It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do we deal with the many issues facing the black community?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

History hasn't been the best to EVERY RACE... Anyone that tells you "I am not better off because of my race" is simply lying to you and shifting the blame away from them.

Agreed. Ask the Irish. They were nearly starved out of existence at one point.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: rounda

Wait. The oppressed people in your slaver colony tend to commit more crimes, statistically speaking? No #, Sherlock!

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Lets try to make logic flow here....

....critical race theory surmises that white people are the power structure. You are trying to use a shard of this theory here. You leave out the rest of the theory: that people who are not white find themselves to not be in power, and therefore will use whatever means possible to find power.

I come from a predominantly hispanic culture. I also come from a town with very few black people. In this town, the law breakers, statistically, would then need to not be black. And that is the case: the lower socioeconomic class is comprised of a fairly even mix of white and hispanic folks. Each participates in crime.

What this tells me is this: skin color is obviously not the driver of criminal behavior. Its socio economic class.

My point being...that shard you broke off to argue with only accounts for the descendants of slaves. When those folks are not present...the crime is still there, in a similar rate as otherwise.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Wait. The oppressed people in your slaver colony tend to commit more crimes, statistically speaking? No #, Sherlock!

I love how one of first societies in the world, in all of history, in which white people not only voted for, but also fought against their own countrymen, and died in some of the bloodiest battles in history -- to outlaw slavery -- is a "slaver colony."

Facts don't lie, bud.

17% of the population accounts for more VIOLENT crime than any other race in this country.

Poverty explains the need to commit petty crimes to feed oneself.

Poverty doesn't explain the need to kill people, much less to kill people of their own race at record rates.

Are black people oppressing black people by killing 2600 of themselves every year? Because that's the logical, factual, conclusion of your stupid "oppression" argument.
edit on 10-4-2021 by rounda because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I was looking at the murder rate, and the murder rate for Hispanic people only marginally higher than the murder rate for white people. Despite the poverty difference.

www.cdc.gov...

So economics certainly doesn't explain it.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Guardian, appreciate the effort at a frank discussion.

I think it's facing the same problem as low income and other factors statistically more likely to lead to criminal misconduct, that's Gang culture, Drug culture and the effort by MSM/partisans/big EDU to instill fear in these communities of law enforcement to score a few feel good points

The fact is any member of this country's raging Gang culture, it's Drug culture or otherwise is many times more likely to be taken out or even victimized by their fellow criminals or those who worship the criminals as some poor misunderstood soul instead of the wanton disregard they show for society, it's rules or it's success stories

These are stone cold criminals and they have so very many people totally fooled

Not withstanding, I share your goal of one America and appreciate your efforts here

I truly believe glorifying gangs, drugs and crime is a big part of the problem. And the army of excuse makers, too

But what about career opportunities? Or investing money in these communities? I'm all for giving people a chance to change their lives, even if it costs me a little bit of money it's worth investing in our own people pays back 10x

Effective policing and community relationships means citizens need not be afraid to turn in the criminals terrorizing our communities. That they know the full force of the law will be brought to bare and that criminals threats will not be allowed to be followed through on

But to do this we need new laws, new courts and a new CJ system. One that isn't afraid to deny bail if threats against complainants and witnesses are even slightly detected or suspected

No I don't want an authoritarian dump either of course. But it's these criminals leading us down that road faster than anything I've seen

We need to restore trust in the law and the people who enforce it. We need to be able to trust law makers to write it and we need to trust MSM to report the facts

Its why so many law makers and discredited hack MSM must go
edit on 4/13/2021 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: rounda

I love how one of first societies in the world, in all of history, in which white people not only voted for, but also fought against their own countrymen, and died in some of the bloodiest battles in history -- to outlaw slavery -- is a "slaver colony."

Facts don't lie, bud.

17% of the population accounts for more VIOLENT crime than any other race in this country.

Poverty explains the need to commit petty crimes to feed oneself.

Poverty doesn't explain the need to kill people, much less to kill people of their own race at record rates.

Are black people oppressing black people by killing 2600 of themselves every year? Because that's the logical, factual, conclusion of your stupid "oppression" argument.

Too many inconvenient facts here

Prepare for censorship in 3,2,1

(Oops, forgot this was ATS not snail SOC MED)

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

But what about career opportunities? Or investing money in these communities? I'm all for giving people a chance to change their lives, even if it costs me a little bit of money it's worth investing in our own people pays back 10x

It's not an "investment" if the people just keep the money and never pay it back nor do anything useful with it.

It's like what happens if you send food to a starving nation in Africa. The people in charge will just take it all.

Gang neighborhoods are like Medieval feudal lordships. The peasants have no reason to build any wealth because their "taxes" will always be adjusted to the level where they've got barely enough food to eat.

Effective policing and community relationships means citizens need not be afraid to turn in the criminals terrorizing our communities. That they know the full force of the law will be brought to bare and that criminals threats will not be allowed to be followed through on

But to do this we need new laws, new courts and a new CJ system. One that isn't afraid to deny bail if threats against complainants and witnesses are even slightly detected or suspected

Here I think you hit the nail on the head!

Issuing any threat of harm, especially to witnesses, or against those who call the police, needs to be considered a crime unto itself.

Saying you will harm someone if they "snitch", should be a minimum 5 years in prison. A full felony. When you state that you will do something, you are going beyond words. It shouldn't be thought of as protected free speech.

And we should add a motivation bias to all other crimes.

If it can be shown in court that the reason a crime was committed against someone was because they spoke to police or took a witness stand, a large amount of time, like 10 or 20 years should be added to the sentence. Whatever the crime was.

Nobody has the right to deny anyone else access to the police.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

Amem to that bloody

With investing money i mean things like establishing multiple parallel drug/gang task forces, going door to door in certain trouble areas looking for ANYTHING in plain sight to justify a probable cause search of persons or places, and strategically using bench warrants to search as much of a property as they can get away with during the execution of the warrant (generally same room)

Drug task force specifically, because they recruit informants from the populace and pay them very good money to help shovel all that rotten s##t out of our streets

We need drones or spyplanes overhead in problem areas 24/7, track criminals right back to their homes, show up at 2AM, tear an entire wall off and take everyone quickly. No explanation given until the interrogation begins. This will instill fear like nothing else!!

All can be done in existing legal framework

We also need privately managed defense funds for police who shoot criminals, to ensure they get the best defense known to man
edit on 4/14/2021 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I'm about half way in agreement.

However, I don't want to go the fear route. Crime is better deterred by inevitability, rather than uncertainty or fear.

I want witnesses to be unafraid to testify. Right now, if you live in one of those neighborhoods and you testify about something you saw, you're probably as good as dead.

I want to increase the penalties for witness tampering to the point where it is 1000% more frightening to get caught witness tampering than it is to simply go down for the crime they are witnessing against you for.

People can never be free if their fellow citizens are allowed to take their freedom. It's not enough for the government to let you be free. It has to also stop anyone else from enslaving you.

posted on Apr, 17 2021 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I'm about half way in agreement.

However, I don't want to go the fear route. Crime is better deterred by inevitability, rather than uncertainty or fear.

I want witnesses to be unafraid to testify. Right now, if you live in one of those neighborhoods and you testify about something you saw, you're probably as good as dead.

I want to increase the penalties for witness tampering to the point where it is 1000% more frightening to get caught witness tampering than it is to simply go down for the crime they are witnessing against you for.

People can never be free if their fellow citizens are allowed to take their freedom. It's not enough for the government to let you be free. It has to also stop anyone else from enslaving you.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 08:59 AM
link   

your stupid "oppression" argument.

It's not even my argument, stupid as I am. Pick up a book on sociology, any book?

So it's not capitalism in a dog eat dog world and you white saints are actually waging a war on drugs and terror? That's kinda surprising tho. Facts don't lie, right bud?
Aaanyhow. The real question is, can we try harder to deny the context of pretty much every violent crime we have in our societies, starting with the genocidal crap the former colonialists try hard to forget? I don't think so, no. Prove me wrong?

You're still calling people of a different color another race? That explains everything, thanks. Next?

posted on Apr, 22 2021 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CitizenZero
a reply to: TruthJava

Colorblindness” hasn’t been given fighting chance. It is even claimed that to espouse the view is racist. Utter nonsense.

Well, I am going to live my life as I always have whether it is utter nonsense or not. I treat everyone as I would want to be treated regardless of their skin color, and I promote love one another. That is all I can do, and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. Just what God thinks.

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 09:11 PM
link   

your stupid "oppression" argument.

It's not even my argument, stupid as I am. Pick up a book on sociology, any book?

So it's not capitalism in a dog eat dog world and you white saints are actually waging a war on drugs and terror? That's kinda surprising tho. Facts don't lie, right bud?
Aaanyhow. The real question is, can we try harder to deny the context of pretty much every violent crime we have in our societies, starting with the genocidal crap the former colonialists try hard to forget? I don't think so, no. Prove me wrong?

You're still calling people of a different color another race? That explains everything, thanks. Next?

I did take a couple classes in sociology. Back before they were social justice activism classes, and sociology was about studying society instead of pushing identity politics and communism.

What does capitalism have to do with black people killing other black people?

And what does the war on drugs have to do with black people killing black people?

We're speaking in the context of racism and oppression, it's not racist to acknowledge the concept of race. You'll have to do better than that, lefty.
edit on 1-5-2021 by rounda because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthJava

Well said

Love the avatar btw!

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join