It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If this really is true then how does one cope with misinformation

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

In Japan, the educational system is being overhauled. Teachers are overworked horribly. Many drop out of the teaching field after 3 to 5 years. The decline in student behavior and bulling is on the rise. The young teachers have high hope, the smart ones these days try to get employment in the smaller countryside areas where parents area serious about their kids education system. Our child when through the whole school system K-1 thru 12. If you get into a class one High School or trade High School, you'll do fine. The school system here ( depends upon locations ) are set up in various degrees of job opportunities. Example. Fishing villages, tend to try to have a different subjects that gear in the fish area. Maybe just like the States. But overall, basic education ends at 9 th grade here. You don't have to go to high school in this country. High School is the 10th 11th and 12 th grade.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

If your situation is anything like ours in the US, you can be certain of only a few things.

1) You will never hear of any adverse effects or deaths caused by the experimental vaccine.
2) You will never be told the truth about the effectiveness of the vaccine.
3) You will never be told what is really IN the vaccine.
4) You will never be told how effective the vaccine is in protecting you from the variants of the bug.

So basically, (no pun intended), its a shot in the dark!

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: Blaine91555

I agree...why is it none of the people enforcing all these measures and telling us what we should and shouldn't do are in fact doctors?

They're politicians.

Also, doctors are are human too and just as falliable as anyone else.

I've heard doctors say some pretty dumb #...like the time one tried to tell me consuming sugar had nothing to do with contracting diabetes...or say...that doctor that got caught accepting lapdances in exchange for pushing opiates on patients.

Personally, I wouldn't trust Jack # an American doctor says. They have plenty of incentive to keep perpetual patients rather than cure anyone. It's kinda one of those side effects of a for profit medical system.

I'm not one to buy into conspiracies involving large numbers of people. I do however buy into the idea we are being bled dry by medical costs and overpriced pharmaceuticals.

No, I highly doubt doctors are trying to keep us sick. As it is there are not enough, so they don't need to compete. That and most MD's make no more than mid-level professionals. Considering the cost of getting the license to practice, they don't do it for the money.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Medical care is expensive in the US. But the team of doctors and technicians, along with the equipment they used to cure me of cancer was worth every penny. I have a wonderful daughter.
edit on 4/2/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Have you taken the time to actually read the info at VAERS in the reports?

I did and most deaths had comorbidity information that would make you wonder how they were still alive before they got the shot. I think most if not nearly all were coincidental deaths.

Yes, keeping informed is a good idea. Misinterpreting data leads to bad conclusions. Wanting something to be true is not the same as something being true. In this case, misinformation could harm others.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Medical care is expensive in the US. But the team of doctors and technicians, along with the equipment they used to cure me of cancer was worth every penny.

I've been saved multiple times throughout my life by surgeons.

I had an interesting conversation with the one who saved my life just four years ago. He was open about his earnings and what he made, which was surprisingly little. He's one of the busiest surgeons in Anchorage and he makes around 150K after the insurance company gets through with him. Very little for someone who spent a half-million on an education.

Now the hospital administrators, that's a different story. I know one of them here who has gone from being paid 350K to over 600K in the last decade or so. Seems to me, more should go to the doctors and less to the administrators.
edit on 4/2/2021 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: dug88

Protip: Never get medical advice from random online people. When I want advice I go straight to a trusted MD.

Yet here YOU are giving medical advice to random people online.

Actually, no I'm not. I'm saying people should get medical advice from medical professionals and not random people on the Internet. I'll add to that, people should also view websites hawking health products using fear as a sales tool as highly suspect.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   

a reply to: putnam6

Have you taken the time to actually read the info at VAERS in the reports?

I did and most deaths had comorbidity information that would make you wonder how they were still alive before they got the shot. I think most if not nearly all were coincidental deaths.

Yes, keeping informed is a good idea. Misinterpreting data leads to bad conclusions. Wanting something to be true is not the same as something being true. In this case, misinformation could harm others.

Most people don't delve into the details and just look at the tally of numbers. They also don't compare historical data. Vaccines are not and have never been perfect... And then within the VAERS data the notes can be quite enlightening as they are not only entered by medical professionals but also by relatives/normal people who were with the patients when they died, and many jump to conclusions.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

a reply to: EternalShadow

There have now been hundreds of millions of shots given with only a few people having issues. I think the jury is in on this one.

I think it's a bit early to call the verdict. We're still receiving discovery and it's only been a few months.

However, like I told my buddy ultimately, we're adults and we will do what we think is best for each of us.

More power to those hundreds of millions who couldn't control their fear over a virus with a 97-99% survival rate depending on age. All these hundreds of millions you speak of are hardly ALL elderly people.

Which means those that have practically no chance of dying from the virus are taking the vaccine for other reasons that are merely fear based policy initiative's that corner people into doing what they wouldn't do otherwise.

I'll wait for the 1 year anniversary and see where we're at.💯

I'm good with that.

My opinion is that it should be entirely voluntary and that each of us should make up our own minds.

In my case and at my age, Covid could easily kill me. I made my choice based on that. I'm glad I did since it appears the shots were perfectly safe. Were I still young and fit, I probably would have waited it out.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I probably would have waited it out.
In a lot of places, you still have to. Until your age group qualifies.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

We are now having lots of open appointments here and they are deciding on ways to make it easier, like walk-ins and drive-throughs. They have had those already. You want a shot here you can get it no problem.

If I recall people over 65 like me are 67% vaccinated. 41% of everyone has had at least the first shot. Some store pharmacies you can pretty much just call and go in, which is how my wife did it.

We plateaued as predicted and it's climbing again. Since those getting it now are young people, they don't expect the hospitals to be overwhelmed again. I think we are close to them opening Anchorage up fully. Our rules are separate from the states. No more quarantines for tourists who have had the shots. Things are looking up.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Being in hospitality, i did not expect it to be as busy as it is right now. Throughout Austin they still are only getting weekend business. We started selling out weekends over a month ago, right after the freeze rolled through.

It seems that cities are still rolling slow with regulations. But outside the cities, the city folk are flocking in to enjoy a taste of freedom.

We still require masking. And I think most folks are at the point of acceptance on that for now.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Since the CDC has relaxed travel recommendations for those who are vaccinated, I expect Hawaii will follow suit.

But even without that, quite a lot of tourists have been showing up. Nothing like 2019 though.
dbedt.hawaii.gov...

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

With tourism being such a mainstay here, things opening up will help heal a lot of financial wounds.

Masks are still required here also. I think most people go along to get along. A lot of them bitch a lot, but like I said, go along to get along.

Anchorage has the vibe of a much smaller city.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

we are budgeting 2021 based off 2019. Problem is, 2019 was only our first full year of operation in this location. We developed deep marketing roots and awareness over 2020 despite COVID. Went all in on social media (except tik tok...their users don't have money, they're kids) and kept pushing weddings and stuff.

Our problem right now is more business than people to handle it. Im doing 4 jobs, none of them well at this point. And im probably the least overworked person on the team right now. Right when we were trying to open up again...income tax season and stimulus checks kept our labor force at home.

It'll get better soon im sure. But our managers won't work 70 weeks for long without breaking down.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 03:25 PM
link   

we are budgeting 2021 based off 2019.

We are well and truly screwed, as far as any sort of state budget goes.

The construction industry (mine) hasn't been doing very badly though. My company just started a project which will cover overhead for 18 months or so. Small company, big project.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

One must cope with misinformation by presuming that everything you read in MSM is very much indeed MISINFORMATION. Step back a bit and realize that what is presented in MSM is what somebody somewhere wants you to think.

And of course the pharmaceutical companies want you to buy their products, so they advertise them incessantly on TV. We can thank Bill Clinton for that obnoxious reality.

In your research, information you read might strike you as being truthful and accurate deserves a vote, IMO.

Once you understand how they want you to think, the safest bet is to think the opposite. It's foolish to believe known liars.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

So, if it comes from youtube, if it comes from a blog, it must be true if it runs counter to MSM.

Real good critical thinking tip there. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Me too. Thank God

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Wife is peer employment counselor. They don't wanna work when they're getting unemployment from Covid.

Emotional, convicted, drug and alcohol, no license.

They wanted jobs...not now

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join