It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the Chauvin trial prosecutors just torpedo their entire case

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
Store footage made it seem like George was acting normal, not on the verge of ODing...

Will someone make a thread on Chauvin pulling a gun on George from the get go? That footage came out today too...

Scary to think there's, idk, 30-100 of you that think the police should repeat everything they did that day to someone else.

Seriously? They showed Chauvin's body cam footage from the time he was driving to the scene to the time he left the scene. When did his gun get drawn?

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ARM1968

Chauvin wasn't kneeling on Floyd's neck, he barely had his knee on it. If you watched the body cam footage then you see that at one point Floyd lifted his head and chest. That would be impossible with little pressure being held on him from a man's knee.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Also, you cannot be suffocated by this since the windpipe is on the front of the neck - not the side.

Most of the time when someone gets in a choke hold they pass out not because they couldn't breathe, but because of a lack of blood flow to the brain.

The knee on the side of the neck will stop the blood flow to the brain very easily via the main arteries there.

The ONLY thing I like about BLM is the fact that all these cases against police officer's negligence that get found guilty is going to work out for the good of ALL races in the U.S. not just blacks.

Aside from that I am totally against the movement 99.9%

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I don't think it really torpedoes their case at all. Think about it...if someone says they can't breathe, you probably shouldn't subdue them by kneeling on their neck.

But he is saying "I can't Breath" from the time he was sitting in his car to the time they put him on the ground... The guy was having a psychotic episode, so what do you do?

Floyd was successfully apprehended, charged and convicted in a court of law, would he have been sentenced to the death penalty? That's the question, ultimately, the jury will have to answer.

I think the question they will need to ask themselves is who really killed Floyd. The cops or Floyd himself...

I think he was going into cardiac arrest.

That's why Chauvin radioed the paramedics the minute Floyd was on the ground. Floyd was foaming.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Watch this video
edit on 3/31/2021 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 09:12 PM
link   
C'mon, folks...let's be objective here! We're letting Floyd's social standing get in the way of objective decisions.

Let's turn the tables a little bit.

First, a lot of people here have been quoting bogus statistics, but let's see a statistic we haven't seen yet...

How many perps, on drugs, who where 6'-5" tall, and were under arrest, got away from police officers and injured one of them (or worse)?? Seriously! What...0.00001% ??? Let's be serious here. The real facts are, if Floyd would have escaped and ran, his death would have been caused by 37 bullets, from 7 different cops, who emptied 3 magazines, each, into him!

Do you honestly believe otherwise???

The fact that one cop knelt on his neck, until he no longer had a pulse, was just the same result as would have happened to him if he would have escaped.

Again, I have to say, Floyd was a douchebag criminal, a lowlife and a sorry human being, but regardless of what he did, in this case, he did not deserve to get the death penalty. Now, I could be wrong, BUT...I'm not wrong enough to say, this absolutely SHOULD be in court!

So, Floyd gobbled down a lethal dose of drugs to keep the cops from confiscating them. Okay, then he sentenced himself to death, BUT...if the cops knelt on his neck first until he went unconscious then who is to say how he died...other than a jury?

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 09:18 PM
link   
BTW...I realize I'm fighting a losing battle here in this discussion, but all I'm trying to point out is there are "three" sides to every story; what he said, what they said...and the truth.

There's enough evidence on all sides to let a jury sort out what the final answer is, and if it's the truth, then great. However, if it's not, then society will have to live and suffer with it. Those are the rules, whether we like them or not. And, if we feel the outcome is wrong, then we have to change the system, not the case.
edit on 3/31/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Watch my video posted above your post, two posts up.

The officer in my opinion is guilty of gross negligence causing death. Basically manslaughter at least. If he gets found guilty of murder then that would be a little harsh but I wouldn't call it unfair.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

What did the DA go for, Gross Negligence, or Murder? If Murder, then he will either be convicted or acquitted on that charge.

He can make a plea deal (with the DA, and the DA may agree to), on a reduced charge, but as it stands, what goes to the jury is the charges as filed by the DA.

I'm sure you have sat on a jury before, right? I have. (on an attempted murder case).

ETA - BTW, I agree with you. But the law is the law.

edit on 3/31/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

There was someone on his chest AND a knee on his neck. He even begged Chauvin to let him into the police vehicle and he still didn't let up. You know a man is at his ends when he calls out for his mama bro. The amount of time that asshole had his knee on Floyd's neck was absolutely unacceptable. Watch the link of the video I posted a few posts up.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

So, Floyd gobbled down a lethal dose of drugs to keep the cops from confiscating them. Okay, then he sentenced himself to death, BUT...if the cops knelt on his neck first until he went unconscious then who is to say how he died...other than a jury?

"BUT"????

He signed his own death sentence by his lifestyle, and he was adamant about the "street code" which killed him..... same code that practically kills everybody but no one seems to be smart enough to grasp that fact.

edit on 3/31/2021 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 10:11 PM
link   
He's going to get off and America will burn again as planned.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Let me handcuff your hands behind your back, let my friend put his weight on your chest to make it more difficult to suck in air while I have my knee on your neck FOE 9 MINUTES....

If you lasted more than 3 minutes before passing out I would be shocked.

Ever play the "pass out" game as a kid? I have. Hold your breath and some pressure on the chest and you are out within seconds.

You could see in the video the man was out cold, Chauvin could see this. He could also hear the witnesses pointing out this fact to him because he responded to them by pointing his pepper spray at them. That didn't stop them from begging for Floyd's life though.

Anyone defending this cop over this after watching the available videos is part of the problem NOT the solution.

What happened was despicable and we should do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: PurpleFox

He shouldn't get off.

ETA: Watch this video

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: SoundisVibration
According to the toxicology report, he had a lethal amount of fentanýł in his system. Of which makes your lungs produce liquid. Pretty sure he honestly couldn't breathe. Though, that was his fault for hooping drugs.

The claim was that he was claustrophobic, of the back seat of police cars.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
a reply to: EternalShadow

Let me handcuff your hands behind your back, let my friend put his weight on your chest to make it more difficult to suck in air while I have my knee on your neck FOE 9 MINUTES....

If you lasted more than 3 minutes before passing out I would be shocked.

Ever play the "pass out" game as a kid? I have. Hold your breath and some pressure on the chest and you are out within seconds.

You could see in the video the man was out cold, Chauvin could see this. He could also hear the witnesses pointing out this fact to him because he responded to them by pointing his pepper spray at them. That didn't stop them from begging for Floyd's life though.

Anyone defending this cop over this after watching the available videos is part of the problem NOT the solution.

What happened was despicable and we should do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again.

You must have watched a different video, the one where Floyd wasn't on the ground with a knee on the back of his neck while he was talking the entire time until the drugs finally killed him.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

A doctor that is an expert in such things actually had a close autopsy look at his body and says it was homicide by cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restrain, and neck compression. Yet you with untrained eyes says different from looking at a video????

Sure I'll believe you instead...

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 11:19 PM
link   

A doctor that is an expert in such things actually had a close autopsy look at his body and says it was homicide by cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restrain, and neck compression. Yet you with untrained eyes says different from looking at a video????

you mean the one that got paid to say what the shyster crump and floyds family hired and paid him to say what they wanted,
sure i'll believe a "paid" coroner to the stars expert over a everyday working coroner any day.

and the so called expert had no toxicology report or heath records of floyd's.

From the evidence available to them, which did not include a toxicology report orunspecified bodily samples[/color], Baden and Wilson announced on June 1 their finding that Floyd's death was a homicide caused by asphyxia due to neck and back compression.[66][64][61] Also, Floyd had no underlying medical problem that contributed to his death.[67] Baden said neck compression affected blood flow to the brain[61] and being able to speak does not mean that someone is able to breathe

oh and what he said at the OJ trial.

Baden testified in the O.J. Simpson trial on August 10 and 11, 1995, and made two claims that he later disowned.[30][31] First, he claimed that Nicole Brown was still standing and conscious when her throat was slashed.[32] The purpose of this claim was to dispute the theory that Brown was the intended target. The prosecution argued that Brown was murdered first and the intended target because the soles of her feet didn't have any blood on them despite the large amount of blood at the crime scene and that she was unconscious when her throat was cut because she had very few defensive wounds.[33][34] At the subsequent civil trial the following year he disowned that claim and admitted it was absurd to think that someone would stand still without moving their feet while their throat is being slashed and not fight back.[35][36][37]

Baden then claimed that Ron Goldman remained conscious[38] and fought with his assailant for at least ten minutes[39] with a severed jugular vein.[31][30] The purpose of this testimony was to extend the length of time it took the murders to happen to the point where Simpson had an alibi.[40] At the subsequent civil trial he initially denied making that claim and then after being confronted with a video clip of him saying it at the criminal trial, he disowned it. Baden claimed he misunderstood the question but the Goldman's attorney allege he said it because the defense paid him to do so. He also alleged that Baden knowingly gave false testimony because he knew that Ron Goldman's blood was found inside Simpson's Bronco despite Goldman never having an opportunity within his lifetime to be in Simpson's car.[41][42][36][37]

old goldmen was a hookin and jabbin fool if he could fight for 10 mins with his jugular slashed, most people would have passed out long before then let alone hookin and jabbin.

he also testified at the Spector trial on behalf of specters defense, turns out badens wife was one of spectors lawyers.

both from the wiki cause it's fast

Michael Baden

that's your expert, he's just another "paid" media whore.

edit on 31-3-2021 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 12:48 AM
link   

He was on drugs, consumed his stash to hide said drugs, and died from an overdose of his drugs.

When are you going to acknowledge George's own personal responsibility in this entire incident????

When is anyone??????🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

I think he was going into cardiac arrest.

Monday morning quarterbacking is always easy... At what point would you say he was going into cardiac arrest? I'm sure maybe he was...Once again the 9 mins didn't cause that...

edit on 1-4-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join