It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greta Thunberg statue at Winchester university sparks anger

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Already called it.
Can't remember which thread but I've also pointed out to a lot of my friends that a lot of these protests over the the last couple of years seemed contrived and illogical.
The purpose being- to cause annoyance to the general public with no real possibilities of any meaningful change.
Just a rabble with a few strategically placed trouble makers to garner media condemnation and turn people away from "causes".
Also to result in a crackdown on protests to minimise numbers at subsequent protests or even get protests banned altogether.

Why?
Because I guessed that something was coming that we would all want to protest but by the time it came to it there would be no option.

This won't prevent further protest but expect ridiculous inhuman sentences and extreme violence being justified from the police.
They've been running tests for a while. Note the different reaction from police depending on whether it's an "approved" (for now) cause.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I would have been more enamored with Greta's bronze statue, if it held in her raised hand...a lighted torch over a frozen methane ice hole --- OOPS!!!

here:

www.pbs.org...

"There's a message for us all in the voices of these young people. It is, after all, their generation who will inherit this dangerous legacy."
"We now stand at a unique point in our planet's history, one where we must all share responsibility, both for our present well being and for the future of life on earth."

quotes: David Attenborough

edit on 1-4-2021 by Erno86 because: typo

edit on 1-4-2021 by Erno86 because: added a few words

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Can't help but wonder if MLK Jr. would rate a statue??

Unarguably, he's rather more worthy of a statue, isn't he? Or any number, bordering on the absurd, of people are...

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Good on those students, they are smart enough to know there tuition money is getting wasted on propaganda and religious symbols.

a reply to: Klassified

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Can't help but wonder if MLK Jr. would rate a statue??

At this school in the UK? I'd be surprised if any of the students know who MLK was, even though his life no doubt impacted the world when he was alive.

Unarguably, he's rather more worthy of a statue, isn't he?

You and I might think so, but to some, nothing is more important than climate change and a large decrease in the "surplus" human population.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
Good on those students, they are smart enough to know there tuition money is getting wasted on propaganda and religious symbols.

a reply to: Klassified

That's...that's FAR more credit than these oversized kids deserve.

Unless activism is rendered no longer welcome on campuses and the POINT of higher education (used to be for WORK/CAREERS) is reestablished, then they'll (colleges) continue to waste money unchecked through other bull# pandering methods. Betcha they nix the statue and rename a hall or building after her instead. And it betcha it costs 'em about the same.

You want to be an activist for some stupid cause no one but thou cares about?
Do it on your own time.
With your own money spent elsewhere.

It's school, with highly specialized classes so you can earn a better income and not be a dead-end-lifer. It's not a frivolous club. Or rather, it didn't used to be, until the mouthy gutter rats got their way. And if you can't get through college without activism, maybe you're...just not college material/better job skills material anyway.
edit on 4/2/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Your granny was clearly showing extreme hatred & a tendency for subjugation of people of colour by subjecting you to a brownface political statement at the age of 8 or whatever.

White privilege & evil oppression taken to its worst extremes.. SHAME!

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Well most are in crappy degrees that will get them head fryer at BK when they finish, so why expect them to have smarts in anything else?

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   
If the left is willing to take down a statue of an Elk in Portland then I think we can take hers down too.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Well most are in crappy degrees that will get them head fryer at BK when they finish, so why expect them to have smarts in anything else?
What’s your beef with the students? Is your boss at bk from that school?

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I'm dumb enough to not need advice from someone dumber. This includes universities.
edit on 3-4-2021 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join