It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MLB moving 2021 All-Star Game from Atlanta over Georgia voting law

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Why are black people to dumb to get a photo ID?

Calling this a restriction is nothing more than an insult to the intelligence of black people.

Isn't that weird? It's racist for a black person to carry photo ID, but honkey-ass white folks are going to have to carry: State Issued Photo ID, Vaccination cards, and if the Trotskyists get their way work papers to show that they are allowed out in public. So either they are implying that white people are so smart that they can handle carrying all that extra stuff, or they are saying the black people are to irresponsible to carry anything.

I'm not sure what the message is here, but at least this doesn't involve giving an Asian a noogy.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

What are you talking about, do you live in GA or vote in GA?

I do and always I have to show an ID, now democrats wants no IDs soo illegals can vote without questions asked and soo the dead.

Really, you have no idea what is going on, do you? Stop drinking the liberal media Jesus juice.

link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
I can add MLB to the rest of the alphabet soup, that I no longer care about. When are these Prima donna‘s going to understand that patriotism trumps the games that they get paid to play.

It's not just athletics now. It's gone corporate, and when the corporate political contributions favor the DNC...who's to blame?

Politics is a game of perceptions. And this smells very bad for the GOP.
edit on 2-4-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: putnam6

Looks like I'll be turning to local sports.

I love dirt track racing,they'll be getting my money this summer.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

now democrats wants no IDs soo illegals can vote without questions asked and soo the dead.

Don't you have to register to vote in Georgia? Can "illegals" do that? If so, that would be a good law to change.

edit on 4/2/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I stop watching, do not give two rat asses where they go and what they do, If I want politics I watch the liberal media. I hope the door hit them in the back when they leave GA.

My main point is exactly that if it's gonna get all political then screw it, a lot of people feel that way. Sports is an escape from the drudgery and monotony of real life. But many will stay at home turn off the TV and do something else. Used to watch the Falcons and Braves religiously but no more.

There was a reason the Super Bowl has low ratings. 

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Meh, I stopped boycotting all that stuff last year. I still watch it all, I just don't pay anyone a cent beyond my internet connection to do so.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: olaru12

Apparently people are also getting tired of GOP politicians trying to disenfranchise people of color.

So you believe people of color are incapable of acquiring ID? You seem to have a pretty low view of them...

Wait until POC have to start having vaccine passports in blue states. I wonder if that will be racist too.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I can add MLB to the rest of the alphabet soup, that I no longer care about. When are these Prima donna‘s going to understand that patriotism trumps the games that they get paid to play.

It's not just athletics now. It's gone corporate, and when the corporate political contributions favor the DNC...who's to blame?

Politics is a game of perceptions.

Because corporations are pussies and they too are so concerned about the perception they have no backbone.

link   
a reply to: Phage

No anymore all you do is go and vote with an ID, I only register once when I move to GA in the 90s, Democrats do not even want voter verifications now in Ga, that is why they are calling voters ID racist, I have to hear this everyday in the darn TV commercial, interestingly they are using a white person telling that his identity is going to be stolen because of voters ID.

Is hilarious, democrats are the ones that thinks blacks and hispanics are idiots I find this offensive.

link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I don't even do that..
If it's on antenna tv I might watch a few minutes of something but I will not be buying anything except maybe some tickets to our local minor league team.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Stacey Abrams at work.
Name sound familiar ?
The one that claimed "cheating" as votes were thrown out because of voting laws and regulations ?
The one that failed miserably ?
With 2 or 3 recounts ?

The one most likely trying to deflect from her own present legal issues ?

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: olaru12

Politics is a game of perceptions.

Because corporations are pussies and they too are so concerned about the perception they have no backbone.

Pussy or not, they have something much more important than backbone...it's called money and political influence. This will not bode well for Georgia.

link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Now that is a big corrupted piece of crap for politician, I tell you.

link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Meh, I stopped boycotting all that stuff last year. I still watch it all, I just don't pay anyone a cent beyond my internet connection to do so.

Lots of people are doing that as well, pretty sure I'll still play nickel fantasy sports but it's on a site that isn't sponsoring any of the major leagues

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I only register once when I move to GA in the 90s,

Yes. That's the way it works in most places. As long as you don't go too long without voting. I don't remember when I registered, it was a long time ago though.

But you don't have to be a citizen to register? Why didn't they fix that?
edit on 4/2/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I can respect that. I did that for a couple of years, in fact. I went back to watching because I didn't want to miss out on seeing Mahomes. Then my Braves got good again and I ended up going back to watching them. Never stopped watching the NHL because it's hockey and I live in Alaska. I loathe the NBA, though.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 06:50 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for POLITE political debate will be enforced.

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

Terms And Conditions Of Use

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Never watch basketball. Never did.

Maybe it's because I was lousy at it in PE.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Stacey Abrams at work.
Name sound familiar ?

It did until you mentioned "work" and then the association fell away from me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join