It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm wondering if a Federal Class-Action Lawsuit would work?

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 05:42 AM
link   
For the first time in my life, it was suggested that I buy a gun for Protection.

So, with everything that's happened since George Floyd died last year, if the Minneapolis Police Officers are Acquitted, can a Federal Class-Action Lawsuit be filed against:

- BLM. the so-called Black Lives Matter Organization

- Antifa - another organization which coordinates with BLM

- the News Media for spreading misinformation Nationwide, Slander/Libel

- any talk-show hosts who claimed or even suggested that the Police were Murderers

- any authorities who let these groups get away with Rioting, Looting, Arson, Murder, Inciting a Public Panic, Inciting to Riot, Extortion

For all of the Civil Unrest that everyone has had to deal with or just worry about, should we all file a gigantic lawsuit?
edit on 1-4-2021 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I don't know anything about class action lawsuits, as lawsuits are stupid....
but you should absolutely own a firearm for protection.

Protection from criminals- specifically the ones "elected" that want to remove all of your freedom an inch at a time.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

It's an interesting idea... but we'd have to get past "standing." In other words, all parties to the lawsuit would have to be able to prove particular harm to themselves, rather than simply general harm to all. I'd like to think there's someone clever enough to find a way to do so. Someone with a clear understanding of the law and the issues and can present it in the proper legal terms.

I'd really really like to think so...

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 06:40 AM
link   
You can sue the Pope for bastardizing, but collecting is another thing.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Sure. Sue everyone, for every possible upset. Make some lawyers very rich, but others, not so much.

And, if you win! - actually what would you win in a class action?

edit on 1/4/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

- actually what would you win in a class action?

I think the average payout is around 25 CENTS per person. Only the lawyers make money on that crap.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Just get the protection. Law suits are the least of your worries. America has been turned on its head. Open disrespect for your flag, the military is about feelings, and your news cycle propaganda would make Cold War soviets stiff with excitement.The promotion of hateful religious or none at all and the dispersal of peaceful ones.

America has serious transsocial-homocovidification going on with a nice thick coating of racial division salted to taste.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   
See how you are required to hold insurance for your health? How much do you think premiums will be on your guns? Will those who cannot afford costly insurance be attacked in their homes by the bad cops?

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Insurrection and sedition are fitting statutes...you know the same ones being touted at the other party.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
I don't know anything about class action lawsuits, as lawsuits are stupid....
but you should absolutely own a firearm for protection.

And know how to use it well... If a person doesn't put in the effort to learn their gun(s) then don't buy one and just take whatever bad comes your way...

There will always be wolves and guard dogs around the sheep, pick which one you want to be and live with it.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Start by indicting Soros and his Newspeak-titled "Open Society Foundation" for supporting terrorism by their funding of those criminal terrorist organisations.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
See how you are required to hold insurance for your health? How much do you think premiums will be on your guns? Will those who cannot afford costly insurance be attacked in their homes by the bad cops?

The crooked Insurance Industry has been and is nothing more than the Money Laundering arm of the evil Cabal.....we have Billions of People living in mold ridden homes and working in toxic buildings dieing of cancer by the millions because of Insurance Company frauds....WCB---Auto-Home-Business-Life all types of insurance are nothing more than a scam Ponzi-Scheme today.

I have spent over ten years here on ATS hammering the spit out of the Global Cabal any way I can because WCB Canada 100% screwed me over with FRAUD.... they tried to kill me with forced tests and medications ....then as a last resort went with just completely lieing and defrauding me....forcing me into poverty.....as they have done to THOUSANlDS AND THOUSANDS BEFORE ME.....to be sure they have paid dearly for their error in poking the wrong pony....and the paying has only just begun....by the time this is all over they will be broken for good....their warchest is just one of many that are now being drained completely.....once the lifeblood or money has been adequately drained away then the remediations will continue until complete.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 02:21 AM
link   

edit on 2-4-2021 by CryHavoc because: New thread

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 02:51 AM
link   

The idea of a civil suit, class action or not, is to recover losses and be compensated for pain and suffering. If there is no measurable loss that can be recovered financially, there is no law suit.

For example, how have you personally suffered a loss to blm or antifa? Is whatever reason you come up with something a court could restore?

In general, we would be much better off filing criminal charges for the many offenses racked up in the last few years but that requires courts and DA's willing to say the actions were indeed criminal. That is not likely to occur. It seems people are more concerned about being pc than they are with upholding the law. That is what you get with liberals in office. The only laws that are ever broken are when republicans do something, anything.

A liberal can look you straight in the eyes and tell you an illegal alien is not a criminal and has not broken any laws. These same liberals can also look you straight in the eyes and say your toxic whiteness and toxic masculinity is so offensive and threatening to liberals that you qualify as a homegrown terrorist. And if you own a gun? Forget it. You are on the short road to the re-education camps to be reprogrammed to fit into the liberal sheeple society. No will, no thought, no responsibility, no personal property. You just exist to vote democrat and pay taxes so other people can have free stuff. Because if they don't get their free stuff, they burn down buildings, loot liquor stores and kill innocent people during the peaceful protests over a convicted felon who od'd on fentanyl.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 03:34 AM
link   

edit on 3-4-2021 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join