It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

so, you wanna stop illegal immigration...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 11:23 PM
link   
well, if you wanna stop illegal immigration, first try figuring out why they would risk a thousand mile journey to pick fruit for 12 hrs a day, constantly look over their shoulder for the law, and think its a better life.

answer: the cartels

wanna stop illegal immigration, bomb the cartels.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: stormson

I don't think the ruling elite politicians have any interest in stopping illegal immigration (Well, one guy did but he was orange.)

You expect average Joe Six-Pack to wage war on Mexican cartels?

edit on 31-3-2021 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

You expect average Joe Six-Pack to wage war on Mexican cartels?

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 12:10 AM
link   

What the previous administration did worked.

Those immigrants and refugees that went through proper process are admitted. Those that are trying to circumvent the law and the process everyone else follows are not.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Nope, making less than $6USD a day, when they can even find work is the main motivator. The biggest push comes from relatives visiting from the US telling them how they make 2 or even 3 times that in one hour.

Many locals don't see the cartels the way they are presented to the american population.

Yes, many refugees will cite them as a reason for fleeing, and in some cases it might be true, but most are just using what they can to get a foot in the door.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Sorry, these illegals are not coming here just to pick fruit and Vegetables. Have you had any work done on your house lately? Roofers? All Hispanic. How about any buildings going up? All Hispanic. You need your property landscaped? All Hispanic. Look at the road crews. Mostly Hispanic. Everyone says that they are just doing the work that Americans don't want to do. Nope, not really. All of the above work was done by both Black and White Crews. Now, the Hispanics have undercut the wages that they have priced the Black and White workers out of the competition.

Go to Home Depot or Lowes to the contractor's desk and see the line of Hispanic workers waiting on their equipment for the job for the day. The female Hispanics have taken over the Hotel/Motel industry as cleaning ladies. Who do you think did those jobs before all these illegal immigrants came flooding into our country.

Go out west and you will see that almost all the lower-paying jobs are filled by Hispanics. It's not the Americans who will not do these jobs, they just will not work for the low pay that the Hispanics will work for.

The best fix for this influx of Hispanic and other illegals coming to the USA is to stop giving them jobs! They will stop coming. The way to do that is to Fine very heavily the Employers that give illegals work. I'm not talking about a couple of hundred dollars. We need to make it hurt the business owners in the pocketbook!

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 12:34 AM
link   
The cia would like a word with you.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: sharbur2002

And nobody wants to stop Hispanics at all

Not President Trump, not the Republican Party, not ANYONE

But we want them to APPLY!!!!!

Fill out the application LIKE EVERYONE ELSE HAS TO!!

DONT just sneak across the river like a criminal. It destroys the economy.

It really seems to me like 50% of people really don’t understand that ‘ILLEGAL immigration’ is in NO WAY related to ‘immigration’

Your idea is a good one- fine companies who hire undocumented migrants. And ENFORCE those fines
edit on 1 4 2021 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
The cia would like a word with you.

The cartels and the CIA go together like peanut butter and chocolate. It's too lucrative for the CIA, they protect 2-3 cartels like a protection racket, bust, or undermine the rest. Provide logistical support etc.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak
Seems many americans don't realize that many circumvent the process because they have no chance of approval.

I know, tough, sucks to be them. Crossing illegally is their answer to that.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Everyone knows that. Those who don’t qualify, sneak in.

Anyone with criminal convictions have no chance of approval in ANY country on Earth

Sad one. Who cares? Doesn’t suddenly make it ok to sneak in.

Don’t rape. Don’t steal. Get a fricken education and jump through the hoops and strive to qualify like everyone else has to

I had to. Just being from South America is not a reason to be allowed to sneak in.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 01:10 AM
link   
It isn't just criminal pasts. There are quotas. Nobody's fault just the way it is.

Didn't say it made it ok, just that this was the reason why it is done, and why saying "we don't mind them coming, as long as they apply" is rather pointless.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 01:15 AM
link   

There are quotas in every country on earth

Every one of them has immigration control. If there is a porous border - seal it!

There is absolutely ZERO reason for not increasing border security and border protection if there is a massive problem with illegal crossings.

Illegal immigration damages the country. That’s why every country and every single leader on earth opposes it.

Everyone knows why people sneak in. Saying ‘they don’t qualify so they have to’ is rather pointless.

Just stop them from crossing. No brainer. If there’s a zero percent chance of getting away with an illegal crossing, the numbers of those trying will decrease.

The issues in South American countries are NOT the fault of American citizens and not the responsibility of the American government either

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Who said otherwise?

I was just replying to that pointless statement made by you.

If you know they "have to because they don't qualify" why did you bother asking that they apply?

edit on 1-4-2021 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 01:22 AM
link   

I just meant if you don’t qualify for immigration status then you can not immigrate

Sad one

Secure the border and end this issue. No other country on earth has government parties that are opposed to a secure border

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
I just meant if you don’t qualify for immigration status then you can not immigrate

But they can, illegally.

Secure the border and end this issue. No other country on earth has government parties that are opposed to a secure border

But most, if not all, have illegals.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 01:25 AM
link   

And they ALL oppose the illegals. Every single one.
When they discover an ‘illegal’ - they deport

Every
Single
Time

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: sharbur2002
I had a good kek there at your limited exposure to the real world. I live in Florida, roofing is brutal. But no hispanics have not taken ALL of the construction jobs. Plenty of regulaar American white and black folks are in roofing and road work. Heck i see more black folks on the job when roads are being redone than hispanics. Its a pretty dated perception you have actually.

It has less to do with wage and more to do with too many spoiled people just growing up soft. That kind of work is for folks who can handle or even enjoy brutal environmental exposure for long hours. It just so happens those of us with Central and South American backgrounds are people of the sun. Based on my experince and decades of interaction with people in these industries, you see mostly Mexican/Central american, Puerto Rican , Dominican hispanics. I also knew many blacks, Polish and Eastern European types employed in the industry as well. Common factor, they pretty much all American citizens or residents.

Colombians and Cubans more frequently run their own businesses. How often do you see Argentinans, Chileans, Spaniards in these positions?? Well then again, im sure were all Mexican or Puerto Rican to you 😝

An uncle on my wifes side is an American citizen of Mexican heritage that owns his own development/ construction busienss. He does not hire illegals. If you do somehow can prove a job site is loaded with illegals, i promise you the contractor is a white dude though lol.😂

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 01:27 AM
link   
So do you, but that doesn't stop them.

What was your point?

edit on 1-4-2021 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Stop them. That’s my point. Stop them.

It very easy to do

Why oppose even trying to stop them?

You oppose them too.

<<   2  3 >>

join