It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do we deal with the many issues facing the black community?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist

originally posted by: mikell
Democrats are the problem with their total racist attitude towards blacks and trying to cover it by buying them off.

The old keep them out on my neighborhood.

Funny you would say that as the Georgia republicans are trying to reinstitute Jim Crow and minority voter suppression.

www.theguardian.com...

That's not how the blacks see it. They see the GOP as the racist party trying to limit their access to voting, Supporting below min. wage wages. And the fight by republicans to deny Blacks civil rights.

www.rollcall.com...
history.house.gov...

Interested in what you think makes this a Jim Crow law.
Also didn’t know you were the spokesman for “the blacks” as you say.

I'm not the spokesperson for anyone. Just relaying what the black guys on my crew tell me. The have lived under both the GOP and democrat administrations. I prefer to believe them rather than Qanon cultist.

The GOP needs to do more to attract minority voters. So far they aren't doing anything to attract them, like that Georgia Jim Crow BS.

www.theguardian.com...

What exactly can the GOP do to attract black voters? Trump had more outreach to the black community even more than Obama.

trump did much to heal the Wounds created by the GOP. But the perception of "Make America White Again" is still prevalent.

I think it would go a long way for the GOP to make it easier for minorities to vote rather than harder. Plenty of voting places and opportunity to vote in white neighborhoods and not many in black neighborhoods.

The GOP knows most minorities vote demb. That's why of all the Gerrymandering to make it harder for poor minorities to vote. Do you think minorities do see that? In politics perception is paramount and the perception of the GOP is that it's racist. AT least there are finally Log cabin republicans, maybe the same approach could be used.

www.americanprogress.org...

voting-rights/

How much easier does it need to be to vote? How is requiring ID suppressing the vote?

The reality is not matter what the GOP does, there are leftist agitators who will claim it isn't enough or that the GOP is still racist.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Democrats are the problem with their total racist attitude towards blacks and trying to cover it by buying them off.

Funny you would say that as the Georgia republicans are trying to reinstitute Jim Crow and minority voter suppression.

www.theguardian.com...

That's not how the blacks see it. They see the GOP as the racist party trying to limit their access to voting, Supporting below min. wage wages. And the fight by republicans to deny Blacks civil rights.

www.rollcall.com...
history.house.gov...

I'm not the spokesperson for anyone. Just relaying what the black guys on my crew tell me. The have lived under both the GOP and democrat administrations. I prefer to believe them rather than Qanon cultist.

The GOP needs to do more to attract minority voters. So far they aren't doing anything to attract them, like that Georgia Jim Crow BS.

www.theguardian.com...

What exactly can the GOP do to attract black voters? Trump had more outreach to the black community even more than Obama.

trump did much to heal the Wounds created by the GOP. But the perception of "Make America White Again" is still prevalent.

I think it would go a long way for the GOP to make it easier for minorities to vote rather than harder. Plenty of voting places and opportunity to vote in white neighborhoods and not many in black neighborhoods.

The GOP knows most minorities vote demb. That's why of all the Gerrymandering to make it harder for poor minorities to vote. Do you think minorities do see that? In politics perception is paramount and the perception of the GOP is that it's racist. AT least there are finally Log cabin republicans, maybe the same approach could be used.

voting-rights/

How much easier does it need to be to vote? How is requiring ID suppressing the vote?

The reality is not matter what the GOP does, there are leftist agitators who will claim it isn't enough or that the GOP is still racist.

The perception of GOP racism goes much deeper than the ID thing, But if the GOP would make it easier for minorities to get the ID thru the web or a voting drive might help dispel the Jim Crow perception. But do the Republicans really want minorities to get an ID.

Rest assured the democrats will use this in 22 and reap the benefits. The Republicans need to make a greater outreach to minorities if they really care.

In the local Univ. Young Republicans club...250 mostly white male kids, 6 black kids. Out of a student body of 24k. The DNC kids have a voter drive on the quad every day.

Gen Z, is the future of the GOP, so far they are failing to attract them like the democrats. Perception is everything!!

btw, I work for our local GOP as a media geek during elections. I made an offer to work as a consultant to help with the GOP brand but they hired a cute daughter of one of the members instead. Her degree is in English lit. See the problem?

edit on 5-4-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 02:27 PM
link   

www.theguardian.com...

www.rollcall.com...
history.house.gov...

www.theguardian.com...

voting-rights/

The perception of GOP racism goes much deeper than the ID thing, But if the GOP would make it easier for minorities to get the ID thru the web or a voting drive might help dispel the Jim Crow perception. But do the Republicans really want minorities to get an ID.

Rest assured the democrats will use this in 22 and reap the benefits. The Republicans need to make a greater outreach to minorities if they really care.

In the local Univ. Young Republicans club...250 mostly white male kids, 6 black kids. Out of a student body of 24k. The DNC kids have a voter drive on the quad every day.

Gen Z, is the future of the GOP, so far they are failing to attract them like the democrats. Perception is everything!!

btw, I work for our local GOP as a media geek during elections.

I agree that the GOP does a poor job of outreach such as campus / community events, etc. They need to get some folks like Shapiro, Crowder, and D'souza to speak on behalf of the GOP. HOwever, I suspect an issue is that the GOP elites are at odds with some them too.

The GOP lost the culture war. They need someone who can connect with younger people and doesn't come off as too stiff.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I have no Idea. I was being somewhat facetious. I do believe that human beings are directed by nature to be what we are. Just like every other animal born on this planet. Most of us seem to think we are above all that. A good example is the tendency we have as humans to kill each other. It seems to be part of our make up. Racism is just one way for us to justify this killing instinct we seem to have. Racism/hate seems to come from deep inside of us. Some of us can control it somewhat but in order to control something there has to be something to control. In the case of racism it would be the up welling of hate from within us towards others because of their race creed or color. All of the perceived capital vices are things that come from inside of us that we try to control. We fight wars over these things. People die over these things. I mentioned DNA to infer that these things are ingrained deep inside of each and every one of us. To me it seems that we have an almost uncontrollable desire to kill each other for whatever reason seems to justify it at any given moment. Does this come from outside influences or is it something ingrained deep inside of us? I have fought racism from within myself most of my life. Then I discovered that I was the one who had to carry all the weight of that hate. My racism/hate was hurting me as well as others around me. from that point on it has been an ongoing thing to remove that hate from within me and accept others for what they are. I was doing pretty darn good with it for a good while but something I have noticed in the last several years is that it seem to b creeping back up and getting stronger. Now days I have to fight it even harder. I think this is a concerted effort directed at all of us by unscrupulous sources as a means of stirring up the masses bringing about some chain of events that leads to anarchy or some such apocalyptic change. This just my thoughts and opinion at the moment. I am not a conspiracy theorist. I just believe in calling a spade a spade.

edit on 5-4-2021 by Diogeneser because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Former Georgia governor candidate Stacey Abrams is an embarrassment to the (educated) Black Community.

Now Regrets wanting the MLB Allstar game out of Georgia: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Diogeneser

That sounded about right! Especially the outside influence part. Maybe Robert Monroe was correct in his "loosh harvesters" theory.

This just my thoughts and opinion at the moment. I am not a conspiracy theorist. I just believe in calling a spade a spade.

And yet here you are at ATS....Qanon's alter ego!

edit on 5-4-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

History hasn't been the best to EVERY RACE... Anyone that tells you "I am not better off because of my race" is simply lying to you and shifting the blame away from them.

The areas where most blacks and other minorities have it worse is in democrat cities/states... You want to find the culprit?.... Then look at YOUR ideals, and that of your tyrannical party.

Have you ever seen white people, or any other race complaint how the northern Muslim countries in Africa attacked their ships coming to the U.S. or going to Europe and took whites and others as slaves for hundreds of years?...

For about a thousand years the Muslim people had taken over portions of Europe by force, forcing people to convert, taking white people as slaves. Those same northern Muslim countries in Africa attacked Europe for more than a thousand years, raided towns, and took whites as slaves. Yet have there been any calls to "reparations" for whites from Muslim countries?...

Anyway, why is there no call to "cancel the democrat party"? When it has been the democrat party which wanted to keep slavery alive in the U.S.?...

The democrats created the KKK, they implemented Jim Crow, They murdered not just black slaves that attempted to flee, but at one point the democrat party murdered more white Republicans whom were caught helping slaves escape...

As a matter of fact, right now there is a RACIST POTUS. A segregationist whom worked with the kkk member Senator Byrd, also a democrat, to keep schools and school buses segregated. He continues to be a RACIST POS. Yet you rewarded him with your vote...

edit on 5-4-2021 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 01:24 AM
link   
We can have a conversation about it but I'm sure this post will get lost in the pages of time.

Personally, I always believed in old school teachings of "give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. teach a man to fish, oh well...you know the thing".

Let me put it to you this way. If the post man didn't drop off our mail every day, would we know how to get our mail otherwise? If we didn't have supermarkets, would we know how to slaughter and raise our own livestock? If we couldn't turn the tap on or buy a bottle, how would we drink water? Now, I'm not equating all that with the subject, but the moral is the same in both circumstances. When we become lazy and 'accustomed', we lose focus because we take it for granted.

I believe there should be subsidized vocational training programs in the black community. If we're going to spend money on anything, the most important thing is more education and opportunity in that aspect.

Furthermore, I think suspending and ultimately bringing to an end social services should be considered, with the money redirected to education subsidization, to build schools/universities, books, computers, supplies, sports fields ect. Give the community the tools and opportunity, don't give them the fish and say get lost.

Lastly, I understand people need welfare, especially single mothers. But I'm proposing it be suspended for new applicants and a phase out of current based on dire need. I think this is an opportunity to push 'pro-religious' community just as much as we push 'anti-religious' communities. Religious or not, churches do a great service for their communities. They feed the poor via donation from the entire community with no regard to race, creed or religion. Some places even provide a place to sleep for the homeless at night, I know during the winter in NYC, a homeless person can find shelter in many churches. A large portion of the community can chip in for $1 every Sunday, and the black community are religious indeed, so there would be plenty of donation. And we stop attaching the stigma of "Why does God need my money?" Because as much as I would love to get into that argument about personal responsibility, I will digress to entertain it.

J1mmy Neutron for president, running on the Constitution Party ticket

edit on 6-4-2021 by J1mmyNeutron because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: rounda
No, absolutely true.

When was the last time you turned on the radio and heard a white person saying "white trash?"

I think that was in one of Fergie's songs.

Would former Pres. Obama call someone a ni**er? I mean his anger interpreter Luther would.

Some people label other people all the time. It's a sad truth.

You make a good point, and yeah, other races don't compare un that regard.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 09:51 AM
link   
So a week ago I was on the phone at home and someone knocked on the door but I was busy. I checked my security camera a few minutes later and saw 2 black teenagers walking away with buckets and a hose. I assumed they where looking to wash cars so I drove a street or two and found them and asked if they where washing cars. They said yes and I said come over I have 2 you can wash. They where charging a little much ($20 per car) but I appreciated their initiative.

So they wash the cars and did a good job and when I was paying them I asked how many cars had they washed and they said in 2 hours I was the first job. I gave them each their $20 and then gave them $20 more and suggested they go re invest that for better soap and supplies. We exchanged numbers and they both texted and said thank you so much.

I'm a middle age white dude and maybe if we all in our own little ways make a little effort to bridge the gap things can begin to change.

Since then I have texted them some suggestions to grow their business.

Anyway it may seem like a small gesture but I hope for those boys if they did have any issue's with white people(no idea if they did or didn't) that my gesture can help them to see there are good people of all races.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   

You just stereotyped all black people as born victims.

If you want to help race relations, you can start by stopping the stereotyping of entire races of people.

edit on 6-4-2021 by NightVision because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I hate to say this but having an open conversation about race or politics is not a good idea right now. Empathy is not a given across the political divide. In fact, modern political messaging is designed to dehumanize the other and this destroys any constructive conversation one could hope to have.

We are living in parallel universes of propaganda. No one has all the info, but literally every side is creating its own in-house conspiracy theory/mythology based on the information that it thinks it understands. At a strategic level, the designers of these myths know exactly what they are doing but on the ground it seems as if it is reality for those that are plugged into it. It is insidious but these people see themselves as the prophets (profits?) of an administered society.

The problem they are facing now is the shadow effects of their administered reality is that people can simply unplug. This is why we must have multiple reality narratives and why we seem to be speaking different languages.

I find the best way to deal with it is wait until the moral panic is over while trying to untangle the threads of reality from myth.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Reply to olaru12

Maybe Robert Monroe was correct in his "loosh harvesters" theory.
I had never heard of him. I checked him out. Interesting subject.

And yet here you are at ATS....Qanon's alter ego!
I come here mainly for thought stimulation.

edit on 6-4-2021 by Diogeneser because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-4-2021 by Diogeneser because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: J1mmyNeutron

You're assuming there isn't subsidized training available. That would be wrong. The problem is that the basic skills needed to take advantage of such a program don't exist: being able to simply show up consistently and apply oneself to the program long enough for it to make the intended difference. And those aren't lacking academic skills; those are lacking social skills. These days, they're called markers of white supremacist culture though.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 10:37 PM
link   

As of recent I've been alarmed with the recent attacks against Asian people and this almost seems to be prevalent within the black community.

Here's the rub: try to substantiate your point, you can't. Yeah. Flipping the bird on you, too, you've guessed it already.
Ask him to create an account if that still works, seems like a good guy with a nose for ignorance.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Diogeneser

The flipside to the criminalization of non-whites has been less articulated but arguably even more important: an us-vs-them dichotomy that defines whiteness as good develops from the contrast to the criminalized non-white ‘wrongdoers’. In other words, we have for so long and strongly lived in a society where we have been taught that the black man (truly extends broader to the generalized non-whites) is a criminal, we arguably see police brutality as an act of self-defense rather than a product of internalized racism.

The second effect of Neoliberalism is the amplified frustration of the working class by the reliance on the incarcerated free labor and more importantly, the move to global economies. As globalization increases, cheaper labor is found in countries where there are few regulations on production and the treatment of workers. This outsourcing of jobs decreases the available jobs in America and increases competition such that the worker is paid less and easily replaceable thereby creating a loss of job security. Combined with the influx of immigrants and poor media portrayal, the working class cannot help but feel frustrated, heightened by an impression that immigrant workers are taking the limited jobs available. This sets up the demonization of non-whites as ‘job-stealers,’ which has increased especially since the War on Drugs that fabricated the association of primarily black and brown people as criminal drug dealers (Kapoor 2011; Beirne and Messerschmidt 2011; Berlet and Vysotsky 2006). Together, these create an image of a labor force comprised of racial minorities that are stealing jobs away from the white working class and wasting the opportunity due to their perceived inherent criminal tendencies – an extremely popular misconception amongst white supremacist activists.

The Neoliberal Train for White Supremacism

Add CHAINAH and the Kung Flu to your media diet, and there you have it! Who knew, right?

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

As of recent I've been alarmed with the recent attacks against Asian people and this almost seems to be prevalent within the black community.

Here's the rub: try to substantiate your point, you can't. Yeah. Flipping the bird on you, too, you've guessed it already.
Ask him to create an account if that still works, seems like a good guy with a nose for ignorance.

Black people made up 17% of the population in 2018, committed crimes against Asians at a rate of 28%.

To contrast, whites made up 62% of the population, yet committed crimes at a rate of 24% against Asians.

Asians only make up 6% of the population and commit crimes against Asians at a rate of less than 1%.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

In San Francisco in 2008, in 85% of strong arm robberies, the victims were Asian, and the perpetrator was black.

www.sfgate.com...

If we're going to pretend cops are killing unarmed black people at record rates (there were anywhere from 9-15 unarmed blacks killed by police in 2019) because of the population disparity, why do we discount that black commit more violent crimes than any other race, and at an astounding rate, since they only make up 17% of the population?

You know, because facts.
edit on 7-4-2021 by rounda because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Former Georgia governor candidate Stacey Abrams is an embarrassment to the (educated) Black Community.

Now Regrets wanting the MLB Allstar game out of Georgia: www.foxnews.com...

Shes just realized georgia voters are going to hold her accountable. So her chances of being elected went to zero. One thing about Georgia dont mess with the braves or baseball. Locals have not been saying nice things about her her support outside the state probably increased but inside shes losing popularity.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 02:56 AM
link   

We don't. Unless you happen to belong to that community...

It's up to the community to deal with the issues. Too many of the issues are issues only because some well meaning, or maybe not so well meaning, outsider interfered where they don't belong.

The road to Hell, and all that.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: J1mmyNeutron
We can have a conversation about it but I'm sure this post will get lost in the pages of time.

Personally, I always believed in old school teachings of "give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. teach a man to fish, oh well...you know the thing".

Let me put it to you this way. If the post man didn't drop off our mail every day, would we know how to get our mail otherwise? If we didn't have supermarkets, would we know how to slaughter and raise our own livestock? If we couldn't turn the tap on or buy a bottle, how would we drink water? Now, I'm not equating all that with the subject, but the moral is the same in both circumstances. When we become lazy and 'accustomed', we lose focus because we take it for granted.

I believe there should be subsidized vocational training programs in the black community. If we're going to spend money on anything, the most important thing is more education and opportunity in that aspect.

Furthermore, I think suspending and ultimately bringing to an end social services should be considered, with the money redirected to education subsidization, to build schools/universities, books, computers, supplies, sports fields ect. Give the community the tools and opportunity, don't give them the fish and say get lost.

Lastly, I understand people need welfare, especially single mothers. But I'm proposing it be suspended for new applicants and a phase out of current based on dire need. I think this is an opportunity to push 'pro-religious' community just as much as we push 'anti-religious' communities. Religious or not, churches do a great service for their communities. They feed the poor via donation from the entire community with no regard to race, creed or religion. Some places even provide a place to sleep for the homeless at night, I know during the winter in NYC, a homeless person can find shelter in many churches. A large portion of the community can chip in for $1 every Sunday, and the black community are religious indeed, so there would be plenty of donation. And we stop attaching the stigma of "Why does God need my money?" Because as much as I would love to get into that argument about personal responsibility, I will digress to entertain it.

J1mmy Neutron for president, running on the Constitution Party ticket

What I'm seeing more and more of, is people who reach adulthood without possessing the skills to be an adult.

Frequently their parents didn't have the skills, and consequently couldn't teach them. But also "skills" is a deeper question today than it was 20 or 40 years ago.

I always keep saying we need to boost the unskilled wage, and I get it might not be better for "the economy" (whatever that is.) But what do you expect these people to do?

Identifying as a "victim" is their way to get back into childhood. (The last place where they still knew what to do.)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join