It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Updates Travel Recommendations

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Sure sure

Prove vaccination for an innocuous virus but not for a harmful one

Logic

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Ringsofsaturn777

I am not a dope and ad hominems don't really help to make your case.

Otherwise i can claim to be you and vote at one place for you and another for myself.
If someone votes for me, and then I go to vote, wouldn't that sort of raise a red flag? Does that happen a lot?

edit on 4/2/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   
In fact phage

Name ONE vaccination that has to be proven to the owner of a bar or an airline or to a government o a country before being allowed to enter

There is NONE

But for this absolutely innocuous virus “don’t let me travel, government, because I could give someone else a sore throat”

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Name ONE vaccination that has to be proven to the owner of a bar or an airline or to a government o a country before being allowed to enter

A required vaccine is one that travelers must have in order to enter a country, based on that country’s government regulations. In most circumstances, yellow fever is the only vaccine required by certain countries. Keep in mind that yellow fever vaccine can be recommended by CDC to protect your health, as well as required by a country. CDC’s recommendation is different from the country’s requirement. A vaccine recommendation is designed to keep you from getting yellow fever; a vaccine requirement is the country’s attempt to keep travelers from bringing the yellow fever virus into the country. Vaccine requirements can change at any time, because country governments control those decisions.

wwwnc.cdc.gov...

Under the immigration laws of the United States, a foreign national who applies for an immigrant visa abroad, or who seeks to adjust status to a permanent resident while in the United States, is required to receive vaccinations to prevent the following diseases:

Mumps
Measles
Rubella
Polio
Tetanus and Diphtheria Toxoids
Pertussis
Haemophilus influenzae type B
Hepatitis B
Any other vaccine-preventable diseases recommended by the Advisory Committee for Immunization Practices

www.uscis.gov...

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: dug88

Arbitrary. The word doesn't mean what you seem to think.

I noticed that you didn’t respond to his first question, but responded to all his other comments.

His first comment and question was about the “vaccine-“ why do you still have to wear a mask, if you’re fully vaccinated? What’s that about?

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Well I’ll be

ACTUAL harmful viruses. Who’d a thunk.

How about any that you have prove vaccination against in order to travel between states or enter a bar?

Of that there are ZERO

And - you agree that there should be no need to prove vaccination against measles in order to go to a movie theatre. So why the hypocrisy?

Or are you going to claim that you oppose a vaccination requirement to enter bars and theatres or travel interstate now?
edit on 2 4 2021 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

edit on 2 4 2021 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   

How about any that you have prove vaccination against in order to travel between states or enter a bar?

I don't have to prove vaccination to travel between states or enter a bar.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Will you oppose that if it’s implemented?

You’re allowed to say “yes” or “no”

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

His first comment and question was about the “vaccine-“ why do you still have to wear a mask, if you’re fully vaccinated? What’s that about?

While evidence is accumulating that being vaccinated reduces transmission, this is not yet well established.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 03:25 PM
link   

a reply to: KansasGirl

While evidence is accumulating that being vaccinated reduces transmission, this is not yet well established.

Wait what?!?!

But you HAVE to have it?

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Let's compare this list shall we...

Mumps
potentially deadly to younger people, can cause sterility in adults
Measles
having measles while pregnant can lead to the following pregnancy complications:

miscarriage
preterm labor
low birth weight
stillbirth

Rubella
can cause serious complications if a woman develops the infection while pregnant.

Polio
Cripples and maims people

Tetanus and Diphtheria Toxoids
Causes agonizing paralytic death

Pertussis
Can kill children and young people

Haemophilus influenzae type B
causes bacteremia, pneumonia, epiglottitis and acute bacterial meningitis. On occasion, it causes cellulitis, osteomyelitis, and infectious arthritis. Again...in young people

Hepatitis B
Serious chronic liver infection with long term debilitating effects

Now...covid

50% asymptomatic rate
Death rate below the age of 70 nearly non-existent
Majority of symptomatic cases experience symptoms similar to a mild cold.

Not exactly comparable.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 03:27 PM
link   

But you HAVE to have it?
No, you don't.

Death rate below the age of 70 nearly non-existent
Incorrect.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

Will you oppose that if it’s implemented?

You’re allowed to say “yes” or “no”

Phage

Will you or will you not oppose a requirement to prove vaccination ONLY against this new innocuous virus in order to enter a bar, of the government tries to implement it?

And what about the same question but for measles?

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   

It's fascinating how happy some are that we as a country are governed by unelected bureaucrats offering recommendations.

Do we have the country we deserve, or what?

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Will you or will you not oppose a requirement to prove vaccination ONLY against this new innocuous virus in order to enter a bar, of the government tries to implement it?
I would oppose it. But it's not going to happen.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

It's fascinating how happy some are that we as a country are governed by unelected bureaucrats offering recommendations.

We are not governed by the CDC.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I would oppose it. But it's not going to happen.

Good to hear and I hope you’re right.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Yet it's about to happen in the UK. It's happening in Israel. Ontario just passed legislation allowing companies to lay workers off without pay if they don't get it.

You think that #'s not on its way to America?

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

You think that #'s not on its way to America?

That's what I said. There will be no law which requires vaccination to enter a bar.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Well seeing as you seem like the shrewd type.

I've totally got a bridge for sale on some waterfront property I think you'd be greatly interested in. I'll give you a special deal just cause you seem like such shrewd and observant fellow.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join