It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube to Start Hiding Dislikes From Users

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 02:25 AM
link   
For years now I've automatically hit dislike on vids that hides their vote buttons, and will continue to do so out of principle.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88
Yeah. I was being facetious.
I can't post video but Muta (Some Ordinary Gamers channel) did a pretty good video about this yesterday.
You won't be able to see which "too good to be true" things are actually scams.
The "too good to be true" part should be enough to give it away but without all the dislikes visible, it may seem like a tempting offer to less suspicious minds.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

Wonder if it's got anything to do with a certain YouTube channel consistently having an at least 4:1, at best, dislike to like ratio.

Highly unlikely, YouTube has never really played that game.

It's more likely due to problems with advertisers not want g their ads on down voted videos, and with the number of big media companies that are hitting down voted when they post SJW content. Like Disney being down voted over High Republic.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: Edumakated

So Google's decided it's no longer going to display dislikes on videos to users. Creators will still be able to see their own dislikes, however other users will not.

Wonder if it's got anything to do with a certain YouTube channel consistently having an at least 4:1, at best, dislike to like ratio.

Anyway, no more laughing at Biden's massive dislike count on every video. The memeing was too much for them to take I suppose.

mobile.twitter.com...

In response to creator feedback around well-being and targeted dislike campaigns, we're testing a few new designs that don't show the public dislike count.

The msm and Biden can't even get decent likes on videos yet we are supposed to belive he got 80 million votes.

'Likes and UNlikes' are not much different than actual election votes.
They can all now be erased and changed to suit the Left's wants and needs.

It doesn't matter who voted for whom and why.

The *only* thing that matters in elections is who's *counting* the votes and for whom.

ETA - I think it was either Lenin or Stalin who first said that...

edit on 4/1/2021 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 09:19 AM
link   

From what I saw, the dislike button will still be there, it just won't show the count. So clicking it won't do anything but show YouTube how big the opposition is. If they follow through with this, I won't be watching anything that has the comments disabled.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 09:19 AM
link   
It would renew my faith in humanity...if those on the Left here, would admit this is completely wrong.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I wouldn't hold my breath. They seem to like buttons that don't do anything -

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: underpass61
Clicking dislike won't show anything.
But when you've moved on to another video and are no longer watching, they'll switch it to a like!

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Highly unlikely, YouTube has never really played that game.

Where've you been for the last few months?

www.bbc.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   

From what I known to be a decent guy subscribers have been deleted from his channel and I hear simular rumours from other people. If you'd ask me youtube has been compremized and sold out to tptb. Very sad development.. Some youtubers have left youtube because of the corruption...

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 11:03 AM
link   

So Google's decided it's no longer going to display dislikes on videos to users. Creators will still be able to see their own dislikes, however other users will not.

Anyway, no more laughing at Biden's massive dislike count on every video. The memeing was too much for them to take I suppose.

mobile.twitter.com...

In response to creator feedback around well-being and targeted dislike campaigns, we're testing a few new designs that don't show the public dislike count.

If they are going to hide the dislike count then they should hide the upvote count, the date of upload, the video title, the URL, everybody's faces in the video, and the website itself.
edit on 1-4-2021 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   
If Youtube did this corporately it's pretty bad, if Youtube did this because of some pressure from the DNC or the Whitehouse it shows our new President is as dickless and as egotistical as many assumed our last President was/is.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 07:19 PM
link   

i reported this as well very early, as well as the FACT that Biden's accounts in Twitter and Facebook only have 9.3-a bit over 10 million followers, and I am guessing quite a bit of those are actual bots made up by google/youtube/twitter. You know, like they claim that most Trump supporters are "bots/trolls" for posting factual data that undermines the left's/never-Trumper's lies.

When the never-Trumpers claim that their opposition is mostly bots, it's because THEY are the ones using bots... Similar to how people whom have committed crimes are most of the people whom believe everyone has committed crimes...

edit on 2-4-2021 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

edit on 2-4-2021 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   
YouTubePravda Deleted 2.5 Million ‘Dislikes’ From Biden White House Videos, Data Indicates...

The channel has posted more than 300 videos that have garnered nearly 3.7 million dislikes of which nearly 2.5 million were removed, according to data posted on the website 81m.org. The author of the website started to track the engagement on January 26 and has published all the data as well as the methodology used to collect it, but wouldn’t comment on his or her identity when asked via email.

The Epoch Times

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Removing the likes wont make us think you aren't scumbags.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 02:27 PM
link   
We dont like to get ratiod
infinite sadness.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Somehow, youtube users don't dislike my comments. I noticed, that mainly possible secret agencies like/dislike the youtube comments, instead of ordinary people. Those who become naughty, will be kicked out from the Google, and can no longer login. This remains secret, noone will ever know. So dislikes will become unnecassary. This is an example, what kind of people recieve dislikes:

TWTWTWTWTWTWTWTWTWTW (Probably all know this from the GSM wap era)

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 07:03 AM
link   

edit on 6-4-2021 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 07:12 AM
link   

So they finally caught up to ATS?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join