It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Derek Chauvin trial day 5

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort

originally posted by: game over man

After yesterday's trial hearing from the medics and seeing new footage, today's trial made me think of:

If YOU don't think you would die....how much money would you try to win if you were to participate as George Floyd in an exact reenactment minus the drugs?

Have people on the internet uploaded videos of this?

You think it's no walk in the park? Easy to survive? Win $20 in less than 15 mins? Would you do it? And not your friend doing it, a cop, exactly the same. And exactly how healthy you are right now with no chance to prepare, not on a gym mat, on the street. How much? Since it's so easy to survive?

I think if I didn't take 3 times the lethal amount of fentanyl required to kill a human I'd do alright chief.

Go try it then, have someone video tape it too so we can see.

I'll let you sit on my neck bro. DM me and we can set something up boss.

Why are you so triggered? You guys have made 10 billion threads saying George died because of drugs, THAT MEANS, a person would survive the encounter if they were sober. So prove it. Give it a shot.

He's been called a human piece of garbage amongst numerous other insults, WHICH MEANS, you think you're better, i.e. more superior. So go and show off and duplicate it sober. If George is garbage and he died, and on drugs, that means you sober could be smoking a cigarette while it's going down. So let's see it tough guys and women. Show us how it's done.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: Xtrozero

Then why did the city pay the family 27 million. That was a major hit on their budget but obviously the city figured it was better to pay them fight in court. Odd they would do that if it was his fault dont you think?

Sometimes it is cheaper to settle than fight in court both financially and politically. Attorneys know this and many injury and civil rights attorneys make their living exploiting this dynamic.

It was not cheaper to pay 27 milion then fight in court unless your lawyers know your going to lose. So the city has already accepted culpability for his death. If they thought the police officers were in the right they would have fought it in court

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: game over man

Considering Chauvin applied no pressure, what do you think will happen?

The coroner report did not agre with you. In fact it states pressure on the back and neck contributed to his death. The coroner in his report could not say if pressure was not applied he would have died anyway. They tried to get the coroner to say exactly that and they wouldt do it.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Then why did the city pay the family 27 million. That was a major hit on their budget but obviously the city figured it was better to pay them fight in court. Odd they would do that if it was his fault dont you think?

Sometimes it is cheaper to settle than fight in court both financially and politically. Attorneys know this and many injury and civil rights attorneys make their living exploiting this dynamic.

It was not cheaper to pay 27 milion then fight in court unless your lawyers know your going to lose. So the city has already accepted culpability for his death. If they thought the police officers were in the right they would have fought it in court

Chauvins superior testified already that what Chauvin did was not right, in several different way, but they don't want to hear that.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

a reply to: trollz

Except that he was not on his neck restricting breathing. No proof from autopsy report. Also, people sleep on their stomachs do they not?

George ODed.... that simple.

That's not actually relevant to the trial, since Chauvin isn't accused of asphyxiating him. He's accused of putting him in a high stress position that contributed to his death.

Oh so now it's "contributing" to his death. Is that what this whole dog and pony show is for? Contributing to someone's death?

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 02:48 PM
link   

You obviously don't understand politics...

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 02:52 PM
link   
And a lot of you, don't understand this case, what it's about.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

The autopsy showed no bruising, that means there was little pressure applied.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

Except that he was not on his neck restricting breathing. No proof from autopsy report. Also, people sleep on their stomachs do they not?

George ODed.... that simple.

That's not actually relevant to the trial, since Chauvin isn't accused of asphyxiating him. He's accused of putting him in a high stress position that contributed to his death.

Oh so now it's "contributing" to his death. Is that what this whole dog and pony show is for? Contributing to someone's death?

And if that's the angle, they better go after the people who sold him the drugs since they were the main factor.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
I've been watching the day 5 trial for Derek Chauvin. The prosecution got Lieutenant Zimmerman on the stand, and his testimony is pretty bad for Chauvin.
Here are the key points:
Zimmerman has decades of experience on the police force and currently holds the highest seniority.
Zimmerman testified that he has never been trained to put his knee on a suspect's neck.
Zimmerman claims that this would be considered the highest tier of force, or deadly force (akin to using a deadly weapon such as a gun), because having your knee on a person's neck could kill them.
Zimmerman claims that a handcuffed suspect should never be left laying prone on their stomach/chest, but instead rolled over onto their side or sat up as soon as possible, because being prone on the stomach/chest makes it more difficult to breathe.

At this point it's hard to tell how the trial is going to play out. I'm really curious to hear the testimony from the coroner(s).

Except there are actual training documents showing the use of placing a knee on the neck.

Which means the Lt. Is lying.

townhall.com...

According to the Minneapolis Police Department training manual, officers are shown how to subdue violent or resisting suspects by placing their knee on the neck

edit on 2-4-2021 by rounda because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: rounda

As long as that officer did not perjure himself, he's now safe from the woke cancel liberal mobs of justice going after him.

If he was actually trained on putting the knee on the victim then ruh roh. I'm sure they keep training records up there.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Cop is innocent of any crime.
He did exactly as he was trained to do and followed the procedure.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Edumakated

Also, people sleep on their stomachs do they not?

How many people do you know that sleep on their stomach while handcuffed ?

Asking for a friend.

A lot of kinky couples.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Edumakated

Also, people sleep on their stomachs do they not?

How many people do you know that sleep on their stomach while handcuffed ?

Asking for a friend.

Oh three or four

I like your friend lol
edit on 2-4-2021 by Dalamax because: Kinky sex makes the world go round .. dead Kennedys

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 04:21 PM
link   

After yesterday's trial hearing from the medics and seeing new footage, today's trial made me think of:

If YOU don't think you would die....how much money would you try to win if you were to participate as George Floyd in an exact reenactment minus the drugs?

You think it's no walk in the park? Easy to survive? Win $20 in less than 15 mins? Would you do it? And not your friend doing it, a cop, exactly the same. And exactly how healthy you are right now with no chance to prepare, not on a gym mat, on the street. How much? Since it's so easy to survive?

Can I get second and third helpings for double and triple the rate? Poppy needs a new pair of shoes.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I think if I didn't take 3 times the lethal amount of fentanyl required to kill a human I'd do alright chief.

Go try it then, have someone video tape it too so we can see.

I'll let you sit on my neck bro. DM me and we can set something up boss.

Why are you so triggered? You guys have made 10 billion threads saying George died because of drugs, THAT MEANS, a person would survive the encounter if they were sober. So prove it. Give it a shot.

He's been called a human piece of garbage amongst numerous other insults, WHICH MEANS, you think you're better, i.e. more superior. So go and show off and duplicate it sober. If George is garbage and he died, and on drugs, that means you sober could be smoking a cigarette while it's going down. So let's see it tough guys and women. Show us how it's done.

So, YOUR SAYING, your the same as a meth addict on fent who is a pos criminal garbage/scumbag?

It also implies by your hair trigger logic that you could survive ingesting the drugs old smooth Floyd did.

Man. You’ve really got to pick your arguments dude(tte)

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Well, here's what's sad to me, and we've seen it clearly on this thread (and others).

This case will not be resolved with reason and justice. Ultimately, it will be resolved with emotions, feelz, speculation, politics and MSM agendas.

That's sad.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I had a business law class in college, and I'll never forget one of the precedent cases we were given. (maybe some have seen this).

A homeowner decides to build a fence. He nicely talks to the neighbor and they both agree the fence is acceptable. All the necessary permits are granted and a contractor comes and builds the fence.

After a while the neighbor decides he too wants to build a fence, but in the process of researching his property he discovers the first homeowner built the fence 7 feet inside his property line. To make a long story short, the homeowner who built the fence, and the neighbor get into a big dispute over the fence line. The neighbor ultimately prevails and the court agrees the fence is built on his property, and not the homeowner's. The neighbor sues for damages to relocate the fence.

The court decides that the fence is indeed build on the neighbor's property. BUT, the neighbor loses, because the homeowner who built the fence now sues the neighbor for the cost of building the fence on the neighbor's property. The court rules in favor of the homeowner.

SO, now the neighbor has to pay not only for the fence to be built on his property (to the homeowner) but for the fence to also be relocated onto the property line where it should have been to begin with.

Justice is not always clear, and neither is the law.

Sometimes, things aren't as easy as they may seem.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Rolling a person on their side is a recovery position when you are trying to aid an injured person, the police are not EMS, they are trying to get compliance, not recovery so a non-compliant criminal can become uncooperative again. See how that works?

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Tekner

Yeah I think he wants someone else to take drugs and fight with police. Why would he be in that position if he wasn't nearly delirious on meth/fent and not following instructions. He could of just sat in the car. I guess now you will have to ask if a suspect is claustrophobic before detaining them, if they say yes you just gotta let em go LOL

The TV Channel (HLN) I've been watching the trial on, the commentor's on that channel have kept repeating that they can tell Floyd obviously wasn't too high on drugs, because he was acting fairly normal while in the store, and also when the cops were first talking to him.

However, I disagree with that, because... Why the hell didn't he drive away? He had plenty of time. He wouldn't have had to speed away in a hurry. He could've casually drove home. After the store clerk came out two different times telling him the $20 Bill was fake, what the hell was he expecting to happen? By the 2nd time the clerk came out, I would've already been long gone.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join