It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't cough, don't sneeze, don't even clear your throat

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

My parents were under martial law (the real thing) for three years.
Then it stopped.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

My old boss lived under martial law for a few years...then his family and friends were genocided and he was forced to escape his country.
edit on 1/4/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Yeah, but you're probably old and rich already.
My kid is due shortly and my industry has been murdered by intentional unrest for politics.
So, the live in the pods crowd are starting to piss me off.
I might joke about it if I was retired though..lol

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Yeah, I'm old. But not wealthy. I don't have any hope of retiring and keeping my home (which I love) at the same time. I'll be working until I can't. Because I love my home.

edit on 4/1/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified
What did the unmasked robber say to the convience store clerk? " This is a robbery. I have a cough and I'm not afraid to use it."
And I swear every time I'm in line to check out at Walmart I start feeling like I have to cough.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Mandroid7

Yeah, I'm old. But not wealthy. I don't have any hope of retiring and keeping my home (which I love) at the same time. I'll be working until I can't. Because I love my home.

Sorry to hear that. I hope it works out. This really sucks.
I just spent a year building my house myself via a miserable RV. Framing, plumbing, electrical etc...probably took years off my life and will be be forced into unloading it.
The only good thing is I bought my materials pre 500% markup, so it will be a bigger/actual profit hopefully.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Most people, 99.9%, are idiots.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I always try to cough out by the car to clear mucous out of my throat before going into a store. I get lots of mucous,, especially if I eat ice cream or drink milk. I can lessen the mucous....thin it... by taking a bromelain supplement an hour before going out, so I usually do that if I have had milk products.

I hate when I am drinking coffee in a restaurant now and it goes down the wrong pipe, I feel like someone with leprosy as everyone is staring at me. We have been to eat in a restaurant three times since march, and those crumby red lobster buns are a bitch, especially if you are talking while eating.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Just today, I was thinking certain aspects of masking in stores is good.

Some people are just pigs.
Some people still get too close for my comfort....and I think no one should ever crowd into another's personal space.

Part of me thinks anyone who every coughs or sneezes without covering the involved orifice should have to mask for the rest of their lives!!!!!!!!!!!
But those people have been health hazards before covid was a thing.
And we will never have a perfect world. LOL

As for spitting, it has always been a nasty, ugly habit.

I actually think masks in stores do have some good points. But we went to three stores and the accountant today and by the end of that time, my lungs were kind of messed up with the mask on so much. I worked construction for many years and the dust took a toll on my lungs and I removed asbestos from pipes on buildings about five times in the late sixties with my father with just hankies on our face. Worked on the family farm spraying DDT with just a bandana on too, it was perfectly safe to spray that stuff in the sixties according to science. I have huge lymph glands in my lungs according to a doctor who took pictures, the doctors all advised me to get away from dust...but I do have a problem with wearing a mask for hours.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I don't mind wearing a mask. It hides a lot of my ugly face.
Eyglasses work ok for the other half.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Look, I don't mind wearing masks. I really don't, but being told that I'm basically forced to wear a mask brings out my natural rebellious nature.

My thinking comes down to why should perfectly healthy people be restricted? If a person is legitimately concerned for their well-being why don't they stay home instead of venturing out?

Here in the US it's not unreasonable to for an at-risk individual to order groceries to be dropped off, or even utilize curbside pickup. An individual can work from home, and if their job doesn't have that option then the government, instead of throwing a bunch of pork in their stimulus bills could have applied it towards those who actually need to stay home.

The way the state governors have been handling the "pandemic" has been atrocious. It's easy to scapegoat Trump, but several governors are far more culpable in the mismanagement of their respective states.

Have we forgotten that the ones who have benefitted the most from this pandemic have been the very politicians saying they care about us.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Dude this guy is my hero.

Action starts at 3:14

Hmm.

If the roles were reversed, someone would have had him brought up on automatic hate crimes charges, methinks.
Anyway, did Asian dude ever get caught for that bike-swinging Hulksmash bull#?

There's no telling. It's highly ironic that the man who went into a rage wasn't even wearing a mask.

He must have just woke up on the wrong side of the bed that morning.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

I really don't, but being told that I'm basically forced to wear a mask brings out my natural rebellious nature.

That may be taken as a somewhat adolescent attitude. "I don't care if I might infect someone else. I don't want to wear a mask!"
edit on 4/2/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I know this is happening, in many places but darn I thank god this no the case in my neck of the woods as mask are not enforced in public or restaurants, a few business do but I avoid going to any of those places.

We create the world we live in, live in fear and that is what will be around you, live free and nothing to worry about.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

We create the world we live in, live in fear and that is what will be around you, live free and nothing to worry about.

How about respect? Is that not important? Respect for others, for example.

I don't fear the ocean but I do respect its dangers. Likewise, I don't fear COVID.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 09:56 PM
link   

That may be taken as a somewhat boomer attitude. The same logic can be applied inversely. "I don't care that the majority of people aren't as much at risk. The world should cater to me!"

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

"I don't care that the majority of people aren't as much at risk. The world should cater to me!"

The trouble with that is, you don't necessarily know who is at risk. Millennials are not immune, nor are their parents. But I guess you don't have parents, so that's cool.

But carry on in your selfish little world. Thinking only of yourself and how dreadful wearing a mask is.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I live with permanent strained vocal chords thanks to the mask and work. It's like having that vaguely raw throat feeling 24/7. Lucky for me my hay fever doesn't kick in until the fall round of allergies.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I know people who mask all day, trying to be good citizens, trying to keep their business afloat.
They complain about headaches, difficulty breathing.
My dentist is exhausted after a day of being masked.

It is VERY difficult to understand and be understood through the muffled masking.
People who have speech and hearing problems are most at risk for this issue.

It creates emotional, social and mental issues. We are less human. We cannot read people's faces. We do not know what people look like.
Very young children are most at risk here, IMHO.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:52 PM
link   

My parents and most everyone I interact with on a daily basis have similar sentiments. Nice try though. What's it like being isolated on a small island detached from the rest of the country while being fed BS through the media and government?

While we're at it, you must have glossed over the very first sentence in the post you initially responded to. The one where it says I don't mind wearing masks? It's cool though. I'm used to the appeals to emotion and being told I should feel terrible for being a selfish, disgusting bastard. The people who really know me know I'm quite the opposite.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join