It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dominican Republic Building a Wall to Keep Haitians Out

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 02:25 PM
link   
bUt tHeY cAn jUsT uSe a LaDdEr

ThEy cAn jUsT fLy oVeR tHe wAlL

WaLls dOnt WoRk

THeY cAn cUt tHrOuGh tHe WALL

ThEY cAn DiG

The southern border wall between the USA and Mexico WORKS as intended

MOST illegal immigrants do NOT fly into the country

Leftists are thick

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer

originally posted by: trollz
The people of Haiti have an average IQ of around 67, which is considered to be mental retardation.

So you would fit right in.

But seriously...source?

I’m like an Einstein in Haiti

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
a reply to: Lysergic

Practice self control. The world does not revolve around you.

Got a source for that?

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bunch

originally posted by: Edumakated
Gee, where have we seen this story before?

So Dominican Republic is building a wall to keep out illegal Haitian immigrants. For those that don't know, the DR and Haiti are on the same island of Hispanola. Half is DR, the other half is Haiti.

The DR, while not all rainbows and unicorns, has a decent tourist economy and doing ok. On the other hand, Haiti is a textbook example of what most would call a sh*thole. Completely ironic since half the island has figured out to attract resorts and tourist while the other half can't seem to just copy what works.

Anyway, much like the US, the DR gets a ton of illegal Haitian immigrants. I guess the DR is being over run so they decided to do what most people with functioning brain cells would do in this situation. Build a wall...

You obviously have ZERO understanding of Haiti/DR relations. I come from PR and to me the whole thing between DR and Haiti would be funny if it really wasn't so depressing and it all dates back to the colonization of the Caribbean by Europe.

Dominicans wouldn't like to have you know that they traffic the hell out of Haitian women and children for hard labor, domestic labor and forced sex trade purposes that includes minors. Dominicans wouldn't also want you to know that they get on boats in drove to PR to look for a better life, then complain about racism in PR while they themselves been master racist against poor Haitians.

We have a decent sized population of Haitians in PR and I swear they don't cause any trouble at all. They come, they work, their are decent hard working overly nice people, I cant say that of many Dominicans that come to PR.

Dominicans are weird IMO and is mainly due the teachings of self hatred that are engrained in their society during the time of Trujillo dictatorship, who was a very charismatic/personality cult type leader who many in the DR adore still to this day. Trujillo a black dude who would wear ridiculous amount of make up to appear white was basically an KKK representative during his time as a dictator. He enacted anti-afro dominicans/haitians policies from the get go which cause the first big wave of Dominicans to leave to the US and Puerto Rico. The legacy of hatred that started with Trujillo is alive and well in the DR to this day. On the cultural side just google a picture of Sammy Sosa from 1990 and one from now and you will now what I mean.

Regarding your comment about why Haiti cant copy what DR does to improve their economy is again another fail on your part to understand the result of colonization. French colonies for the most part assumed total control of their territories, while English and Spaniard territories/colonies let people govern themselves for the most part as long as they pledge loyalty to the throne and paid their dues. That ease of control let to the development of the population of those nations and their economies. In many French colonies the locals we just seeing as labor and any skilled jobs were occupied by French nationals. You can see that history repeating in many former French colonies in the Caribbean and Africa and to make matter worst the subsequent governments that have come after the independence of the colonies just replicate what the French colonizers did for the most part which is why you see so many genocide, killings and tribal type governments that rise and fall in those countries.

On a serous note. Thanks for posting some local knowledge colonial France sounds intolerable.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bunch

originally posted by: Edumakated
Gee, where have we seen this story before?

So Dominican Republic is building a wall to keep out illegal Haitian immigrants. For those that don't know, the DR and Haiti are on the same island of Hispanola. Half is DR, the other half is Haiti.

The DR, while not all rainbows and unicorns, has a decent tourist economy and doing ok. On the other hand, Haiti is a textbook example of what most would call a sh*thole. Completely ironic since half the island has figured out to attract resorts and tourist while the other half can't seem to just copy what works.

Anyway, much like the US, the DR gets a ton of illegal Haitian immigrants. I guess the DR is being over run so they decided to do what most people with functioning brain cells would do in this situation. Build a wall...

You obviously have ZERO understanding of Haiti/DR relations. I come from PR and to me the whole thing between DR and Haiti would be funny if it really wasn't so depressing and it all dates back to the colonization of the Caribbean by Europe.

Dominicans wouldn't like to have you know that they traffic the hell out of Haitian women and children for hard labor, domestic labor and forced sex trade purposes that includes minors. Dominicans wouldn't also want you to know that they get on boats in drove to PR to look for a better life, then complain about racism in PR while they themselves been master racist against poor Haitians.

We have a decent sized population of Haitians in PR and I swear they don't cause any trouble at all. They come, they work, their are decent hard working overly nice people, I cant say that of many Dominicans that come to PR.

Dominicans are weird IMO and is mainly due the teachings of self hatred that are engrained in their society during the time of Trujillo dictatorship, who was a very charismatic/personality cult type leader who many in the DR adore still to this day. Trujillo a black dude who would wear ridiculous amount of make up to appear white was basically an KKK representative during his time as a dictator. He enacted anti-afro dominicans/haitians policies from the get go which cause the first big wave of Dominicans to leave to the US and Puerto Rico. The legacy of hatred that started with Trujillo is alive and well in the DR to this day. On the cultural side just google a picture of Sammy Sosa from 1990 and one from now and you will now what I mean.

Regarding your comment about why Haiti cant copy what DR does to improve their economy is again another fail on your part to understand the result of colonization. French colonies for the most part assumed total control of their territories, while English and Spaniard territories/colonies let people govern themselves for the most part as long as they pledge loyalty to the throne and paid their dues. That ease of control let to the development of the population of those nations and their economies. In many French colonies the locals we just seeing as labor and any skilled jobs were occupied by French nationals. You can see that history repeating in many former French colonies in the Caribbean and Africa and to make matter worst the subsequent governments that have come after the independence of the colonies just replicate what the French colonizers did for the most part which is why you see so many genocide, killings and tribal type governments that rise and fall in those countries.

On a serous note. Thanks for posting some local knowledge colonial France sounds intolerable.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I was talking with my daughter, yesterday, she said covid positives are down, almost none, within the local population, that is until the gates has been opened for Haitian and jamaican coming from the caribbean, she said most of the people the emergency room where she works have, has been from those two places and all positive with covid, interestingly she is telling she does not know what is going on or how all this people is coming to Florida.

It seems US is now an open for all nation, covid is not a problem, come on in, infected or not, only American citizens are to follow rules, get covid passports and get the darn injection.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

went to one of the resorts on Dominican Republic , one of the resort employees told me the dark skinned one's are from Haiti . Guess the USA isn't the only racist country ,I will never go back because of other problems

<< 1   >>

join