It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Johns Hopkins: U.S. Death Rate Remains NORMAL Despite COVID-19

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I am trying to see how that stacks up against other local business in my area and its being difficult to figure out. In my location the covid death numbers are super inflated and as far as I can tell for my location business hasn't been much different for them, but that is as far as I can tell. Maybe I will just call the damn funeral homes near me and ask them.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

In my location the covid death numbers are super inflated
How do you know this?

Maybe I will just call the damn funeral homes near me and ask them.
Do that. But unless you live in a pretty densely populated area, they may not have shown much of an increase.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Because my local government is investigating the governor over it.

link   

Be sure to let us know the results of the investigation.

link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: UKTruth

They are deaths 'confirmed or presumed' Covid-19 and you (or I) simply don't know how many were BECAUSE of Covid-19.
Not precisely, of course. But that "presumed" means the the person did not have a COVID positive test before death. The physician used their expertise to determine it.

There must be some reason that there were large increases in deaths attributed to heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and pnuemonia. Maybe COVID had something to do with it. Or maybe it was something else.

There must be some reason there was a 15.9% increase in the death rate from 2019. But maybe it wasn't the pandemic.

Maybe those people didn't die. Maybe the deaths were fabricated.

If's, buts, and maybe's - that's about the only accurate representation of the Covid death numbers.

Do you have the same issue with other causes of death being determined this way or just specifically covid?

No. Not at the moment.
If the Govt decided to overreach based on other deaths and then publish unreliable numbers that gave credence to their overreach, I would.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Do you think the 15.9% increase is fabricated? Those people didn't die?

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 05:01 PM
link   

They are deaths 'confirmed or presumed' Covid-19 and you (or I) simply don't know how many were BECAUSE of Covid-19.
Not precisely, of course. But that "presumed" means the the person did not have a COVID positive test before death. The physician used their expertise to determine it.

There must be some reason that there were large increases in deaths attributed to heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and pnuemonia. Maybe COVID had something to do with it. Or maybe it was something else.

There must be some reason there was a 15.9% increase in the death rate from 2019. But maybe it wasn't the pandemic.

If's, buts, and maybe's - that's about the only accurate representation of the Covid death numbers.

Do you have the same issue with other causes of death being determined this way or just specifically covid?

No. Not at the moment.
If the Govt decided to overreach based on other deaths and then publish unreliable numbers that gave credence to their overreach, I would.

Can you suggest have a more reliable source of numbers than the medical professionals actually issuing the death certificate?

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Do you think the 15.9% increase is fabricated? Those people didn't die?

No idea.
For all we know there could be double counts in the numbers.
Is somebody auditing these numbers?

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 05:04 PM
link   

In another thread "Why PA Rep. Russ Diamond Kicks Ass" in the second newsletter it highlights some of what I am on about particularly with the nursing homes that the results are incomplete and often contradictory. My better half is a medical professional and was upset about alot of what her place of business was doing with geriatrics during tom wolfs covid power grab. Without saying to much she had older patients die from certain things that were not covid related yet the report would say it was etc etc.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   

No. Not at the moment.

Can you suggest have a more reliable source of numbers than the medical professionals actually issuing the death certificate?

If I am reading your poor English correctly, you want another source?
If so, no. I don't believe any of the published numbers.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I don't believe any of the published numbers.

So you are operating in a vacuum. Going by your gut.
The numbers can't be right because you don't like what they say.

Confirmation bias.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I don't believe any of the published numbers.

So you are operating in a vacuum. Going by your gut.
The numbers can't be right because you don't like what they say.

Confirmation bias.

I am going by the fact that Birx admitted that people who were rushed to an ICU with heart disease or cancer or any other pre-existing condition, and died, were counted as Covid deaths. That seems pretty clear. I judged that she wasn't lying because she revealed it as a positive - as if the US was somehow better than other countries because of it.

Given we know this, where was her team getting their numbers from?
edit on 2/4/2021 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Without saying to much she had older patients die from certain things that were not covid related yet the report would say it was etc etc.

Yes. COVID related is not the same as COVID being the cause of death. We know this. We are looking at statistics which make the differentiation. Something caused the death rate to increase by 15.9% last year. COVID is the best candidate.

Of course, you can disregard the data if it conflicts with your world view. Those deaths were all fabricated those people probably never existed at all.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I am going by the fact that Birx admitted that people who were rushed to an ICU with heart disease or cancer or any other pre-existing condition, and died, were counted as Covid deaths.
COVID related. The cause of death is determined by the death certificate, not in daily reports to the CDC. And there were a lot more death certificates issued in 2020 than there were in 2019.

Given we know this, where was her team getting their numbers from?
From hospitals who had patients who died with a confirmed or presumed COVID infection.

edit on 4/2/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Without saying to much she had older patients die from certain things that were not covid related yet the report would say it was etc etc.

Yes. COVID related is not the same as COVID being the cause of death. We know this. We are looking at statistics which make the differentiation. Something caused the death rate to increase by 15.9% last year. COVID is the best candidate.

Of course, you can disregard the data if it conflicts with your world view. Those deaths were all fabricated those people probably never existed at all.

Disregarding your extremism, the number could be artificially high in the current report which has not yet been validated.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 05:16 PM
link   

No. Not at the moment.

If I am reading your poor English correctly, you want another source?
If so, no. I don't believe any of the published numbers.

Thankfully public policy isn't based round your paranoia.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Disregarding your extremism, the number could be artificially high in the current report which has not yet been validated.

Sure. They miscounted death certificates by hundreds of thousands. That's the ticket.

Confirmation bias.
edit on 4/2/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I can't wrap my head around the whole world so I am more interested in looking at something smaller that is why I choose my local area to see what is going on. Would you agree that the numbers generated for everywhere probably have a larger margin of error then what it would if it were more localized? I also understand what is true for one locale may not be true in another but honestly I think seeing what really is going on in my area is more beneficial to me then trying to understand what is going on everywhere as a whole.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I am going by the fact that Birx admitted that people who were rushed to an ICU with heart disease or cancer or any other pre-existing condition, and died, were counted as Covid deaths.
COVID related. The cause of death is determined by the death certificate, not in daily reports to the CDC. And there were a lot more death certificates issued in 2020 than there were in 2019.

What was the number reported to Birx and her team?

According to the worldwide stats published daily - which are coming from daily reports (not death certs) the number at the end of the year 2020 was close to the number apparently reported through death certificates.

That would seem odd, because not many of the cases of the pre-existing conditions resulting in admission an ICU that resulted in death - and were counted as Covid cases - could have been removed from the death certificate numbers.

edit on 2/4/2021 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Sure.

But the premise being presented by the OP is that the overall number of deaths nationwide was not unusual. So that's what's being discussed.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join