It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the Chauvin trial prosecutors just torpedo their entire case

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Look at the god damn mental back flips you just had to pull off. Simply amazing. According to you was Floyd responsible for a single solitary action his whole entire life?

China gives your back flips a score 10.0! But because we remove the highest and lowest score you still get 0.
a reply to: daskakik

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 01:15 PM
link   
No that’s retarded and where do I say that? What I am saying is your doctor has a much higher chance of messing up your bum ticker then a cop will have of miss judging the situation and killing you.

If the cop kills you golden casket(maybe)
If the doctor kills you, well that sucks next.

Because your clearly missing the entire point for some reason.
Cops are people, doctors are people, cops are trained , doctors are trained. Both are there to serve a public function. Both have to handle everything on a case by case basis. One takes place in broad daylight. The other closed doors. One gets payed a lot of money and is safe the other gets ok pay and is in life threatening situations. Both make mistakes that end lives. Both are in positions of power and trust.

Cops make mistakes and cops murder
Doctors make mistakes and doctors murder.

Just to be clear I don’t hate the medical practice and I think both perform their functions well. I only seek to highlight the problem and hypocrisy with police is made up and actually none existent because there are other parts of humanity that kill way more people then the police that go completely unmentioned.

a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

edit on 1-4-2021 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-4-2021 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

He was complaining he couldn't breathe before the restraint. A previous arrest shows he was making the same complaint. The BLM movement picked the wrong poster boy. This isn't going to end well for them.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: trollz
If he was having trouble breathing before the knee to the neck, not saying it was true, the knee to the neck certainly wasn't going to help.

I'm not sure that this torpedoes their case.

Not at all in fact i think it shows they had a reason to call an ambulance before even assaulting him. If someone cant breath they will involuntarily strugle its what people do when they cant breath. If just one of the officers would have just made a call. Instead they chose to ignore the fact he was telling them he cant breath. I normally side with police they have a difficult job but this was just horrific. There was a total lack of compassion and when an officer hits this point in their career time to do something else.

He died because they did not care bottom line they killed him it wasnt intentional but none the less they killed him.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

What are u talking about? The police did call for medical help.

They also asked him MANY TIMES what he was on and he refused to answer.. if he had they would have known he was probably dying from an overdose, but he didnt want to say.. so he died instead of going back to jail and that is on him.

edit on 1-4-2021 by Ringsofsaturn777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: trollz
I think he might of been going into cardiac arrest, in any case, he was on the ground and compliant, you cant let the police do that sh#t for 9 minutes..nobody is changing my mind on THAT. The use of force is to gain compliance, he went well beyond that.

I agree! Chauvin looked annoyed with the onlookers as well, smug actually. The man was handcuffed, 9 minutes is murder!

Looked to me like he was 'punishing" Floyd..and then..oops!

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
a reply to: Alien Abduct

He was on drugs, consumed his stash to hide said drugs, and died from an overdose of his drugs.

When are you going to acknowledge George's own personal responsibility in this entire incident????

When is anyone??????🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

Do you have a autopsy report that says this or is this just your theory?

Even if he did die of an overdose the police officer was extremely negligent in this incident.

Please address the following for me in your next response.

Why, after even witnesses repeatedly pointed out that Floyd was unconscious did Chauvin continue to put his knee on the neck of an unconscious Floyd for like 6 more minutes? Just to ensure his death? He responded by pulling out his pepper spray and pointing it at the witnesses.

Did you know that those officers are only allowed to use that tactic if the suspect is ACTIVELY resisting arrest? THERE IS A REASON FOR THIS.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I live in the very far suburbs of a bigger city and honestly at this point I say pull the cops out to the city limits and let them at each other, they want to burn down and steal from stores let them do it to their own neighborhoods

if Floyd and his buddy didn't try and use fake money TWICE in the SAME store with the SAME cashier the cops would have never been there and Floyd MIGHT be alive, I know some addicts that can do tons of drugs so what he had in his blood might not be lethal to him.

plain and simple: Don't break the law, and your chances of a hostile police interaction goes down to almost 0.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos
That and showing that the autopsy doesn't show 4x the overdose dose of fentanyl but you'll just disregard that, right?

ETA: And, nowhere did I say Floyd wasn't responsible for a single action.

edit on 1-4-2021 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3
You and others are missing the point, this has little to do with Floyd, and more about the police taking liberties.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I think Floyd was a criminal and a drug addict and was more than likely in the throws of an overdose when to police made contact with him and when he was fighting/resisting the police he slipped into unconsciousness and stopped breathing, and that alone would have killed him but the knee on the neck for 9 mins even on a healthy person is uncalled for.

Floyd most likely would have passed away from an OD.

the police just happened to add another lethal condition onto Floyd guaranteeing him to die.

the bottom line is if Floyd wasn't a criminal he wouldn't have been restrained by police and may he might have lived if he wasn't breaking the law... nobody wins in this situation because no one will be happy with the outcome

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

I can answer that; no he doesn't. The autopsy report has been posted in this thread, and there is no "Cause of Death" listed in the report. The report title is curious, and so are the contents. Both seem to draw opposite conclusions, and maybe this was the intent.

In this thread we have two schools of thought; one judging Floyd on his character, and another judging the case based on the evidence presented. And, possibly a third class basing their position on pure speculation about what "would" have happened in later time phases.

I can't emphasize enough, I am NOT a Floyd fan, but I do think there is a valid question of whether excessive force was used by law enforcement during the arrest. I'm not sure I understand why people are calling this position "stupid", or "idiotic".

How I look at it is like this...if someone knelt on my neck for 9 minutes, I don't care who they are, I'm going to go after them with the full force of the law. I have a weird thing about my neck. If someone grabs my neck, I instantly respond...violently! If someone knelt on my neck for 9 minutes, I'm guessing I'd probably survive, but after about 10 seconds of that I'd be ready to kill the person kneeling on my neck, and I'd likely come up swinging! Why should Floyd, high on drugs or otherwise, be considered any different?

People are being ruled by emotions in this case. I don't think I am.

edit on 4/1/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 05:33 PM
link   

The prosecution has been appealing to emotion while at the same time laying groundwork to go after the actual specifications for use of force. I think.

Defense...not sure what they are up to. They can show that Floyd was intoxicated but that might not be enough. Showing that Chauvin's actions played no part in the death could be problematic.

edit on 4/1/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
a reply to: vonclod

I think Floyd was a criminal and a drug addict and was more than likely in the throws of an overdose when to police made contact with him and when he was fighting/resisting the police he slipped into unconsciousness and stopped breathing, and that alone would have killed him but the knee on the neck for 9 mins even on a healthy person is uncalled for.

Floyd most likely would have passed away from an OD.

Good assessment. However, what Floyd "likely" would have done is purely speculation and would be thrown out as such.

What "did" happen is what is on trial here. Many on this thread seem to think the officers had the ability to see into the future. They did not. They only knew what was happening in the moment. Had they been smart enough to see into the future, as some allege, they would have realized that he may have died from the drugs he ingested, but the reality is, those drugs hadn't taken full effect yet, or had they? (truth: none of us know for certain).

Further, how many DUI cases have happened where a person was 1, 2 or even 3 times the "lethal" limit on alcohol, and yet they survived? Speculation about whether or not he would have succumbed to the fentanyl he consumed is pure conjecture. Not to mention the fact his liver toxicology looks relatively normal, and this is where the problem would have compounded. So, one has to ask themselves...when, exactly, did he die, and under what circumstances.

If he would have robbed that store, pointed a gun, and escaped; would he have lived? The bottom line is...we don't know this answer, and that is what the jury must decide.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Agreed.

As I think you know, I have no dog in this fight. I'm just trying to look at it objectively.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Its easy.

No rational and honest person can say that "beyond any reasonable doubt" the officers action killed him rather than all of the drugs he swallowed.

Its impossible. Anyone who says they know that beyond a reasonable doubt is lying or doesnt understand the term reasonable doubt.

If Floyd was white there probavly wouldnt have been any charges in this case against the police at all (and that is actual racial discrimination).

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Not an easy thing to do.

No matter the outcome, outrage will follow.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Ringsofsaturn777

No rational and honest person can say that "beyond any reasonable doubt" the officers action killed him rather than all of the drugs he swallowed.

Is that what the law requires?

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos

Cops make mistakes and cops murder
Doctors make mistakes and doctors murder.

100k each year due to malpractice...

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yes.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join