It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Derek Chauvin trial day 5

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I've been watching the day 5 trial for Derek Chauvin. The prosecution got Lieutenant Zimmerman on the stand, and his testimony is pretty bad for Chauvin.
Here are the key points:
Zimmerman has decades of experience on the police force and currently holds the highest seniority.
Zimmerman testified that he has never been trained to put his knee on a suspect's neck.
Zimmerman claims that this would be considered the highest tier of force, or deadly force (akin to using a deadly weapon such as a gun), because having your knee on a person's neck could kill them.
Zimmerman claims that a handcuffed suspect should never be left laying prone on their stomach/chest, but instead rolled over onto their side or sat up as soon as possible, because being prone on the stomach/chest makes it more difficult to breathe.

At this point it's hard to tell how the trial is going to play out. I'm really curious to hear the testimony from the coroner(s).
edit on 4/2/2021 by trollz because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/2/2021 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The fact of the matter is: George Floyd took a lethal amount of fentanyl and was going to die anyway. Was it sped up by being held down? Possibly? Did Chauvin murder Floyd? No. Period.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Except that he was not on his neck restricting breathing. No proof from autopsy report. Also, people sleep on their stomachs do they not?

George ODed.... that simple.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Also, people sleep on their stomachs do they not?

How many people do you know that sleep on their stomach while handcuffed ?

Asking for a friend.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Asking for a friend.

How does being handcuffed restrict your breathing? Last time I checked, I sleep on my stomach my hands are largely immobile... one is sleep after all.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Asking for a friend.

How does being handcuffed restrict your breathing? Last time I checked, I sleep on my stomach my hands are largely immobile... one is sleep after all.

it must be quite safe then. Having restriction of movement and all.

Sleep well.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Can you FEEL...what the PLEA DEAL's got Cookin?????

Man-1 in return for dropping Murder-2 and Murder-3. 1-5 in prison (club fed, some deferred (later)) and 10 probation.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   
After yesterday's trial hearing from the medics and seeing new footage, today's trial made me think of:

If YOU don't think you would die....how much money would you try to win if you were to participate as George Floyd in an exact reenactment minus the drugs?

Have people on the internet uploaded videos of this?

You think it's no walk in the park? Easy to survive? Win $20 in less than 15 mins? Would you do it? And not your friend doing it, a cop, exactly the same. And exactly how healthy you are right now with no chance to prepare, not on a gym mat, on the street. How much? Since it's so easy to survive?

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Asking for a friend.

On a concrete bed.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Asking for a friend.

On a concrete bed.

Meet The Flintstones.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   
You dont sleep with handcuffs on?

Prudes.

You guys ever try sleeping on a lethal dose of fentanyl?

I hear its killer

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
After yesterday's trial hearing from the medics and seeing new footage, today's trial made me think of:

If YOU don't think you would die....how much money would you try to win if you were to participate as George Floyd in an exact reenactment minus the drugs?

You think it's no walk in the park? Easy to survive? Win $20 in less than 15 mins? Would you do it? And not your friend doing it, a cop, exactly the same. And exactly how healthy you are right now with no chance to prepare, not on a gym mat, on the street. How much? Since it's so easy to survive?

I think if I didn't take 3 times the lethal amount of fentanyl required to kill a human I'd do alright chief.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Day 5 really?
What are they trying to reach "herd immunity " maybe "flatten the curve"

"Two more weeks guys!"

Get me outa this clown car

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort
The fact of the matter is: George Floyd took a lethal amount of fentanyl and was going to die anyway. Was it sped up by being held down? Possibly? Did Chauvin murder Floyd? No. Period.

He had the "potential" to die. It was by no means certain that he would. He could have just gone home and slept it off.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Hell just go up to some cops and start fighting them and see what happens...

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
a reply to: trollz

Except that he was not on his neck restricting breathing. No proof from autopsy report. Also, people sleep on their stomachs do they not?

George ODed.... that simple.

That's not actually relevant to the trial, since Chauvin isn't accused of asphyxiating him. He's accused of putting him in a high stress position that contributed to his death.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

He had the "potential" to die. It was by no means certain that he would. He could have just gone home and slept it off.

Was his heart attack caused by being on the ground or was it due to the psychoses and overdose he was experiencing? Lets say in the same situation they taser him and he dies due to the added stress of the taser on top of something well on its way. What would you call that?

What do the cops have left other than just to shoot them as we remove their ability to restraint a person more and more?

edit on 2-4-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort

I think if I didn't take 3 times the lethal amount of fentanyl required to kill a human I'd do alright chief.

Go try it then, have someone video tape it too so we can see.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

It was the proximity of the police that killed him.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I wish they would have investigated Epstein's death as well as old Georges. I am not sorry to say this is all about distraction. I am sure the verdict will come close to the anniversary of his death.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join