-war left and black people.

From Nixon adviser John Erlichman:

"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news."

"Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did,"

Link

Those two, especially the lie that is the war on drugs led to a lot of the inequality we’re seeing today. Militarized police, cartels, cartel violence, inner city neighborhoods being treated more like occupied enemy territory than places where Americans live. The inequality that is the justice system. Private prisons, the 13th amendment which allows people to be worked as slaves if they’re imprisoned for drug offenses. On and on..

Gun control. The Mulford act. The very first gun control laws were by Republicans who were terrified of black people owning guns in California when the black panthers took up arms to protect their communities from racist police.

The Mulford Act was a 1967 California bill that repealed a law allowing public carrying of loaded firearms. Named after Republican assemblyman Don Mulford, and signed into law by governor of California Ronald Reagan, the bill was crafted with the goal of disarming members of the Black Panther Party who were lawfully conducting armed patrols of Oakland neighborhoods, in what would later be termed copwatching.[1][2] They garnered national attention after Black Panthers members, bearing arms, marched upon the California State Capitol to protest the bill.[3][4][5]

Link

These are just a few off the top of my head. The further we go back in history, the more examples there are.

I know right? I don't know any white folk who smoke Herb. it's all them brown PPL.
If we could just get rid of the Pot, we could fix all of this. Maybe make some common sense laws against it or something.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Phage, im sorry...but its asinine. You do not nerf the entire world to accomodate a few dim bulbs.

But then the liberals want to nerf ARs because a couple of hundred or less people are mass killed every decade by them...

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That's not the argument. The argument is that there are a number of people who would have difficulty proving citizenship. It turns out that a large proportion of those people are in lower income groups. And blacks are over-represented there. So many are affected, but blacks are most affected.

Individuals have trouble getting IDs, sure, but that is simply untrue of races. We can spend countless hours dividing "lower income groups" into pseudoscientific racial categories but none of that can solve the issue at hand.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
The argument is that there are a number of people who would have difficulty proving citizenship.

Maybe difficult, but not impossible especially if we have provisions in place to help the so little few that might run into this problem. We have years between elections, how much time do they need to get it all straighten out?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join