It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do we deal with the many issues facing the black community?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:47 PM
link   
There are still a lot of blacks that lived through segregation.

I was (was being the operative word) married to a black woman who was 10 years older than me. We were together for 10 years, married for 4.

When she would drink, which was every night, some of the things she would say were horribly filled with hatred towards white people and America in general.

To sum it up in a nut shell.......she hates white people and she hates America and would love to see it all burn to the ground and see white people pay a price for the way she was treated growing up. Needless to say, you can see why we are no longer married.

There is a lot of deep seated anger from blacks towards whites that will never go away.

Funny thing is, I paid for her to have a DNA test done and she learned that she is 20% white. Didn't change her mind in the least, she assumed it was from a white slave owner that raped a slave girl, and that made her even more convinced that all white people are devils and deserve to die a slow and painful death as possible.

EDIT... She is one of those women, ethnicity aside, who drinks wine every day starting at noon until bedtime, who will never understand that they are alcoholics...You know, it is just wine...not hard liquor.
edit on 2-4-2021 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-4-2021 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Southern Guardian

!. We stop thinking of them as a "black community".

Stop thinking of terms in skin color.

That's racist.

I knew you'd be back!

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Maybe don’t vote for a pro-segregation KKK-friendly president like Joe biden?

That’d be a start

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Weaning is fine to a point, but let's not forget that humans lived for 1000s of years without welfare and somehow managed to figure out how to feed, clothe, and shelter themselves.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

Yes. And they had survival skills which had been been handed down generation after generation after generation after generation. What skills have the urban dwellers been handed?

I think you know the answer.

edit on 4/2/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Okay, then.....we really need to stop this divisiveness.
This country believe in equality.

From 2003:
Blacks Remain Oppressed, But Not By White Americans

It is time for liberal black leaders to stop hiding behind racism and admit that our priorities as a community have become our greatest hurdle to achieving long-term success. They must stop dismissing successful blacks, regardless of party affiliation, as exceptions in an otherwise victim-rich race. They must stop blaming white Americans for the sins of the past and set goals for the future. Most white Americans live in the 21st century; it is time more black Americans joined them.

Dane White

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
There are still a lot of blacks that lived through segregation.

I was (was being the operative word) married to a black woman who was 10 years older than me. We were together for 10 years, married for 4.

When she would drink, which was every night, some of the things she would say were horribly filled with hatred towards white people and America in general.

To sum it up in a nutshell.......she hates white people and she hates America and would love to see it all burn to the ground and see white people pay a price for the way she was treated growing up. Needless to say, you can see why we are no longer married.

There is a lot of deep seated anger from blacks towards whites that will never go away.

Funny thing is, I paid for her to have a DNA test done and she learned that she is 20% white. Didn't change her mind in the least.

Great read. Sorry to hear that she berated you so much because you are White. It's unfortunate that the Whites of today get the anger from some Blacks for what was done in the past.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:54 PM
link   

That's great. I am glad you had an easy time finding people.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Which is why first-lady Michelle Obama told her husband in disgust, at a 4th of July celebration, "All of this for a damn flag".

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

There is a similar phenomenon within parts of the Hawaiian community. Here it's called the aama crab syndrome. Crabs in a bucket will try to pull down those who try to climb out of it. I think it probably applies to any culture. Even the wealthy at times.

It really serves no one except perhaps those who have escaped.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Theoretically, they should have tons of skills since they were given 18 years of free education.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Yeah. I'm sure the public schools they attend are all wonderful and provide a plethora of life skills.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Not trying to be divisive. I even said that I think all people are equal, it's just different perspectives for reaching the same goal(s).

He's looking for answers to the reasons for the problems in Black communities. So, I listed some of the historical reasons for why i think things are the way they are now. Not trying to offend or place blame on Whites of today because Whites of today had nothing to do with these events,; especially, the ones after the Civil War but it's an effort to help find an answer. We'll never find answers by ignoring the history. Don't you agree?
edit on 2-4-2021 by lostbook because: paragraph edit

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Yeah. I'm sure the public schools they attend are all wonderful and provide a plethora of life skills.

Well if they are not being taught life skills wouldn't that be a failure of both their parents and the public education system?

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Yes.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

This will take decades to turn around, there is no overnight solution just as there is no one answer.

And you’re right, no one will bother to take those opportunities as long as we are giving them the end result first. If you feed and house people for free they are not going to want to work for it and who can blame them?

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Combination of things going on here, and they are all bad. Im 7% Sub-Saharan, and 25% Armenian. I think they are both aggressive, and I think it is genetic/ hormones, etc. Im aggressive sometimes, and have a hot temper.

Elites know all this and bait races against each other. It also appears to be related to the evil supernatural realm, and the Spirit that has been known to have this affect on humanity, is called the Antichrist spirit.

When that spirit is active, you will see people you have known your whole life behaving oddly, unexpectant, overly angry, sometimes extremely aggressive, and violent.

The people affected are not conscious of the difference in their behavior, and if they are, its for a good reason in their own mind.

Its like mass public psychosis.. We have seen this before. Remember? How about Germany? Turkey? There are many examples.

I have very bad news for us all. The public psychosis operation is just getting started. This one is world wide, with a planned outcome of population reduction, and serious control of those fortunate to still be alive after the dust settles

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Oh, I agree.
But what I see in MSM and the current administration tells another story.

Sorry if I misread your post.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 11:28 PM
link   

One more point and I will let this go. Nobody is going to gain life skills sitting on their asses at home living on welfare. You mostly get life skills by playing the game of life and you gain employable skills by doing actual work.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I agree. It takes effort. More effort for some than for others who are in different circumstances.

It's a complicated problem. No simple solutions, I don't think that just stopping welfare is a viable one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join