It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do we deal with the many issues facing the black community?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

i can give an example here, the person in question is not black but his parents are from lebanon, that alone is enough to make his life more complicated in germany. he is german, born here. and the other day we had a conversation. he was very frustrated because he is looking for an apartment and his last name alone is enough to have no chance with some landlords. he told me that he has to suffer all his life, in various situations. just because he doesn't look german enough and has a muslim last name. that's a reality. the same goes for people who are dark-skinned. it's a disadvantage. why? i don't know.

the history of black people in america is one of rejection, social isolation and lack of opportunity when it comes to jobs. of course, that doesn't apply to everyone. but if you're already growing up in socially deprived circumstances, it's even harder to get out of it, even for white people. but black people have it even harder. and that's frustrating. i would be angry, too.

racism and xenophobia exist. you can find it on the internet every day and everywhere. that's the sad reality.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Excuses are easier efforts.

Time to own the words 'My Life Matters'.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 04:06 AM
link   
If everyone thought like you do.... no one would see color.

a reply to: EternalShadow

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 04:06 AM
link   

edit on 3-4-2021 by DeathSlayer because: Dbl post

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 04:07 AM
link   

edit on 3-4-2021 by DeathSlayer because: Triple post????

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 04:39 AM
link   

I'm just astounded that even after 300+ years of integration, of Americanization, there continues to be this stark difference between blacks and the rest of America. Lowest average earners, a major issue with single parent households, the highest per capita of crime, you name it. What gives??

Victim mentality instilled during childhood and relied on through life , all roads lead to racism when you need an answer for why through your own lack of effort you live in a ghetto , don't have a job and don't legally drive a nice car.

A recently released report on whether the UK is institutionally racist or not found that we are not , that was the wrong answer for anti-racism campaigners so it has been deemed a whitewash.
We're racist whether were racist or not.

The UK "no longer" has a system rigged against people from ethnic minorities, a review set up by No 10 says.

The Commission on Race and Ethnic Disparities said family structure and social class had a bigger impact than race on how people's lives turned out.

It said children from minority ethnic communities did as well or better than white pupils, but overt racism remained, particularly online.
www.bbc.co.uk...

There are racist individuals in this country but they are white , black and Asian not just white , I suspect that is the case everywhere.

"To downplay institutional racism in a pandemic where Black, Asian and ethnic minority people have died disproportionately and are now twice as likely to be unemployed is an insult," shadow women and equalities secretary Marsha de Cordova said.

Meanwhile, historian David Olusoga wrote in the Guardian that the authors "stumble, ill-prepared and overconfident, into the arena of history".

"Shockingly, the authors - perhaps unwittingly - deploy a version of an argument that was used by the slave owners themselves in defence of slavery 200 years ago: the idea that by becoming culturally British, black people were somehow beneficiaries of the system," he wrote.
news.sky.com...

edit on 3-4-2021 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Probably best not to mention the negro project and Bill Gates dad.

See 9:10

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 05:06 AM
link   

edit on 3-4-2021 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

And those particular white, black and Asians may rely on finding racism to keep the paycheck coming.

I call it "Matthew Hopkins syndrome" he was paid to finde ye wytches
and, boy, did he find 'em.
Remove the incentive to constantly be searching for a new source of a problem and that problem will, maybe, reduce itself to the core issues and not just ones that can be hammered into a shape that resembles the problem.

I'm sure there are real racists out there. Not so sure about "real" witches.
Hundreds of innocent women (and a few men) were once hanged as witches. Partially due to superstition but mainly because it was financially beneficial to have an endless source of witches.

Just want to add that this syndrome is prevalent in other areas, too. Just look at the amount of people out there who desperately NEED to be perpetually offended (on someone else's behalf) so they can use it as a weapon against those they've chosen to dislike.
edit on 342021 by Tulpa because: Addled comment....added

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 06:36 AM
link   

I know you may not like Candice but she really hits the nail right on the head on the topic of your OP here. Please give this five minute video a chance and I think you might find a new respect for her. In my opinion she is the BEST advocate for REAL black American's issues today!

edit on 4/3/2021 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Your political views are not an issue...but the party you support is.

I WANT a strong DNC. We do not have that. What we have are a bunch of race baiters.

Thats what i see.

And black people have to reject the soft bigotry of lowered expectations.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Stop pretending it’s a different community than anything else. Language like that puts up a wall between people, it’s all our community.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

racism and xenophobia exist. you can find it on the internet every day and everywhere. that's the sad reality.

And it sells. The MSM promote it. The narrative is obvious and pushed by the masses who suck up the content of the MSM.

Not long ago, we as a society had moved to a place where racism was frowned upon. Being a racist of any type just wasn't cool. Now, the Black community (I hate that title as well) is emboldened to be racist and given not only a pass, but encouraged to do it.

We have moved so far from "Judging a man by the content of his character, not the color of his skin" that we are actually will fully segregating ourselves by color. Again. As if the lessons of the past are being ignored. Or suppressed and removed. cancel culture is driving this, with the help of the left narrative. (And this shouldn't be a left vs. right thing, but is damn sure is)

We are all human, we all bleed red, and we will all die one day.

If you read my signature, and truly understand what the lesson is, the total irony of life is that on our death, we realize how insignificant our petty differences are. And it takes a life ending event to come to that epiphany.

What if we learned that sooner?

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 08:09 AM
link   
The Culture has to change. I had some really great friends that I made growing up, but there were some stark differences in how they viewed education and life priorities. “Acting white” was a popular term used against blacks by other blacks when relating to doing well in school, and talking without an accent. There were also big differences is school violence, my black friends would fight at the drop of a hat not caring about suspension or expulsion. I think that some of these cultural differences probably lead to poorer outcomes in adulthood on avg.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Jason79

...if a black student does well in school, they are ridiculed for "acting white".

As much as I hate to say it, this is very true! I've actually witnessed this on many occasions personally.

When I was in HS (a very small HS, with a very limited minority population) we had a girl who couldn't get a date to go to any of the proms or dances. Why? Because all of her ethnic community thought she "acted white" with her 4.0 GPA.

She was a valedictorian...and she was beautiful too! It was a shame.

Ummm...I’d have dated her...

But that’s just my white supremacy rearing it’s beautiful head...right...?

I personally think women of all races are beautiful...and sexually attractive...which leads to other attractions...or is co-equal of them...I also think extremely intelligent women of all races are extremely attractive... strong...self assured woman are also extremely attractive to me...

I guess I just love women...

But I’m just a toxically masculine...privileged white supremacist...no doubt trying to culturally appropriate them and subjugate them...right...?

I can’t believe that race is actually even an issue...but here we are...having this conversation...again...and again...and again...

Le sigh...

YouSir

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Again with this passive, "they need to be given" approach. At what point do we assume they are supposed to be functioning, capable adults who understand they need a thing and go out and find out how to get it like they rest of us?

If I find out I've lost my survival skills, you aren't going to look at me, poor white woman and say, "What survival skills have you been handed?" You're going to say that I should have learned how to take care of myself with various survival skills. Do you comprehend the difference there?

One the one hand, I am assumed to be a capable, functioning adult who can figure out I might need a thing and should have prepared myself in the event I would need it, and one the other hand, they are children incapable of understanding they might have to take care of their own sorry butts.

And the only thing that separates us is "black community" thinking. They whine more.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I'm with you, only on the male side of things.

Skin color and ethnicity has less to do with what I consider attractive than overall facial/bone structure. I've seen men of all races that I would call raging attractive and whom I would have dated.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Black community can't get ahead because liberal policies have created a subculture of failure within the community that excuses and justifies dysfunctional behavior to the point that it has become normalized.

The destruction of the black community began in the 60s with the Great Society programs which encouraged and subsidized single motherhood which leads too all manner of other issues. Not only that, black women bought into feminist tropes about women not needing men with further exacerbated the resulting problems.

Finally, black grifters and race hustlers have also managed to brainwash the black community into a victim mentality in which none of our present day problems are the result of our own personal failings but a mythical and racist and oppressive system. As a result, no solutions are ever presented which actually solve the problems of personal responsibility and culture, but instead result in bullsh*t prescriptions like critical race theory, restorative justice, reparations, and other solutions to address the "system" instead of an individual's personal decision making.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: MRinder

Yes. And they had survival skills which had been been handed down generation after generation after generation after generation. What skills have the urban dwellers been handed?

I think you know the answer.

Ummm...I think the answer lies in your choice of words...and you fail to grasp it...

Let me help you clarify the truth that you spoke...

The real issue lies in what has been...handed down...which is really quite a pejorative descriptor...even if it is definitive...

Blacks majoritively...(yeah...I know it’s not a word...but it should be)...have certain traditions that have indeed been...handed down...

Welfare...
Abortion...
Single parent homes...
Special status...(rioting...burning...looting is expected...encouraged...and okay)
Victim hood...
Bought mentality...(reparations)
Educational disparagement...

These are some of the traditions created by the political left in an effort to...keep...blacks...

Keep their hands out...
Keep them as a voting block...
Keep them dependent...

Another term for being kept by another...either individually...or demographically...is slavery...

The left has succeeded in it’s multi generational dream to keep the black race enslaved...

Perhaps...rather than continue to...hand down...

Rather...it’s time to...hand up...to uplift...

When self respect has been purposely degraded into hand outs posing as help...then the only cure is the systemic uplift from honest compassion...as it educates an honest and introspective respect for the one starring out of the mirror...

Reflective...honest appraisal is the only way to uplift oneself...and by extension community...

Phage...

Realizing that you were blinded by the programming...is the first step...on that long road to recovery...

Your sometimes so intelligent...yet at the same time...so profoundly ignorant...

Quite the dichotomy you sport...

YouSir
edit on 3-4-2021 by YouSir because: Too many stones...spoiled the broth...

edit on 3-4-2021 by YouSir because: Of the degree of separation...

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
There are still a lot of blacks that lived through segregation.

I was (was being the operative word) married to a black woman who was 10 years older than me. We were together for 10 years, married for 4.

When she would drink, which was every night, some of the things she would say were horribly filled with hatred towards white people and America in general.

To sum it up in a nut shell.......she hates white people and she hates America and would love to see it all burn to the ground and see white people pay a price for the way she was treated growing up. Needless to say, you can see why we are no longer married.

There is a lot of deep seated anger from blacks towards whites that will never go away.

Funny thing is, I paid for her to have a DNA test done and she learned that she is 20% white. Didn't change her mind in the least, she assumed it was from a white slave owner that raped a slave girl, and that made her even more convinced that all white people are devils and deserve to die a slow and painful death as possible.

EDIT... She is one of those women, ethnicity aside, who drinks wine every day starting at noon until bedtime, who will never understand that they are alcoholics...You know, it is just wine...not hard liquor.

Chris Rock once quipped that an old black man is the most racist person you'll ever meet. Being black myself, I can attest to this truth.

I think many white people don't understand that we are barely two generations removed from segregation. I grew up in the south in the 70s. My parents lived through Jim Crow and southern segregation. You cannot just wash away the trauma from that experience with legislation. The victims also cannot just forget and move on.

With that said, I do think there are some destructive attitudes that have been passed down that are holding back the black community. Too many in the community believe every personal failure is some how tied to racism. There are some people who literally believe there is nothing some black people can fail at that we can't some how tie back to racism.

I've often said that one of the problems is that the civil rights movement was too successful. What I mean by that is that white society at large quickly renounced racism and moved on. However, black people are still stuck with the trauma. So while white society has made great strides in creating an equal environment, it doesn't actually erase the mental trauma of that oppression.

For example, suppose a bully is kicking your azz every day at lunch. You've come to fear this person. One day, the bully walks up to you... apologizes and says he was wrong. He then wants to be friends. Odds are you are still going to be wary of this person even though he may actually have recognized he was wrong and truly wants to be your friend. There will always be an undercurrent of distrust.

This is kind of what America and blacks are going through.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join