It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matt Geatz story gets stranger than before.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ringsofsaturn777

originally posted by: Atsbhct

Except it's not false outrage. What you said was ridiculous and makes no sense.

"Wahhhh. Teenagers can take birth control and 0.005% of teens are decided to switch genders. Being underage shouldn't matter. Wahhh if the last president couldn't get Hunter Biden on underage charges, why should any underage rape count!?"

Youre the one who makes no sense.. it is idiotic to believe kids/minors can reasonably decide on life altering surgeries and hormone treatments, but not to sex.. only one can be true. Pick!

That's a huge over simplification. Should teenagers be able to "decide" to have sex with 38 year old men? No. And 38 year old men shouldn't be grooming teenagers to have sex with them.

And I'm not even saying Gaetz did this, I'm just saying, teenagers making other life decisions doesn't negate how wrong it would be on his part.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 02:53 PM
link   

That's a huge over simplification. Should teenagers be able to "decide" to have sex with 38 year old men? No.

I dont believe kids can reasonably decide to have sex OR reasonably decide to have life altering surgeries and hormone treatments... how about you?

It is the insane left who says yes to one and no to the other. That cant be the case.. it is one or the other.. PICK!
edit on 1-4-2021 by Ringsofsaturn777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Of course its possible but zero evidence at this point and he has denied it.. if they have real evidence bring it to a grand jury.

He denied 'traveling' with her, not banging her. Try again.

Politicians are really, really good at playing semantics.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
all we need now is a 17 year old girl. Oh wait, what?

Pretty sure you're aware that they typically don't reveal the identify of child sex crime victims to the public.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 03:06 PM
link   

a reply to: neo96

Except it's not false outrage. What you said was ridiculous and makes no sense.

"Wahhhh. Teenagers can take birth control and 0.005% of teens are decided to switch genders. Being underage shouldn't matter. Wahhh if the last president couldn't get Hunter Biden on underage charges, why should any underage rape count!?"

It feels like you are misrepresented what he is saying. What i read him to say is that we seem to have a disconnect in how we want to treat children sexually. On the one hand, we are allowing them to make irreversable decisions (regardless of how many it is...its not a public policy debate) and secure birth control. On the other hand we are lamenting child sex. And while I in no way would ever defend child sex, I have to wonder why the disconnect?

For the same reason adults shouldn't have sex with children, children should not be allowed to change their sexual organs or hormonal makeup. Its a decision no child is prepared to make. And similarly, if children are not prepared to make that decision, giving out birth control seems to be contrary to this notion. At least, giving it out without parental consent.

What you are trying to do is paint Neo's and other arguments in a way that is binary: either agree with me or you are a pedophile. And that is dishonest.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That's definitely not what I'm saying.

I'm saying that teenagers have sex. Typically with other teenagers. That's normal (at least where I'm from, and jusging by the U.S. teenage pregnancy rate, it's even more normal there).

What ISN'T normal is a 38 year old approaching or having any kind of sexual relations with a 17 year old.

They're still under age and the power dynamic/life experience gap makes it wrong on so many levels.

As for the trans aspect, I don't really have an opinion, and for how often that's actually happening in teenagers/kids, especially hormonally, it's really, really overblown and has nothing to do with if a 38 year old man had sex with a 17 year old.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 03:21 PM
link   

They're still under age..

In a very large portion of the United States they are not.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

True.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Believe it or not, in Florida, where this pervert lives, it's 18. You'd figure it be 12 or something in that messed up state.

edit on 1-4-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Florida had high hopes for itself.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   

The individual children who are being mutilated might disagree one day. But i digress.

In the US we sexualize children, then pretend we didn't do it. We tinker with their plumbing, then act like they have the wherewithal to make that decision.

I think asking for some sanity is warranted. And since this Gaetz story has no real details, i can see why folks are discussing related elements.

I doubt Neo wants child sex to happen.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   

You are incorrect.. he denied both.

edit on 1-4-2021 by Ringsofsaturn777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Quote?

NVM, I found it, I guess the DoJ made this girl up back in the summer just to be mean to him. As a politician I don't believe him, if he told me water was wet I'd think he was lying.

edit on 1-4-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 03:43 PM
link   

So because teenagers can take birth control you think it's fine for gross old men (or women) to groom them and take advantage of them?

If you can't get them pregnant, might as well r*pe them. Makes a ton of sense. 👌

Please. That's a mighty big leap. And a mighty big accusation.

If he's broken laws, then of course he should be charged and prosecuted and judged by a jury of his peers. If he hasn't broken any laws, but the evidence shows he's a creepy perverted dirty old man, then we can name him and shame him.

But there are far more serious crimes and victims to reserve our compassion and outrage for. Crimes which are routinely minimized and belittled by many of the same folks screaming bloody murder right now. By the same party that champions birth control and abortions and puberty blockers and cross-sex hormones for minors as well. It's all about sex positivity and bodily control until it actually happens...

I seriously doubt that anyone thinks either party used their best judgment (if the accusations are even true). But I'll reserve my contempt and condemnation for the most violent and brutal predators... and my sympathy and compassion for the most violated and brutalized.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Quote?

NVM, I found it, I guess the DoJ made this girl up back in the summer just to be mean to him. As a politician I don't believe him, if he told me water was wet I'd think he was lying.

agreed.

But the same can be said about the DOJ and FBI.

A den of snakes, now protected by our troops behind a wall.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Do you think that kids are capable of reasonably deciding to undergo life changimg surgeries to change their sexual organs etc or dont you?

Youre not addressing the absurdity of ppl who claim that kids can reasonbly decide to mutilate their sex organs etc. but not reasonably make choices about whether or who to have sex with... would you like to address it?

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
But the same can be said about the DOJ and FBI.

The leadership, maybe, but certainly not the rank and file. Every federal politician is a lying scumbag as far as I am concerned.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Always such a drama queen.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Always such a drama queen.

Because I think politicians lie? LOL, okay. You believe him then, see how far that gets you.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

If he's broken laws, then of course he should be charged and prosecuted and judged by a jury of his peers. If he hasn't broken any laws, but the evidence shows he's a creepy perverted dirty old man, then we can name him and shame him.

I feel like people are just overall a lot calmer with him, and the other Republicans who have been charged.

The right and Q crowd have been loudly against the politician cest pool (and rightfully so). But when it's someone on the right, it's "they're being framed", "let's wait for the trial", "its in a legal gray zone" or all kinds of other excuses.

The problem with politicians is there's no consistency of expectations from voters. Both sides will defend their guy, and clearly the left does have a lot of deviant characters in their ranks. They'll defend their guys while acting like moral champions and saviors so long as it's an opponent facing accusations.

We just need to draw the line in the sand, be consistent, and hold our employees accountable.

Now, I still say we wait for the trial to say he did it, he deserves his day in court and it's his right. But I think it's weird that people on both sides have made up their minds.... damning him and going our of one's way to find benefit of the doubt are both bad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join