It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MLB moving 2021 All-Star Game from Atlanta over Georgia voting law

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Guys there's no problem calm down you just need to show your vaccination card and you'll be good to partake in the sham box ticking exercise.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Lol, they obviously didn't put a lot of thought into this decision... Enjoy your plummeted viewership.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I will not be giving a dime to the useless, professional baseball players and MLB. They have the right to be “woke”, but they will go broke. They should NOT be a political organization.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
What they don't get is people are getting tired of politics and sports at the professional level. This is enough for people to drop going to and watching games altogether. I know I already watch less and less pro stuff, If sports don't allow people to get away from politics, they will spend their time and money elsewhere.

Well said. Pro Sports thinks we're all suckers anyway. Ever notice the number of minutes of each hour a game is on, is consumed by TV commercials? Basketball is the worst. TV Networks think Basketball fans (who are mostly Black) are really dumb.

Speaking of "mostly Black"....the Major League Baseball association will hurt Black employees and and vendors more than anyone, by pulling the Allstar game from Atlanta.

Add MLB to the NBA when it comes to slapping Black people across the face.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Get woke, go broke is the saying for this particular situation.

As for the law itself, a lot of it is silly, but it ultimately won't matter in 6-8 weeks. Dozens of other states are considering similar legislation, many of them in the South, and it's not as though the whole of Atlanta is just going to move three-hundred miles north.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Be half ass prepared to vote next time big brain.
No ID no vote in Canada.
a reply to: Phage

edit on 3-4-2021 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Let advertisers know you will not be watching any MLB games on TV this year. (MLB will not be successful in charging them $1,000 @ minute if nobody will be watching their commercials.)

Let MLB know that you will not be spending any money that directly or indirectly benefits their league or teams. (No CUBS jersey's, etc.)

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Georgia offers a free Id card if you don't have one of the ones required to vote.

The 6 states I've lived in long term had a free state id for low income workers so they could vote.

Just have to do the paperwork.

georgia.gov

What if I don't have one of the six acceptable forms of Photo ID?
The State of Georgia offers a free ID Card. An ID Card can be issued at any county registrar's office free of charge.
To receive a voter identification card at the county registrar's office, the voter must provide:
A photo identity document or approved non-photo identity document that includes full legal name and date of birth.
Documentation showing the voter's date of birth.
Evidence that the applicant is a registered voter.
Documentation showing the applicant's name and residential address.
OR
A Voter ID card can be issued at any Georgia Department of Driver Services office free of charge.
To receive a free Georgia voter identification card at Georgia Driver Services, voters must provide:
An original or certified document to prove WHO YOU ARE such as a Birth Certificate or Passport.
Your SOCIAL SECURITY CARD.
Two documents showing your RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS such as a Bank Statement or Utility Bill.
If you've had a NAME CHANGE, then you'll also need to bring a document to prove that, such as a Marriage License.
Signed Affidavit.
Evidence that you are a registered voter.

edit on 3-4-2021 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Most states that require ID to vote bend over backward to make sure you can obtain a free picture ID that will work for voting. They do it because they know the courts will strike the requirement otherwise.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: putnam6

What they don't get is people are getting tired of politics and sports at the professional level. This is enough for people to drop going to and watching games altogether. I know I already watch less and less pro stuff, If sports don't allow people to get away from politics, they will spend their time and money elsewhere.

Apparently people are also getting tired of GOP politicians trying to disenfranchise people of color.

www.cnn.com...

thehill.com...

Kemp will be walking it back soon enough! Republicans are now feeling the heat as it blows up in their face.

Ugh, I'm just going to be blunt:

Like actors' and actresses' personal opinions, NOBODY GIVES A # WHAT A COMPANY THINKS ABOUT SOMETHING. I do not care what the board or employees THINK others Not Them should do and feel, # 'em. I just want the # they make and peddle, not their mouth drivel. I'm not paying for that. Lower prices, or cram it.

Shut. UP. Sell your stuff, and keep the politics # for the off-clock hours. On the clock is NOT THE PLACE FOR IT.

Now, film something & entertain, or sell something and be functional. Anything else is wasting our time on # we did not ask for -- it ain't Political Mickey D's, "Want politics with that?" No. Put something (like the advertised product) in the customer's hands, and just do your job.

No more, no less. This should never be too much to ask from "professional" companies.
edit on 4/3/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

it ain't Political Mickey D's, "Want politics with that?"

I'm going to be blunt here....

Yes it is...politics and corporatism's go hand in hand. It's just another aspect of capitalism. Sports, entertainment, everything is a business and in one way or another motivated by politics. And to expect business to not express political views when it affects their bottom line is very naïve.
Where in actuality we are blessed to live in a corporate oligarchy. If it wasn't for big business, you wouldn't have been able to post this post. Who is your internet provider, do you think they don't have their fingers in the political pie?

Even ATS is a corporate entity where you can post your opinion, thanks to the forum they provide. See the irony?
I'm an American businessman, entrepreneur, Do you just want me to STFU even when politics affects my business, and my family's livelihood? Not going to happen!!!

represent.us...

www.statista.com...

Don't be too upset, it's just doing business the American way where profit is king. And remember corps are people to and falls under the 1st amendment as well.

corpgov.law.harvard.edu...

Happy Easter!

edit on 3-4-2021 by olaru12 because: syntax

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Maybe no so simple for some.

An original or certified document to prove WHO YOU ARE such as a Birth Certificate or Passport.

As many as 7% of United States citizens – 13 million individuals – do not have ready access to citizenship documents. Seven percent of the American citizens surveyed responded that they do not have ready access to U.S. passports, naturalization papers, or birth certificates.2 Using 2000 census calculations of the citizen voting-age population, this translates to more than 13 million American adult citizens nationwide who cannot easily produce documentation proving their citizenship.3

edit on 4/3/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
It's up to the state. But that person should be prosecuted.

I kind of think its a lot like the old saying...keeping honest people honest... Unfortunately people will make bad decisions if it is easy to do with little chance to get caught, like speeding in your car. A voter ID doesn't prevent anyone from voting just like the 100 of others things we do that needs an ID for.

I'm sure you leave you windows and doors unlocked all the time, because you know...If someone robs you they should be punished.

Here is a serious question, is owning a gun and voting equal rights?

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Here is a serious question, is owning a gun and voting equal rights?

What is an equal right?
Each is a right specified by the Constitution, if that's what you mean.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   

The polling place was closing. The bank where my safe deposit box is was closed.

The point you are making is not the one you think you are making... Your point is actually how absurd one needs to go because they are restricted from voting if ID was required to vote. How about a finger print, or eye scan...it is 2021...

Your point also reminds me of the liberal point in the past that stretched into absurdity too when they suggested voter ID would prevent the 102 year-old great great Black grandmother from voting because she doesn't have any proof of who she is....I think in all these cases concessions can be provided.

Like lets say you go to vote and forgot your ID and the polls closes in 10 mins. Well Mr. Phage please fill out this single page document with your name, address and signature so we can verify who you are. Thank you now go vote... Same could be done for the 102 year old great great Grandmother, lets give her a free voter ID card AND official State ID so she has something. Hell have the Governor drive her to get her picture etc and he can drive her to vote too...all good with me.

edit on 3-4-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 11:35 AM
link   

They offer 10 alternatives that can also be used.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Your point is actually how absurd one needs to go because they are restricted from voting if ID was required to vote.

My point is that, if a RealID is required to vote and I cannot produce it (for any reason), I cannot cast my ballot at a polling place. My point is that some citizens will have difficulty obtaining RealID at all.

My point is that all it actually does it make voting more difficult for many people.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   

They offer 10 alternatives that can also be used.
No. They offer two ways to get a card. One way requires 4 items of documentation. The other requires 5. It doesn't say "or" between those items. Both require documentation which some make not have, like a birth certificate.

This makes it more clear:
dds.georgia.gov...

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   

What is an equal right?
Each is a right specified by the Constitution, if that's what you mean.

Sure, are they equal by the Constitution?

"Supreme Court approved an Indiana voter ID law, even conceding that it had a partisan basis, because it was not "excessively burdensome" to most voters."

I need to show ID and fill out a ton of paperwork and wait weeks for a background check to own a gun, oh and pay money to do it all, but here we suggest a free voter ID and it is just too much and infringes on our right to vote...

You are a common sense/logic type a guy and this whole debate lacks in both areas.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   

My point is that, if a RealID is required to vote and I cannot produce it (for any reason), I cannot cast my ballot at a polling place. My point is that some citizens will have difficulty obtaining RealID at all.

My point is that all it actually does it make voting more difficult for many people.

The problem is your points are stupid...

RealID and voter ID are not one and the same...

The right to vote doesn't mean there is zero burden on your part to actually vote. It isn't like breathing...lol You also are assuming "some citizens will have difficulty obtaining RealID" and in 2021 I dare say that is a dead horse too.

As I said you have concessions in place for the one offs that come along.
edit on 3-4-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join