It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

so, you wanna stop illegal immigration...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 01:29 AM
link   
“We need more illegal immigrants” said the moron

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
Stop them. That’s my point. Stop them.

It very easy to do

Why oppose even trying to stop them?

Seems that isn't your call and you should probably ask those who's call it is.

But that really has nothing to do with you telling hispanics they are welcomed, if the apply. What was the point of that?
edit on 1-4-2021 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

It’s the law

What’s the point of the law?

And those who it ‘is their call’ want to stop illegal immigration

The dEms OPPOSE illegal immigration. It’s their call and they want to stop it.

So why do they reverse great measures that were working?

You oppose illegal immigration, why? What’s the point?

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 01:34 AM
link   
All immigrants are welcome if they apply and qualify

Build a wall - it’s effective
And support the wall with technology and manpower

DEPORT immediately all illegals who are discovered REGARDLESS of any family status

The more they are discouraged - the BETTER their country will become. Because people will stay and make the change they want to see
edit on 1 4 2021 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: stormson

wanna stop illegal immigration, bomb the cartels.

I don't think a massive spending campaign is wise right now. Everyone is talking about blowing money right now, including everyone in charge right now.

Aside from that, we've had the war on drugs for decades... I'm all for doubling down sometimes when it's sensible, but at this point with that "war", trying the same thing over again constitutes insanity.

Maybe federally legalize Marijuana and at least generate revenue at home instead of spending against it. I'm not saying we legalize everything, but weed is less harmful than alcohol and would take a lot of revenue away from cartels... Maybe it keeps more people away from the actual bad drugs, but I know that's me probably being optimistic.

I do think you were on to something with the reason for illegal immigration has a lot to do with jobs... Maybe we actually do something with E-verify since it could be a cheap way to make things a bit more transparent. Companies are exploiting cheap labor, and we don't know who's here, that had a long list of problems.

If the jobs can't be filled by Americans, we can offer temporary work visas to people who try to get here the right way and are vetted. We know they're here, and they're just trying to work for their families, well intentioned people for the most part.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak
I think we have steered pretty far from the OP, which was a skewed view of stopping it at the source.

My point was that you stating the obvious was pretty pointless and that the reality of the situation leads to people breaking the law so why bring up a process that many these people can't use?

As for you following post, many illegals fly in and overstay visas. A wall isn't going to work there and it really isn't going to stop people from going over, under and around.

You can't also deport immediately, there is a process for that as well and the US gov does follow that.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 01:47 AM
link   

I know. My views are slightly harsh and maybe that single comment was pointless (like 90% of ATS posts) but still, some massive discouraging needs to be put in place.
The flight of decent people from their country only harms their country.

And as for overstayers. It’s very hard for criminals to obtain legal plane tickets visa etc so the rapists drug dealers and mules aren’t really using the airlines.

The wall is definitely effective at slowing those people.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: JinMI
The cia would like a word with you.

The cartels and the CIA go together like peanut butter and chocolate. It's too lucrative for the CIA, they protect 2-3 cartels like a protection racket, bust, or undermine the rest. Provide logistical support etc.

Incoming reducation sqad.

Please stand by.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

The cia would like a word with you.

The cartels and the CIA go together like peanut butter and chocolate. It's too lucrative for the CIA, they protect 2-3 cartels like a protection racket, bust, or undermine the rest. Provide logistical support etc.

Incoming reducation sqad.

Please stand by.

I don't think they're even trying to hide it anymore.

Our soldiers were (are still?) protecting the poppy fields in Afghanistan while there's an opiod epidemic at home... Which magically came back after we invaded the number one opium producer.... Dejavu.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
I know. My views are slightly harsh and maybe that single comment was pointless (like 90% of ATS posts) but still, some massive discouraging needs to be put in place.

It's understandable.

The flight of decent people from their country only harms their country.

Not really, there are many out of work. They are not doing anything productive even if they stay.

If you are getting that idea from the gum ball video, the US is still taking that million best of the best off the top from around the world every year. They have no problem getting approved.

And as for overstayers. It’s very hard for criminals to obtain legal plane tickets visa etc so the rapists drug dealers and mules aren’t really using the airlines.

If a criminal has no record, they can pull it off. Mules are obviously chosen because they can get or have visas.

The wall is definitely effective at slowing those people.

By how much? A minute to climb up and over? Those crawling through tunnels will move at the same pace.

edit on 1-4-2021 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Better than nothing

The wall is near completion. Digging ain’t easy. Technology can help the wall and common places of crossing will have more manpower there so climbing will be limited.
Satellites can see caravans coming

Doing NOTHING and saying “they’ll come anyway” will only make it worse.

(post by Brotherman removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak
Something has always been done and yet the illegal population doesn't stop growing.

Maybe, just maybe, that something has always just been a show, like stories and images of prohibition era cops busting and pouring out booze while it also continued to flow in the speakeasies?

I'm sure that if/when TPTB want to actually do something about it, they will.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 02:23 AM
link   

But But Daskakik where would they get their coc aine from if they did? Where would they sell all their surplus weapons? Who would they hire for wet works on american soil? Who else would help launder all their dirty money?

Come on

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Trump just had policies in place that fixed the crisis on the border. A quick look at your posting history shows you voted for the guy that caused the crisis to restart after it just got sorted out and now children are being locked in cages again due to your vote. Unsure how you sleep at night.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormson
well, if you wanna stop illegal immigration, first try figuring out why they would risk a thousand mile journey to pick fruit for 12 hrs a day, constantly look over their shoulder for the law, and think its a better life.

answer: the cartels

wanna stop illegal immigration, bomb the cartels.

All of you naive people that think they are just mowing lawns, picking fruit and folding laundry need to go have a look at the construction trade in Florida and almost every other state.

Jobs that should be paying 30+ an hour are paying 10-15.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Fine the crap out of any business that hires an illegal. Put them out of business. That WILL stop illegal immigration. But, there's no will to punish those who hire them, so illegal immigration will continue.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Migrant agricultural workers are generally not the problem. They usually return to Mexico following the growing season. Another guy I know and I talked to some of them once. Basically what they do is work for the growing season and then return to Mexico where they live like kings due to the exchange rates. It's too expensive for them to stay in the US year round. Migrant construction workers are a little different matter because there is no particular season for building things like homes. But migrant workers in general aren't really the larger problem. It's the illegals who come into the country looking for free stuff (predominantly health care), who have no intention of working. They have networks of people who show them the ropes of the welfare systems and various other government programs. The other group of problem illegals are the ones who come into the country as an extension of the drug cartels and gangs in Mexico. Both of the last two groups are the main problem.

Migrant workers as a whole are a fairly well behaved and respectful group. Not so for the freeloaders, cartel and gang members.

The solution as I see it is kind of two-fold. I think you have to actually make it easier for migrant workers to enter the country, while at the same time shutting the border down completely to all other migrants. So, how would you do this? Well, one way would be to establish a system where employers could reserve slots for migrants (not down to the name or anything, but just a way to track numbers by state). Yes, this would add some complexity and cost, but sometimes solutions aren't always easy one-step solutions.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
Fine the crap out of any business that hires an illegal. Put them out of business. That WILL stop illegal immigration. But, there's no will to punish those who hire them, so illegal immigration will continue.

They tried that, and it doesn't work...at all. Think about it; do you want the companies who supply your food to go out of business? Green beans will go from $1/lb. to $9/lb. What they found was there are some jobs that American workers just will not do, no matter how much you pay them. Agricultural work is one of these areas.

Besides, do you really want a guy making $30/hr. picking your green beans?? I don't think so.

Too many people think the immigration problem is an easy quick-fix, and it's not. It's a very complex issue with lots of downsides and gotcha's.

Ironically though, one thing which would really help the problem is...the wall! At least then you can control the entry and type of migrants. Could some people fool the system? Sure they could, but it would only be a tiny fraction of how many show up today! For example, mamacita shows up with a newborn infant baby. You know she's not going to work in the fields or in a hotel. Or, Hector-gangbanger shows up covered in tattoos and sporting a gold grille and can't pass a pee test. He's not going to work in the fields either. Or, some unaccompanied 7 year old kid shows up. Nope, they're all going back. Is it profiling? Damn right it is, but we need to get over that S# in this country! Illegals don't have the same rights, and people need to understand this.

ETA - People have these really bold ideas to solve the illegal problem, but when that problem affects them personally in another way they hadn't thought of all you get from them after that is **crickets**. How much do you think your house is going to cost if all the roofers are making $60/hr? And, the carpenters are making $90/hr.? Your $200,000 dollar house is suddenly going to cost you $600,000!
edit on 4/1/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

What the previous administration did worked.

Those immigrants and refugees that went through proper process are admitted. Those that are trying to circumvent the law and the process everyone else follows are not.
That’s just it, the policies enacted by the previous administration WORKED, I mean, really truly worked.

Crossings were at an all time low, I’m not saying it was closed up entirely, people still get through, but the correct analogy would be, reduced to a “trickle”.

That is how you can tell this Administration is ruling based on emotion. They really don’t have a clue as to what they’re doing other than copying other administrations.

They are scared. They should be. Do you know that both biden and harris have been avoiding the cameras? With an emboldened China, Border Crisis surge and an economy about to be wrecked by Progressive wish lists....

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join