It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do we deal with the many issues facing the black community?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

It was not because licenses were being issued to "illegals" by some states.

And yet the documents you need are to establish you are an American citizen ...I'm sure the whole illegals getting official DLs had nothing to do with it... Not really a point I want to debate though...

1. Official ID
2. SS
3. Two proofs of address.

I did find an Easy Button, one click away for all the minorities lacking any ID of any kind...

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Okay, I give. I should be clear in what I mean....

By "why are 'they' not free, I mean why are - by and large - "people of color", along with "women" not treated "equal" as in, why is "color" and "sex" and "race" still so often a factor in the consciousness of those who decide "to hire or not to hire"?

Kudos to the organization that ignores "differences" of ANY SORT when deciding who is BEST for the job/position. THOSE are the organizations / companies WE should all be supporting while boycotting those that make decisions based on personal prejudices of "officers" or "boards" or simply the hiring manager etc.

I think we are on the same page here. Simply making a distinction based on ANY criteria defeats the goal of a true brotherhood of mankind.

Thanks Xtrozero, I appreciate the squeeze...

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 04:40 PM
link   

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Listen i get the concept of adverse impact and how its racism. I get it
Racism implies intent. That is not the same thing as "adverse impact."

And i'll add: there is zero chance you will leave the lower economic class if you don't have an ID to get a job and pay taxes like a normal productive citizen does.

So, maybe figuring out ways to facilitate obtaining legal ID for those who have trouble proving citizenship would be a suggestion in line with the topic?

Are you certain that black folk really aren't able to get id?

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Not really a point I want to debate though...
Imagine that.

I did find an Easy Button, one click away for all the minorities lacking any ID of any kind...
You mean that Georgia voter registration thing? Seems like a big loophole. Did you click it?

edit on 4/3/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

No. What I am saying is that all the feel good stuff will last as long as no concrete changes are made.

It's a policy issue when it comes to what my post was speaking about. What I propose is to repeal policies that were instituted ages ago for the purposes of quarantining black and minority populations. Did you read the Black Zone thread? Read that and tell me what Mayor Mahool had to say on these policies and what they would do. Then ask yourself why these policies are still on the books.

They have zoned away the potential to use their own neighborhoods for entrepreneurial endeavors. That's policy, not a lack of cultural ambassadorship. The Trump Opportunity Zones addressed some of that but I don't think it went far enough to undo these policies.

You're talking about switching places for a day. Feel-good stuff with not much in the way of results.

The other part of my argument focuses on what a individual can do to avoid the traps of poverty, reciprocal violence, drugs, and prostitution. How to make choices and why. At least as far as it applies to me. But I am a human being on planet Earth, so I figure that if it worked for me it might actually work for others.

I believe there are right and wrong answers in life and that extends to everything humans do. Government and its administration is no exception to this rule of life regardless of the numerous attempts to convince the public at large otherwise.

One of those mistakes is existing laws on the books today that harm these communities directly and unfairly. That is a wrong answer and should be changed.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 05:30 PM
link   
You can't help a group of people who, as a group, do not want to be helped, or who function at literally the level of pre-pubescent children. Black people are the most societally entitled group in this country. It has now been drilled into their heads for 4 or 5 solid generations that their ills are solely because of racism. Not the murdering each other at waffle house because of the color of the shirt that other black guy is wearing, not the pre-occupation with hedonism and pleasure seeking in the form of reckless sex (unprotected, leading to a much higher HIV and STD rate) and drug usage, not the completely random acts of vicious personal violence, apparently. There were likely lingering issues in the first or second post Civil Rights act, but nothing is out of reach of even the most mediocre contributing black person. They have to just contribute a little bit to society and everything is handed to them on a silver #ing platter (relatively speaking). Some dont even contribute and still get everything handed to them. An impoverished black person who performs academically at the level of your average impoverished White student literally has a free #ing ride to Harvard today because of literally nothing more than their race. All black parents have to do is discipline their children to focus on their education instead of gang banging, and they will guarantee their child can have a #ing degree from harvard. All they have to do is wear condoms when they # each other, and their hiv rates will plummet. Its so frustrating typing this.

You cannot lift up a people who refuse to mature beyond the level of a #ing teenager.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I'm sure the black community is grateful for a bunch of mostly white politicians to decide where, when and how long they have to wait to vote. They know it's not racially inspired.

www.businessinsider.com...

But that's what Election Day is for any of us isn't it - our politicians, via process of the Constitution, deciding where, when, and how long we *all* have to wait. Why are black people somehow special on this score? Should they not be told these things on Election Day like the rest of us?

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Just being honest here but it starts in them. Nothing anyone can do to fix it but them.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I live in south GA, been here since the 90s, to tell the truth life here is not bad, is as you most know majority blacks, I have no complains as a hispanic American minority, I have plenty of friends from both sides, yes you get bad apples everywhere, but I have not much complains.

I feel that is politics what wants to perpetuate the racial divisions because is sells when it comes to election campaigns, it seems that is now a trend going on, Democrat Politicians are playing around with the racial card and actually making life miserable for everybody that do not align with their believes.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: olaru12
I'm sure the black community is grateful for a bunch of mostly white politicians to decide where, when and how long they have to wait to vote. They know it's not racially inspired.

www.businessinsider.com...

But that's what Election Day is for any of us isn't it - our politicians, via process of the Constitution, deciding where, when, and how long we *all* have to wait. Why are black people somehow special on this score? Should they not be told these things on Election Day like the rest of us?

Except it's standard practice for the GOP to discourage minority voting as they usually vote dembs.

www.thenation.com...
www.projectvote.org...
www.theguardian.com...

I realize it's just the way the game is played but it seems to have blown up in Kemps face this time.

www.cnbc.com...

If there is anything that will prompt minorities to vote democratic it's this kind of BS.

The GOP needs to reevaluate their program to appeal to a broader sprectum of voters not just the Qanon right and if they continue to lose support of corporate America; it's lights out for the Grand ole Party!!

Jan6 scared a lot of powerful CEOs and it's going to take some time for that trauma to dissipate.

edit on 3-4-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Wow you need to stop drinking the racial juice that democrats has been passing around to actually make voting fraud legal and take the rights of the state to conduct their own elections under the state rules.

Yes, states are independent we are after all a Republic

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Maybe we can all collectively begin by not using terms like "The Black Community" any more; it presumes that an entire group of people think and share common beliefs based upon the common denominator of genetics and skin tone. Isn't that the craziest thing you've ever heard? It's like assuming that all classical music lovers think, believe, and vote the same.

What about the White Community? Are they all little cookie-cutters also? No?? Why or why not?

What about this. What about people focus on being Americans first, and focus on equality in the eyes of the law, regardless of the demographic to which they belong?

"What does the Caucasian community think of this bill?" said no reporter or media talking head ever.

I think this great divide has been artificially augmented -- at least in the U.S. -- by politicians who seek to control the country. If we're working together, these evil political bastards are weakened, so they must ramp up the divide at all costs; now more than ever, people are being forced to be either THIS or THAT, where both are extremes and not a true reflection of the mean of the nation. In truth, most people are not hard left or hard right.

It's important to reject the narrative of the evil political bastards. They have never done any of us any service or benefit. They use us to further their own agendas, and those agendas are easier with the control they seek.

Yes, there are racists and haters. Always have been. Are they the majority? Hell no, they aren't, so don't let the sonsabitchen media tell you different.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Wow you need to stop drinking the racial juice that democrats has been passing around to actually make voting fraud legal and take the rights of the state to conduct their own elections under the state rules.

Yes, states are independent we are after all a Republic

Not anymore, we are a Corporate Oligarchy where money is paramount and ideology is just a tool for manipulation of the proletariat.

And you dear lady need to stop sucking trumps covfefe and look into his past business practices to see what kind of scumbag he really is.

Enjoy your Qanon soda...caer en la cuenta!
edit on 3-4-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Putting it that way I will have to agree, but, is still states that take matter on their own hands to preserve the power of the people, I live in GA, the amount of propaganda by the democrats is incredible, I just can not believe how they can get away with the lies they are drilling into people.

Most adults can see the lies, but the younger generations are becoming a target to this movement of divisions.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 10:01 PM
link   

a reply to: Teikiatsu

The thread started out quite well. Then someone presented "evidence" (science!) that blacks actually are inferior. It was downhill from there.

I said it was hard to have an honest discussion, not impossible.

As for the evidence, I'm sure it couldn't have been any worse than Melanin Theory.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 10:05 PM
link   

not impossible.

Consider where we are. The website, I mean.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

It's not white community. We're just all white supremacists now.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I don't think this is a black community issue. It's an American cultural issue and a failure of the parents of these people.

I know plenty of white people who have the exact same issues as the black community. It just manifests itself in a different narrative.

How many white people do you know that have many kids out of wedlock, think the man is holding them down, live off of welfare, make foolish life decisions, etc...

I know a lot.

I also know a lot of black people who are really successful.

To see this as a racial issue is naive.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Excellent post!

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 12:26 AM
link   

not impossible.

Consider where we are. The website, I mean.

Actually I would consider it easier on the internet than in real life, as we enjoy the anonymity of computer screens. None of us can know each other's ethnicity. All we have to present ourselves is the content of our character. The only visual hints may be the avatars we chose. We have no accents to color our speech. It's a true color-blind stage to speak from.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join