It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do we deal with the many issues facing the black community?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

ANY group of humans, Black or otherwise, faces dismal prospects for LIFE when raised in single parent families.
Some people maybe think it should not be.

Too bad, reality, supported by decades of research and millennia of evolution proves that humans are wired that way.
Mother and Father.

Anything else will produce suboptimal outcomes

Not a race thing

It's a human thing

Fight reality at your peril...

edit on 2-4-2021 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: EternalShadow

It's also manifest given the high rates of intracommunity crime that the "community" really isn't all that much. True neighbors wouldn't prey on neighbors.

Now at one time before the breakdown of the family, they were likely a very strong community because they had to be, but it seems less true now.

Indeed.

Which is why those individuals I mentioned above are NOT my peers. They DO NOT represent my mentality, my tastes or my choices, my people or anything to me as it pertains to ME and who I am and my values, ethics and morals.

Not to discount others morals and values, but the "code" those jokers follow is a sociopathic code.

It's not the "racism" that bothers me, it's the culture that foments it.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Lyndon Johnson and what he did with welfare was a factor in destroying the black family and culture in the U.S.
foundersbroadsheet.com...
atlantablackstar.com...
ghionjournal.com...

And as long as progressive continue to drive a wedge between races in the U.S., things will continue to deteriorate.
Culturally, socially, economically.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Stop with the welfare and entitlement and give education and opportunity. People will raise themselves up when given the tools to do so. If people are housed and fed for free they loose their ambitions to go out and do it for themselves. This leads to poverty and then crime. Without ambition the easier choice is to steal or sell drugs.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I run a manufacturing business and sometimes we hire people who don't have a track record of being successful at life.

I see the same things across different races that lead to bad outcomes. It is basically at it's root not taking responsibility for your choices.

I have made progress with some people by teaching them to own their decisions and to take ownership of problems that are of their own making or not.

It's usually me screaming something like it better be our/your problem or you/we are screwed. If it's not you/our problem to solve then we/you can't fix it.

Then I offer my support to help them work through it but I refuse to solve it for them. After a while the ones that have a chance learn that this approach works and then they start to realize this applies to personal problems as well and then you see them start to figure out life and start to succeed in every area of life.

Basically, if it's someone else's problem to solve then you are screwed because nobody gives a care about you. So eventually you hope the problem is yours because then you have control.
edit on 2-4-2021 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:29 PM
link   
This is from 2005, and things have not gotten any better.

The only good news was that the bad news was so unrelentingly bad that the usual bromides and evasions could no longer hold. Something had to shake up what amounted to an ideological paralysis, and that something came from conservatives. Three thinkers in particular—Charles Murray, Lawrence Mead, and Thomas Sowell—though they did not always write directly about the black family, effectively changed the conversation about it. First, they did not flinch from blunt language in describing the wreckage of the inner city, unafraid of the accusations of racism and victim blaming that came their way. Second, they pointed at the welfare policies of the 1960s, not racism or a lack of jobs or the legacy of slavery, as the cause of inner-city dysfunction, and in so doing they made the welfare mother the public symbol of the ghetto’s ills. (Murray in particular argued that welfare money provided a disincentive for marriage, and, while his theory may have overstated the role of economics, it’s worth noting that he was probably the first to grasp that the country was turning into a nation of separate and unequal families.) And third, they believed that the poor would have to change their behavior instead of waiting for Washington to end poverty, as liberals seemed to be saying.

The Black Family: 40 Years of Lies

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive
Stop with the welfare and entitlement and give education and opportunity. People will raise themselves up when given the tools to do so. If people are housed and fed for free they loose their ambitions to go out and do it for themselves. This leads to poverty and then crime. Without ambition the easier choice is to steal or sell drugs.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink.

You can give all the opportunity imaginable. You wouldn't believe all the programs and opportunities provided in some Section 8 communities - all manner of job training, free classes, etc. But as the poster before me explains, so long as no one thinks the problems are of their making to fix, then why should they bother to take those opportunities to improve and correct what's been going wrong?

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

How do you reverse almost 60 years of welfare, especially when the Progressives are hinting at UBI, and since the pandemic many would rather languish on unemployment than go back to work?
It seems to be those who created this welfare state want it to continue and flourish.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:34 PM
link   

In my opinion, some of the answers are built from the concept of black oppression: the attack on Black Wall Street, Cointel-Pro, Assassination of Black leaders, White Flight of the 70's which took resources from the inner cities where Blacks were, War on Drugs, etc, all were enacted as a result of fear and the desire to keep Black oppression alive. This is what I can think of off the top of my head.

Look up the Freedman's Bureau and the ensuing backlash from Whites and former White slaveowners at the time. I believe the Freedman's Bureau was developed at the end of the Civil War in an effort to train former slaves to integrate into society as citizens equal to Whites; I'm not sure if it was a part of reconstruction or not but it was around that time. The idea of White Supremacy held strong during the implementation of the Freedman's Bureau and judges; especially Southern Judges passed rulings which were unfair to blacks; I think the KKK also developed around this time as a counterweight to the Bureau and worked to keep Blacks oppressed after slavery. All this was done to keep the concept of White Supremacy over Blacks alive and well.

Unfortunately, some of this White Supremacy still exists today and I think White Supremacy is at the core of the answer to your question. I think it comes from FEAR by the White PTB that Blacks are evil and will attack Whites in some sort of revenge. Fear always leads to dangerous consequences; it's what I think motivates thinking for some Whites when dealing with Blacks. Some might still believe that Blacks are 3/5 of a human being.

No one is Superior to anyone else; it's just different perspectives in getting to the same goal, I think. Some don't wanna see it that way, however. My opinion.
edit on 2-4-2021 by lostbook because: paragraph edit

edit on 2-4-2021 by lostbook because: paragraph edit

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Seems like the consensus answer is to just stop welfare and let evolution take over?
That's the way to deal with it all? I think that would create a whole additional set of problems.

But I don't have an answer either, about how to fix something that is so broken.

edit on 4/2/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Chicago mayor Rahm Emmanuel went to the root of the matter, and got booted out of office for being so honestly brutal.

"Different moral standards, with many of those standards being lower than what a civilized society demands."

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It may be the best answer. I am of the strict belief that people want to live. As soon as they get hungry they will find a way to survive.

I have never not hired someone because of race and I have never hired someone because of their race. So I assume that is true for most people that hire people.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

As soon as they get hungry they will find a way to survive.

That can carry some rather bad implications.

So I assume that is true for most people that hire people.
Perhaps, but probably not for all.
Still there have to be jobs available.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:42 PM
link   

!. We stop thinking of them as a "black community".

Stop thinking of terms in skin color.

That's racist.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:43 PM
link   

You are right but the vast majority of people will find an honest way to support themselves. Most of the people who would chose a life of crime are already criminals because crime always pays better until you get caught.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:43 PM
link   
From what i understand American Blacks are largely urban population. American cities often have few oppertunities in terms of employment largely thanks to Globalisation and outsourcing destroying most domestic industry, while what emerged in their places is filled by imported slaves, though as i understand it the more politically correct term is “undocumented workers”.

Naturally this leads to people living on welfare or worse crime. Generationally a dependent, criminal underclass that is resentful of society at large manifests itself.

Aside from going back in time and shooting Deng Xiaoping, I think a good place to start would be vocational and job training programs in urban areas, combined with enterprise grants for small businesses. Infrastructure improvement programs to stimulate job growth. Heavy tarrifs on imported goods to promote domestic industry and tougher immigration enforcement to crack down on the 21st century corporate slave trade.

This is assuming the rampant corruption and cronyism in these areas and indeed nationally can be overcome first though. As well as deepening cultural resentment that is promoted by Media and Academia.

I fear my scheme would however be incredibly expensive and face insurmountable opposition from both small government proponents and the ruling corporate class, so good luck getting any of it through. The time travel assassination of Deng Xiaoping may be more realistic. But that’s how i’d do it.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:44 PM
link   

You are right but the vast majority of people will find an honest way to support themselves.
Eventually, probably so. But in the meantime?

So, maybe a sort of weaning rather than cold turkey might be a better approach.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:45 PM
link   

How are we supposed to rectify these issues if we don't get down to the core reasons or the cold hard truths? The truth hurts, we all that saying, but we're able to better ourselves once we address this. What gives?

The truth can only come from one place... The Black community. Some real soul searching.

Core reasons...
-broken family unit
-government dependence
-education is not a priority
-value in materialistic things vs. stability
-victim mentality
-racism against others

-real racism
-lack of opportunity at young age

I’m generalizing here, but these are things I list above are core issues.
If you look at Asians...

-strong multi generational family unit - divorce is frowned up
-anti-government dependence (slowly changing)
-education is #1 priority
-value in stability /education over materialistic things
-non-victim mentality (slowly changing)
-racism against others, power in numbers ie; doing business with only other Asians...

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Have you tried to hire anyone lately? It's a nightmare because way less people want to work then did a year and a half ago.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Have you tried to hire anyone lately?

We recently hired two apprentice masons (with no difficulty at all) and a project manager.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join