It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube to Start Hiding Dislikes From Users

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 08:20 PM
link   
“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

- Voltaire or some White Supremacist.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: dug88
So Google's decided it's no longer going to display dislikes on videos to users. Creators will still be able to see their own dislikes, however other users will not.

Wonder if it's got anything to do with a certain YouTube channel consistently having an at least 4:1, at best, dislike to like ratio.

Anyway, no more laughing at Biden's massive dislike count on every video. The memeing was too much for them to take I suppose.

mobile.twitter.com...

In response to creator feedback around well-being and targeted dislike campaigns, we're testing a few new designs that don't show the public dislike count.

The msm and Biden can't even get decent likes on videos yet we are supposed to belive he got 80 million votes.

'Likes and UNlikes' are not much different than actual election votes.
They can all now be erased and changed to suit the Left's wants and needs.

Can we do mail-in likes?

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

I guess next they'll hide the number of viewers. I'm not looking unless I can dislike it.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Meh so we evolve instead of disliking being disabled we just post we dislike. We must become the hydra. Let them fear the truth, the truth will still reveal itself no matter.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 09:29 PM
link   

So Google's decided it's no longer going to display dislikes on videos to users. Creators will still be able to see their own dislikes, however other users will not.

Wonder if it's got anything to do with a certain YouTube channel consistently having an at least 4:1, at best, dislike to like ratio.

Anyway, no more laughing at Biden's massive dislike count on every video. The memeing was too much for them to take I suppose.

mobile.twitter.com...

In response to creator feedback around well-being and targeted dislike campaigns, we're testing a few new designs that don't show the public dislike count.

The msm and Biden can't even get decent likes on videos yet we are supposed to belive he got 80 million votes.

That's exactly why this sounds a little odd to me. Why not just bump up the likes, no one would ever know. Why are they even putting this out there - Sowing more dissent and division?

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoser793

mobile.twitter.com...

Why not just bump up the likes, no one would ever know.

Because the dislikes hurt feels...they must not be allowed to be seen or heard.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Imagine if ATS took the same approach.
Imagine if Mods deleted every post that disagrees with the OP.
Imagine if Mods only allowed threads with one political point of view...and deleted all others.
edit on 31-3-2021 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

OK. Crank up the likes and wipe out most of the dislikes. They could do that easily.

But announcing removal of the dislike altogether ... another log on the censorship fire to stir up 1A supporters?

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 09:41 PM
link   

It's not just that but also the MSM coverage of Covid-19... the fear-mongering videos have extremely poor like to dislike ratios, worse than even Biden videos. It must really irk them to know so many people can see straight through their propaganda. However I did not expect YouTube to take such a drastic step and I predict a huge amount of backlash as a result of this decision because the like/dislike ratio is one of the most important indicators to the quality of a video.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 09:42 PM
link   

How...IRONIC!!!

Don't you think??

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoser793
a reply to: IAMTAT

OK. Crank up the likes and wipe out most of the dislikes. They could do that easily.

I think we can assume they already are doing this...it's apparently not enough, so more drastic measures are needed.

It's also no secret that YT already tamps down on the numbers count of viewers of LIVE events they disapprove of.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
Meh so we evolve instead of disliking being disabled we just post we dislike. We must become the hydra. Let them fear the truth, the truth will still reveal itself no matter.

Brilliant. Could force their hand to either disable comments or re-enable dislikes. All dumb ideas are easily undermined.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

I guess next they'll hide the number of viewers. I'm not looking unless I can dislike it.

I won't know if I like a video or not anymore because I'm so easily swayed by the opinions of others.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: Bluntone22

right you are here's a screen shot.

And I just took a screen shot just now of the same video (not sure how to load it yet) and now, after your photo, whenever you took it, the video has only 1.7 K dislikes, seeming 8 hundred dislikes have gone missing, after, interesting.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

No...but a practical example of why this is bad...

Say I wanna learn how to do something somewhat dangerous, or complicated or techical or something so I do the reasonable thing and search up a Youtube video...I find three videos each with similar amounts of views, all three.with comments turned off, currently, I could see between the three videos, say for example, one's got overwhelming dislikes, one's got a 50/50 split for likes and dislikes, the other has mostly likes and almost no dislikes.

Which one seems like the one that's probably most likely to be the best resource with info that's likely to help me the most?
edit on 31/3/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

that's funny,.

could it have been from another source posting the same video?

try this link ,
www.youtube.com...

yeah it has changed since i posted it.
edit on 31-3-2021 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-3-2021 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Looks like this will actually be a new optional feature for creators. That makes a lot more sense but is still a kind of pointless feature because creators can already hide the like/dislike ratio. However media companies have learned that disabling comments and likes is not a good look and probably also reduces views due to less user interaction. Disabling dislikes and allowing only likes doesn't really fix the first issue, if anything it looks worse than hiding the likes and dislikes completely. But at least it lets us know which channels don't respect their viewers enough to allow scrutiny.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

This image was captured after you posted yours, a bit earlier today, clearly shearing the negative response from the plebs

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I have never bothered much with the dislike, unless the upload was clickbait or deceptive.

I do notice a bit more these days.. the comments turned off..even music vids

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: seedofchucky

Cheaters NEVER Prosper ................

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join