It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do we deal with the many issues facing the black community?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Step one: Stop thinking of it as "The Black Community."

The issues the Black Community are facing are the same ones everyone one else are facing, have faced, and will continue to face. Every "community" has their success stories, their failures, things they are proud of, things they are ashamed of, continued challenges, etc.

The differences always come down to individual choices. Our individual choices are influenced by what we are taught and what we have experienced. Primarily, we all try to make decisions that benefit us as individuals. Purely genetic and perfectly understandable. Second, we try to make decisions benefiting a group of individuals we align with. Family, friends, business associates, and other individuals who share common goals.

Problems occur when individuals and/or groups do not agree with what's in their mutual best interests. It is my belief that the vast majority of those conflicts can be resolved by simply thinking ahead. "If I did this, then this could happen, and this, and then that, ..." Bad decisions are always a failure to think far enough ahead. There are literately millions of examples I could give, I'm sure everyone can come up with their own.

In chess, there's an old saying, "The winner is the person who makes the next to the last mistake."

What the "Black Community" needs to realize is that their best interests are tied to the best interests of the entire human race. What they want for themselves, they should want for everyone. All lives matter, no one should be unnecessarily killed by police. People should be judged by their merits, not their skin color. An entire race should not be condemned by the acts of individuals. That's common sense stuff. Be wary of anyone who tells you different; what is their agenda?

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 11:46 PM
link   
It has more to do with culture, than race. Race doesn't need addressing, culture does. If you're part of a culture that thrives on violence and poverty, then it's obviously that CULTURE that needs addressing (not race). Successful/rich black people are PROOF it isn't a "race" problem...
edit on 3-4-2021 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 11:47 PM
link   
THIRTY YEARS OF RESEARCH ON RACE DIFFERENCES IN COGNITIVE ABILITY

LINK

Denial of any genetic component in human variation, including between groups, is not only poor science, it is likely to be injurious both to unique individuals and to the complex structure of societies.

Why is the idea of genetic differences between individuals and at the group level off the table to discuss?

That's not racism, that's science.

More importantly, this quote from the same article..

“An ideology that tacitly appeals to biological equality as a condition for human emancipation corrupts the idea of freedom. Moreover, it encourages decent men to tremble at the prospect of‘ inconvenient’ findings that may emerge in future scientific research” (E. O.Wilson, 1978,)"

Yes, we're different, so what? That doesn't make one man less free or less deserving of freedom.

I wonder if we'll ever true embrace our differences or forever behold ourselves to the Era of Lies.
edit on 2-4-2021 by Tempter because: spacing

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

What do you think the term racism means?

It was first defined by the Oxford English Dictionary (2nd edition, 1989) as "[t]he theory that distinctive human characteristics and abilities are determined by race"

We're saying IQ or cognitive ability is dependant in part on your racial background, which fits that very definition. That's not to say you necessarily hate black people, or you feel any ill towards them Temper, but that you still believe in something racist. You could say a scientific fact is racist but that still wouldn't change that it's a fact.

edit on 3-4-2021 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

It was first defined by the Oxford English Dictionary (2nd edition, 1989) as "[t]he theory that distinctive human characteristics and abilities are determined by race"

We're saying IQ or cognitive ability is dependant in part on your racial background, which fits that very definition. That's not to say you necessarily hate black people, or you feel any ill towards them Temper, but that you still believe in something racist.

Au contraire, my friend.

I don't BELIEVE in it, it's science. It's true whether I believe in it or not.

SCIENCE IS RACIST.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

The best thing that could happen to the 'black community' is if everyone, including black people, stopped lumping them as a 'community based on their skin color.

I agree dug. They're just American to me.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 12:06 AM
link   

SCIENCE IS RACIST.

So then you agree that you are being racist, right? That doesn't mean you're automatically wrong in what you believe or what you're saying, you understand this right?

I'm just focusing on this comment you made. It seems to be a contradiction in itself:

Why can't it be racist and fact at the same time? Why can't you believe in racist stuff and be right at the same time? I press you on this because I get sick in and tired of the slippery attempts at debate from people who push these narratives. You believe your IQ or cognitive ability will depend on your race, fine, let's talk about that, let's look at the facts. Let's not try and paint roses on it. It defeats the purpose of real and honest debate.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Hollywood and the music industry.

Who is in charge of that?

Because they prop up all these degenerate caricatures as cultural icons.

Is being a gangster glamorous?

All the conditions in the poor areas are allowed to thrive.

It is by design.

Is life about bitches, blunts and Gucci?

Because that's whats being broadcasted 24/7 into the cultural psyche.

The media never misses an opportunity to tell you what you're supposed to be, who you are supposed to hate or be fearful of.

If only there was a way we could label the Hollywood and media elite so we could identify them...

And give credit where credit is due.

Or would that infringe upon their slightly above human rights?

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

Step one: Stop thinking of it as "The Black Community."

The Black Community is proud of being the Black Community...especially during the month long Black History celebration every February.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 12:15 AM
link   

SCIENCE IS RACIST.

So then you agree that you are being racist, right? That doesn't mean you're automatically wrong in what you believe or what you're saying, you understand this right?

I'm just focusing on this comment you made. It seems to be a contradiction in itself:

Why can't it be racist and fact at the same time? Why can't you believe in racist stuff and be right at the same time? I press you on this because I get sick in and tired of the slippery attempts at debate from people who push these narratives. You believe your IQ or cognitive ability will depend on your race, fine, let's talk about that, let's look at the facts. Let's not try and paint roses on it. It defeats the purpose of real and honest debate.

I guess my definition (my take) of racism is a negative thing, something that occurs either physically or mentally and always negative towards another person or group of a different race.

When I read the literal definition, I suppose it could be considered racism.

However, how long has THAT definition of racism existed?

I see three top answers:

n. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
n. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.
n. The belief that each race has distinct and intrinsic attributes.

I believe my definition is the second one.

Am I not correct?

Are we both correct?

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 12:20 AM
link   

It's true whether I believe in it or not.

There are not a small number of people who dispute the findings of both Rushton and Jensen. It's far from settled science.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 12:23 AM
link   

From your actual source:

The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

The belief that each race has distinct and intrinsic attributes.

Again, your position is that cognitive or IQ levels are racial attributes, so they fit the very definition of racism. It doesn't necessarily be 'negative'.

It's important we recognize what we're saying if there is to be any open or honest debate and, eventually, a solution. Case in point, we say it's a fact that blacks are racially inferior in the IQ department than whites and some other races. Fine, now what? What's the solution from here? If it's a problem that needs to be addressed, we should have a solution in mind no? Blacks can't be fully faulted for struggling in modern society because that's just how they were born, so what do we do with this information then Tempter? Do we go back to segregation? Do we give blacks a different education system? Do we offer extra help? We can't have a real and honest debate if one of the debaters can't define their position.

edit on 3-4-2021 by Southern Guardian because: Link

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I think the only way to wipe out racism is to stop using the words black, white, brown... just refuse to say a color and refer to everyone as human. If the world would promote that like they do alcohol there would be no more problem. But, yes I know. not gonna happen today.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

Apart from the abovementioned culprits, I would also include the alphabet agencies.

While the media creates the illusion, the drugs and guns coming into the community is very real and very profitable.

This creates the perfect environment for a psy op like black lives matter, introduced by Marxist agent provocateurs.

The battle for the black mind is real, everyone is trying to tell them who they are, what they are, and who to blame.

Imagine this manipulation is thrown by the wayside and they are left alone to decide their own cultural direction.

Imagine blues, jazz and rock n roll making a comeback in their communities.

Imagine your blue chip billionaires investing in infrastructure and education in traditional black communities.

Imagine the media broadcast an image of hope, ambition, drive and determination and celebrate the real success stories of poor people making something of themselves through hard work.

It's all a psy op at the end of the day.

The same people are making all conservatives out to be racists.

Without the division being sown, the narrative would collapse.

So I ask you again.

Who are these people manipulating our cultural psyche?

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 12:40 AM
link   

From your actual source:

The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

The belief that each race has distinct and intrinsic attributes.

Again, your position is that cognitive or IQ levels are racial attributes, so they fit the very definition of racism. It doesn't necessarily be 'negative'.

It's important we recognize what we're saying if there is to be any open or honest debate and, eventually, a solution. Case in point, we say it's a fact that blacks are racially inferior in the IQ department than whites and some other races. Fine, now what? What's the solution from here? If it's a problem that needs to be addressed, we should have a solution in mind no? Blacks can't be fully faulted for struggling in modern society because that's just how they were born, so what do we do with this information then Tempter? Do we go back to segregation? Do we give blacks a different education system? Do we offer extra help? We can't have a real and honest debate if one of the debaters can't define their position.

We all screw eachother until there are no more races?

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I will be bluntly honest. I have my own priorities in my life for what I want to accomplish and what is important to me. Fighting social battles is WAY down the list.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 01:19 AM
link   

That's the number one problem I've noticed in the most recent times...if your white, black, Asian, gay, trans, right wing, left wing, whatever #ing identity y'all choose.

Y'all are American first and foremost. You guys have your issues, your government's totally #ed, but America the people and the idea is something to strive for. And if everybody down they took a minute to remember that, maybe this # wouldn't be happening.

Because the one thing America's supposed to be awesome at, is taking people from anywhere, with any beliefs and uniting them into one people under God, with one goal, freedom for humanity.

Dunno what the # happened to that. But America needs to get back to that #...honestly for the sake of the world, because like it or not America sets the tone for the world and you guys willingly giving up your freedom means we're all #ed.
edit on 3/4/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Frederick Douglass said it best:

“ Everybody has asked the question, and they learned to ask it early of the abolitionists, “What shall we do with the Negro?” I have had but one answer from the beginning. Do nothing with us! Your doing with us has already played the mischief with us. Do nothing with us! If the apples will not remain on the tree of their own strength, if they are worm eaten at the core, if they are early ripe and disposed to fall, let them fall! I am not for tying or fastening them on the tree in any way, except by nature’s plan, and if they will not stay there, let them fall. And if the Negro cannot stand on his own legs, let him fall also. All I ask is, give him a chance to stand on his own legs! Let him alone! If you see him on his way to school, let him alone, don’t disturb him! If you see him going to the dinner table at a hotel, let him go! If you see him going to the ballot- box, let him alone, don’t disturb him! [Applause.] If you see him going into a work-shop, just let him alone,—your interference is doing him a positive injury. Gen. Banks’ “preparation” is of a piece with this attempt to prop up the Negro. Let him fall if he cannot stand alone! If the Negro cannot live by the line of eternal justice, so beautifully pictured to you in the illustration used by Mr. Phillips, the fault will not be yours, it will be his who made the Negro, and established that line for his government. [Applause.] Let him live or die by that. If you will only untie his hands, and give him a chance, I think he will live. ”

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 02:59 AM
link   
the fact is most of the black people's problems come down to racism pure and simple.

and i'm not talking about things like the klan, but racism from and among the black segment of our society. as well as racist policies and institutional racism that have been put into place over the years to help black people.

and it starts with family. first you have the seemingly nonexistent family issue. where in so many cases it has been left up to a single mother to raise, and earn money for the family. which of course results in kids not having a parent at home, because they are too busy working hard to try to provide for their families. leaving the kids to fend for themselves. which also causes crime as the kids left to their own devices want all the stuff they see that others can have, but that they can't afford. something that affects more than just black people, but poorer people of any race (like white people we tend to call trailer trash), but seems to impact the black community even more.

add onto that the generational racism passed down in families for generations. where kids are taught from an early age how "the white man is keeping them down". and how they can never get anywhere, even if they try. so from an early age that racism is grown and nurtured, creating strong bonds of racial hate.

then we have the educational racism. as mentioned kids who try to succeed are harassed and bullied for "trying to be white". since education is seen as "for the white man", and not needed. which of course keeps all but the strongest from succeeding through racist peer pressure.

and of course good intentioned people have tried to fix the poor education, by sticking a band-aid on an arterial bleed. of course making things worse. instead of trying to deal with the racial issues causing poor education, they instead took the easy way and decided that institutional racism was the way to go. instead of working to fix the issues with education, they instead just put into p lace racist policies where black people have lower standards of education.

and e are not just talking about the silly system of racially adjusting scores, for people wanting higher education. where depending on r ace, you have points added or subtracted to gain entry, to supposedly equalize the playing field so that far more black people can get a higher education.

but also includes even in grade schools grades being given out, based on race. where a "white person", has to do much better work than a "black person", to get the same grade. a friend who had to deal with this even commented that even in group projects, the black kids in the group would get higher marks then the white kids in the group, on the SAME group project.

now not only do things like this cause general racism against black people for not having to work so hard to succeeded. but also makes it harder for a black person to succeed in life. first off it teaches black people that they don't have to work so hard, because they should just be given everything, such as raises and promotions because of their skin color (sadly something that institutionalized racism supports and gives many of them). but it also hurts those that want to, and try to actually succeed on merit.

black people keep saying they feel they have to work so much harder than others to succeed, because of racism. and they are right about that, but not how they think it works. it's not because people think they are inferior as such. but instead knowing the racist policies in place in education, are left to wonder if that person actually EARNED their grades, equally with everyone else. knowing that racist policies affect grades, is that "white person", who only got a B, in school actually better than that black person who got an A?

so the first thing that needs to be done to try to fix the problems many black people face, is to actually get rid of all those racist policies put into place to help black people. especially in education. make it all about merit and not race. grade everyone the exact same. and make things like entry to higher education based purely on the person, and grades they actually earned. actually level the playing field. once that is done, people could be assured that that black person is actually more qualified than those of other races, with lower scores.

an d the same goes for the workplace. they need to get rid of all the institutional racism, and actually promote and hire people on merit. and not racism, because they need to be looking like they are diverse.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Are black people any more responsible for the actions of each other than white people or any other race? Why is that chosen as the seperation/group rather than gender or grouping people based on what their favourite cereal is?

The US seems to use it as a divide IMO while in the UK social and economic status, religion/culture are the main divides and 'glass ceilings' in society.

They're certainly areas worth analysing and shouldn't be banned from discussion on automatic accusations of racism but 'black ghettos' seem to face the exact same disadvantages and behaviours as 'white trash trailer parks' - absent father, poverty, high local crime and drug use, legal system where convinction rate is more based on how poor you are than innocence or guilt.

originally posted by: Tempter

We're saying IQ or cognitive ability is dependant in part on your racial background, which fits that very definition. That's not to say you necessarily hate black people, or you feel any ill towards them Temper, but that you still believe in something racist.

Au contraire, my friend.

SCIENCE IS RACIST.

The social sciences aren't real sciences yet - they may become sciences in the future but at the moment they just mimic scientific method and currently lack any laws. Doesn't mean they're wrong just not as developed or posses the same ammouont of rigour as traditional sciences.

IQ score isn't an accurate measure of intelligence as it only measures mathematical and linguistic thinking when there's several types of intelligence (i.e social, emotional, spacial, situational etc..). Newer tests like wearing a periscope style
goggles and trying to get a basketball in a hoop are more accurate measures of intelligence.

I score in the 145 -154 bracket (top 0.005%) on IQ which is genius level just below Nobel Prize due to specialising in maths and writing which artificially boosts my score by a huge margin - for drawing or recognising faces I'm in the medically retarded catagory of around 45 -55 IQ (bottom 0.01%) as measured in a neuro-assesment.

It's in the 120 -130 bracket using the overall measure and method used in UK neurological Traumatic Brain Injury assesment which seems far more reasonable (if a little high).
edit on 3-4-2021 by bastion because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join