It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do we deal with the many issues facing the black community?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I don't think RealID laws are meant to affect any one group more than any other but they can do so. While there may not be intent, that doesn't mean effort shouldn't be take to remedy the situation.

The problem I have in this day and age is I do not know if the statement is true or just a progressive talking point as to how big or little RealIDs would impact anyone. Do you? Maybe we can do it and tackle the issues as they come up, but what if there really isn't any, wouldn't that be a hoot, and a big slap in the face of the progressive left who say its just a scheme to prevent voters from voting...

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

The problem I have in this day and age is I do not know if the statement is true or just a progressive talking point as to how big or little RealIDs would impact anyone

You cannot get on a commercial aircraft in the US without a RealID, beginning in October.

edit on 4/3/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Flying is racist.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

So are vaccinations.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 03:38 PM
link   

You cannot get on a commercial aircraft in the US without a RealID, beginning in October.

Not even with a passport?

It is common knowledge that Black people do not fly or use the internet, or drive...they also can not get their COVID vaccine since they have no ID and that is just a racist plot against them to vac all the whites anyways...

To be honest I have no clue if I have a SS card anywhere if it is needed...lol So stupid, just a crappy piece of paper I can print.
edit on 3-4-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: JAGStorm

Choices.

You didn't read that entire post did you?

Of course not. Why would you do me that courtesy when misrepresenting my views is so much easier?

Hold on right there.
I did read your entire post. Yes I do agree with choices.
Then you said new experiences wouldn’t matter on day 2.

So is it choices or not, because you are contradicting yourself.

You made a choice at some point.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Not even with a passport?

A passport is ok. And also requires proof of citizenship to obtain.

To be honest I have no clue if I have a SS card anywhere if it is needed
I needed to apply for a new one (original was long gone) to renew my drivers license (RealID) a couple of years ago. You should look into it sooner rather than later.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   

A passport is ok. And also requires proof of citizenship to obtain.

I'm good like 5 different ways... The funny part is RealID has nothing to do with a some racist conservatives plot against minorities it has to do with Liberal State issuing Official DLs to illegals while we were allowing DLs as proof for many things other than just driving and that screwed it all up. So now you need to get an enhanced DL (thanks Dems) or a RealID to show you are a citizen of the US or at least a legal resident.

U.S. passport
U.S. passport card
DHS trusted traveler cards (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
U.S. Department of Defense ID, including IDs issued to dependents
Permanent resident card
Border crossing card
State-issued Enhanced Driver’s License
Federally recognized, tribal-issued photo ID
HSPD-12 PIV card
Foreign government-issued passport
Canadian provincial driver's license or Indian and Northern Affairs Canada card
Transportation worker identification credential
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Employment Authorization Card (I-766)
U.S. Merchant Mariner Credential
Veteran Health Identification Card (VHIC)

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   

The funny part is RealID has nothing to do with a some racist conservatives plot against minorities it has to do with Liberal State issuing Official DLs to illegals while we were allowing DLs as proof for many things other than just driving and that screwed it all up

Actually, no. It started with the Patriot Act.

Secure driver's licenses and identification documents are a vital component of our national security framework. The REAL ID Act, passed by Congress in 2005, enacted the 9/11 Commission’s recommendation that the Federal Government “set standards for the issuance of sources of identification, such as driver's licenses.” The Act established minimum security standards for license issuance and production and prohibits federal agencies from accepting for certain purposes driver’s licenses and identification cards from states not meeting the Act’s minimum standards.
www.dhs.gov...

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I needed to apply for a new one (original was long gone) to renew my drivers license (RealID) a couple of years ago. You should look into it sooner rather than later.

This is all starting to look like a moot point... It seems everyone will need to get a RealID or enhanced DL no matter what, elections and voting aside. Seems the liberals kind of shot themselves in their own foot over this one... Now it is only if we should need an ID to vote since EVERYONE will have one sooner than later...lol

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=25830211]Southern
I guess I'm looking for an honest conversation here.

So...

You're ready to talk about recognition of the necessity of eliminating Systemic Dishonesty, and Flagrant Lack of Personal Responsibility in the Black Community before any other change can happen?

Because if you aren't, then you are wasting your time.

edit on 3-4-2021 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Actually, no. It started with the Patriot Act.

Well I do agree, but it is from the last line... "certain purposes driver’s licenses and identification cards from states not meeting the Act’s minimum standards." That standards not being met is from the states issuing them to illegals....

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   

That standards not being met is from the states issuing them to illegals....
No.

Hawaii never issued licenses to "illegals." I'm sure that there are many other states who did not who also had to upgrade the requirements. But the older requirements did not meet "the Act’s minimum standards. "

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   

The problem I have in this day and age is I do not know if the statement is true or just a progressive talking point as to how big or little RealIDs would impact anyone

I just looked this up, and it's worse than I thought.

www.aclu.org...

If fully implemented, the law would facilitate the tracking of data on individuals and bring government into the very center of every citizen’s life.

www.cchfreedom.org...

In 2005, Congress added REAL ID to a war appropriations bill in the middle of the night without public discussion. REAL ID is an unconstitutional power grab – a National ID card – that eliminates state’s rights and gives the federal government control over all citizen identification, movement, and access to goods and services – but only if state legislators agree to conform.

constitutionalalliance.org...

While some contend that Real ID is a national ID, the Constitutional Alliance contends that the operative word is “ID/identification.” Real ID is global or international ID.

edit on 3-4-2021 by Tempter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

And herein lies the problems: half-truths and lies and rewriting history.

"Despite this expansive wording, the Emancipation Proclamation was limited in many ways. It applied only to states that had seceded from the United States, leaving slavery untouched in the loyal border states. It also expressly exempted parts of the Confederacy (the Southern secessionist states) that had already come under Northern control. Most important, the freedom it promised depended upon Union (United States) military victory."

From archives.gov: www.archives.gov...

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Hawaii never issued licenses to "illegals." I'm sure that there are many other states who did not who also had to upgrade the requirements. But the older requirements did not meet "the Act’s minimum standards. "

I'm not saying all states, or all liberal states, but I do remember that it was a big deal when it started and the whole DL being used as official ident was in questioned because of it.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AnthonyMD

In addition, the American Civil War as NEVER about slavery to begin with. Lincoln USED slavery to gain back what the North was losing... Please be sure of history when you quote it.... it makes all the difference....

Question: if, indeed, African Americans were actually FREED by that proclamation, why are they not free today?

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

I just looked this up, and it's worse than I thought.

What part do you see as bad?

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I'm not saying all states, or all liberal states, but I do remember that it was a big deal when it started and the whole DL being used as official ident was in questioned because of it.
Yes. Because many states did not meet the standards set by the Patriot Act. Hawaii was one of them.

It was not because licenses were being issued to "illegals" by some states.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnthonyMD

Question: if, indeed, African Americans were actually FREED by that proclamation, why are they not free today?

IDK let me go ask one of my companies VPs who is Black why he is not free....

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join