It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do we deal with the many issues facing the black community?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Racism/bigotry has nothing to do with race, color or creed. It all comes down to programming on a cellular level /DNA. As far as a solution...reprogram?

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Another thing ...

It occurs to me that you're claiming all the credit for me having the gumption to do what I did as though you held my hand and said, "It's OK, honey." How patronizing. I did what I did all on my own without your input. If anyone gets any credit for my desire to go and do what I was going to go and do, it was my debating (yes, she did pre-WWII, in high school debate in a man's suit), motorcycle-riding (a Harley with grandpa) grandmother, not you.

Not only that, but these days, we're told that if we don't see other women who have gone before us, it creates a hostile environment that we cannot tolerate and therefore those who have made achievements must have those achievements erased so that we weaker women of all races can feel less intimidates because none of us have gone before.

So much for your contributions to society. We've all become pussies, but then, that's what we get for wearing them on our head to scream at the moon because ORANGE MAN BAD got elected.

edit on 5-4-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah, Byrd. Your generation created this generation. What evidence have you seen that you guys were right about anything?

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 07:46 AM
link   
got a busy day ahead of me so only skimmed through the thread... Almost everything that they need to do they have to do themselves but here are some of my thoughts.

Family, the family unit was broken some years back without a good family unit to provide the base to build upon almost anything built will fail. (there are always exceptions)

STOP listening to the politicians that say the other side hates you for your skin color, I have worked and lived among blue caller type conservatives my entire life, the vast majority that I have dealt with don't care about how you look or even how you worship treat me and mine right ill treat you and yours right.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Democrats are the problem with their total racist attitude towards blacks and trying to cover it by buying them off.

The old keep them out on my neighborhood.

Funny you would say that as the Georgia republicans are trying to reinstitute Jim Crow and minority voter suppression.

www.theguardian.com...

That's not how the blacks see it. They see the GOP as the racist party trying to limit their access to voting, Supporting below min. wage wages. And the fight by republicans to deny Blacks civil rights.

www.rollcall.com...
history.house.gov...

edit on 5-4-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diogeneser
Racism/bigotry has nothing to do with race, color or creed. It all comes down to programming on a cellular level /DNA. As far as a solution...reprogram?

What is the process for reprograming the DNA.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

It starts by understanding the other viewpoint. Saying "there's a lot of criminals" doesn't address the real problems... like Jogging While Black.

Do you really think he was jogging even though the two idiots were in the wrong?

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Did you realize it goes both ways? The Big Black Guy is hyperalert around Whites (who may be hyperalert around him) because BBG is so often equated with "criminal" and W is often conflated with "karen" who calls the police on people having picnics and walking dogs.

If this was a chicken or egg scenario in today's world which came first? I don't know the part of Texas you live in, but where I live the neighborhoods are so mixed there isn't any real "white neighborhoods" as maybe in many past decades ago. Blacks are scared of other Blacks more than they are of Whites, Karens...

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Diogeneser

What is the process for reprograming the DNA.

Maybe they'll develop some kind of vaccine or something.

Sorry. Just couldn't resist.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Funny you would say that as the Georgia republicans are trying to reinstitute Jim Crow and minority voter suppression.

www.theguardian.com...

That's not how the blacks see it. They see the GOP as the racist party trying to limit their access to voting, Supporting below min. wage wages. And the fight by republicans to deny Blacks civil rights.

Well that is the liberal narrative they been pushing hard for about 8 years now... I'm sure if one disagrees with anything the Liberals say you are a racist, so how about AOCs new 10 trillion dollar plan, do you agree with her plan, or are you a racist too... Never know who the racist are, one week you are OK and the next you are a racist...

The liberals push this crap because it works... Liberals don't do crap for minorities and are the key players in why they are as they are today, but you know those racist Conservatives are coming after you, want to hold you down, rinse and repeat every election and in 4 years the minorities will be worst off once again, THANKS JOE and TEAM!!!

Everything is Jim Crow as a talking point, but they don't ever tell you that the Democratic party was the party of Jim Crow...You can't make this crap up if you tried...lol

RealID is in all 50 states, it is here, get it one and all...Its 2021..there isn't anyone in America who does not have the means to get it. You can get a new BC online if you have nothing else, you can get a new SS card on line... Even the homeless can get one If they have no address. They can submit a letter from any shelter, employer, non-profit, or faith-based group that vouches for them. Work with any number of places to get the documents they would need.

This is what the liberals call Jim Crow when States want to also push the RealID as proof as to who you are to vote.

edit on 5-4-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Democrats are the problem with their total racist attitude towards blacks and trying to cover it by buying them off.

www.theguardian.com...

www.rollcall.com...
history.house.gov...

Interested in what you think makes this a Jim Crow law.
Also didn’t know you were the spokesman for “the blacks” as you say.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yes, thanks to transwomen (men who are now considered women). I am now a "uterus owner" because it offends them to hear it any other way among other things, like them wanting access to women's shelters and women's sports. Everything you fought for is being taken away in the name of "women's" rights, only now it's men who are better women than we are.

So don't sit on your laurels. Your progressive ways are erasing it all.

Isn't it funny how you never hear about transmen getting upset that everyone still says only men have prostates?

You know, in all my time around trans people, I've never heard any of them talk about "uterus owners".

Let's be frank -- we can find people with very extreme extremist views who give labels to everyone... but they don't represent the reality. I think that when we talk about these things, we need to kick the less-than-1-percent to the side and talk about what the rest are doing and saying.

And to be frank again, this is diverging from the original conversation points which were "what can we do about the racial divide in the country" and my point, which was "start listening to the other side and see things that they're experiencing and then ask them about what they think should be done."

It's a basis for negotiation and understanding and better problem-solving.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Did you realize it goes both ways? The Big Black Guy is hyperalert around Whites (who may be hyperalert around him) because BBG is so often equated with "criminal" and W is often conflated with "karen" who calls the police on people having picnics and walking dogs.

If this was a chicken or egg scenario in today's world which came first? I don't know the part of Texas you live in, but where I live the neighborhoods are so mixed there isn't any real "white neighborhoods" as maybe in many past decades ago. Blacks are scared of other Blacks more than they are of Whites, Karens...

Dallas.

And I've lived in Austin. Travel to Houston as well, and spent time in Lubbock and Big Spring.

Yes, you can find mixed neighborhoods all over the state. However, this doesn't mean that there's not an over-reporting when some nonCaucasian walks down the alleyway or goes jogging in the area, etc. There's less of it than there was 40 years ago, but it hasn't gone away.

And that's part of the problem.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   

You know, in all my time around trans people, I've never heard any of them talk about "uterus owners".

Let's be frank -- we can find people with very extreme extremist views who give labels to everyone... but they don't represent the reality. I think that when we talk about these things, we need to kick the less-than-1-percent to the side and talk about what the rest are doing and saying.

And to be frank again, this is diverging from the original conversation points which were "what can we do about the racial divide in the country" and my point, which was "start listening to the other side and see things that they're experiencing and then ask them about what they think should be done."

It's a basis for negotiation and understanding and better problem-solving.

The problem is that the 1%ers push their views online while the 99%ers don't and it looks like the majority is extreme one way or the other, but that isn't reality. Something is hard to fix when many do not want it fixed, and many others do not know how to fix it...

Start small and fix one city... Don't think it would happen...
edit on 5-4-2021 by Xtrozero because: Ok I think I got my thoughts down now...

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   

And what happens in non-white areas when whites walk down the streets, go into stores or restaurants?

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Dallas.

And I've lived in Austin. Travel to Houston as well, and spent time in Lubbock and Big Spring.

Yes, you can find mixed neighborhoods all over the state. However, this doesn't mean that there's not an over-reporting when some nonCaucasian walks down the alleyway or goes jogging in the area, etc. There's less of it than there was 40 years ago, but it hasn't gone away.

And that's part of the problem.

Well it can never actually all go away... I lived in northern San Antonio for 5 years and saw none of what you might be talking about. I can tell you there are places in Dallas I would not walk down the streets period, and it has nothing to do with some old ass Karen coming out to yell at me. These cases of a Black person being in the "wrong" neighborhood is an extreme that gets posted and we see a few here and there, but we fail to remember there are 330 million people in America and a small percentage are total assclowns of one type or another.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist

www.theguardian.com...

www.rollcall.com...
history.house.gov...

I'm not the spokesperson for anyone. Just relaying what the black guys on my crew tell me. The have lived under both the GOP and democrat administrations. I prefer to believe them rather than Qanon cultist.

The GOP needs to do more to attract minority voters. So far they aren't doing anything to attract them, like that Georgia Jim Crow BS.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 12:45 PM
link   

www.theguardian.com...

www.rollcall.com...
history.house.gov...

I'm not the spokesperson for anyone. Just relaying what the black guys on my crew tell me. The have lived under both the GOP and democrat administrations. I prefer to believe them rather than Qanon cultist.

The GOP needs to do more to attract minority voters. So far they aren't doing anything to attract them, like that Georgia Jim Crow BS.

www.theguardian.com...

What exactly can the GOP do to attract black voters? Trump had more outreach to the black community even more than Obama.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

www.theguardian.com...

www.rollcall.com...
history.house.gov...

www.theguardian.com...

What exactly can the GOP do to attract black voters? Trump had more outreach to the black community even more than Obama.

trump did much to heal the Wounds created by the GOP. But the perception of "Make America White Again" is still prevalent.

I think it would go a long way for the GOP to make it easier for minorities to vote rather than harder. Plenty of voting places and opportunity to vote in white neighborhoods and not many in black neighborhoods.

The GOP knows most minorities vote demb. That's why of all the Gerrymandering to make it harder for poor minorities to vote. Do you think minorities do see that? In politics perception is paramount and the perception of the GOP is that it's racist. AT least there are finally Log cabin republicans, maybe the same approach could be used.

www.americanprogress.org...

voting-rights/

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

What about the law is Jim Crow?
You’d rather believe them than a cultist?
Why not read it yourself and think for yourself then tell me what about the law is Jim Crow. If you’re not in a cult, that is.

edit on 5-4-2021 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join