It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the Chauvin trial prosecutors just torpedo their entire case

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I agree and those same issues extend to doctors and malpractice as well. However the doctors life is not often in danger but the cops often is. They like be on the side of caution I can respect that so do i.

a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

edit on 31-3-2021 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Defense simply needs to submit as evidence an officer or an academy instructor whom performs the technique on another trainee or whatever and then see if the trainee starts to slip into "dark territory"; apparently the 9min mark or so.

On a national level, no public agency tracks police use of force or deadly force. In 2018, the FBI announced the launch of a national use-of-force data collection program, but no reports have been released.

www.usatoday.com...

So we have no readily available data that may or may not show whether this technique is a national problem or localized to certain jurisdictions.

The technique apparently is considered deadly force, although personally I don't see deadly force being used.

I saw a man panicking because his dope stash was more important to him than his life or anybody else's. He chose to not disclose that he had ingested his dope, but instead "framed" the officers for his death by his deceit.

At the very least, his lifestyle and life path led him into a situation that was COMPLETELY avoidable, to where he wouldn't be DEAD right now, and these officers wouldn't be on trial for their LIVES.

How is that not correct?

The martyring of this POS is indicative of the current state of the culture amongst urbanites. This man is considered a H-E-R-O....

What's the standard used to determine that??? Is there even a standard at all?????

Same with Breonna Taylor. She was shoulder deep in the drug dealing cookie jar, but held up as Mother Mary herself...🤦🏾‍♂️

That's setting a new standard that it's OKAY to blur the line between lawful and lawlessness.

You're "grinding", "hustling" which is becoming more respectable than pursuing a traditional education.

Criminality over education and folks wonder why the jails are filled with brown faces..

Sad. 🤦🏾‍

edit on 3/31/2021 by EternalShadow because: ETA/CORRECTION

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: BrokenCircles

The question is...did the police unnecessarily cause Floyd's death?

The more I watch these videos, the clearer it becomes in my opinion, that no, the police did not cause his death through any type of unnecessary force.

Not that my opinion matters, but I honestly think they were too dam nice to him. They were trying to abide by his wishes by not forcing him into the car, and they were waiting for the ambulance.

Maybe they should have just beat his ass, tossed him in the car, and taken him to the hospital, and then maybe he would've lived.... but I'm pretty sure they're not supposed to do that.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Worthless piece of garbage, good riddance!

Acquit!

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Store footage made it seem like George was acting normal, not on the verge of ODing...

Will someone make a thread on Chauvin pulling a gun on George from the get go? That footage came out today too...

Scary to think there's, idk, 30-100 of you that think the police should repeat everything they did that day to someone else.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: AaarghZombies

I guess we should charge George Floyd in his own death then...

Death by overdose.

Yeah. Suicide, whether intentional or unintentional, is punishable by death.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Through all of this for so many months, I told my parents, my friends, to watch all the other videos of Mr Floyd before he died. The other videos. Most did not, until now. And I’m sure it’s the same everywhere, yet if someone really wants justice then they’ll take time to watch all the evidence, considering it’s been on YouTube for months, no?

No. Most people want to be spoon fed their facts. That’s why I’m grateful for a trial to put those suspicions to bed.
Some people are dealt a bad card that’s gives license to go around threatening and stealing their lives away. But not good old George from the hood. He had absolutely no reason to do that? Surely?

It’s a sad state of affairs all round. I hope you Americans pull out of this media mess. If Chauvin is acquitted as I’m sure he will be, be very careful.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Will someone make a thread on Chauvin pulling a gun on George from the get go? That footage came out today too...

That wasn't Chauvin. That was officer Thomas Lane*.

eta:* A rookie. 4th day on the job.

edit on 3/31/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

originally posted by: SoundisVibration
According to the toxicology report, he had a lethal amount of fentanýł in his system. Of which makes your lungs produce liquid. Pretty sure he honestly couldn't breathe. Though, that was his fault for hooping drugs.

Yes, I know he was overdosing, but I'm surprised the prosecutors showed the bodycam video prior to him being on the ground.
If he is complaining of breathing difficulties prior to the knee on the neck then it increases the wilful negligence of the officers and Chauvin in particular. If the guy stated he was having breathing issues and you then choose to kneel on his neck for 9+ minutes, then you pretty much chose to kill the guy - that is their thrust with this. Doesn’t torpedo their case but it does put increasing pressure on the decisions of the officers.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

If normal is passing out fake banknotes.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: trollz
I think he might of been going into cardiac arrest, in any case, he was on the ground and compliant, you cant let the police do that sh#t for 9 minutes..nobody is changing my mind on THAT. The use of force is to gain compliance, he went well beyond that.

I agree!

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 07:25 PM
link   

What's the timestamp? This is a six and a half hour long video....

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1968

If he is complaining of breathing difficulties prior to the knee on the neck then it increases the wilful negligence of the officers and Chauvin in particular.
But why should they believe him, when there are no signs suggesting he couldn't breathe, and also while he is actively resisting arrest? After all, he was actually breathing.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: vonclod

You are correct. Many cops get away with a lot. I have personal stories about that. However, I have more of an issue with no charges against the officers who shot Ryan Whitaker than someone with a lethal dose of drugs in his system having a heart attack in custody because that is what happened.

Link

Where is the justice for Ryan? Oh, that's right he is white and the media does not care. Sucks does it not?

Yes it does suck, and I agree unfair..George Floyd is a pretty pitiful "poster boy"

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Charliebrowndog
a reply to: vonclod

Just playing devils advocate but how can you tell he is compliant based on his use of force? Floyd was still arguing and struggling over a period of time. What about the guys that get tased a few times and keep coming but they have does how much force is enough to get the person compliant? To me it’s a slippery slope especially based on his training and the criminal history of Floyd

You think the he was flailing while unconscious? because for a good 2 mins he was out. If you think thats ok..good for you..I don't want the police to have that much latitude.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I don't think it really torpedoes their case at all. Think about it...if someone says they can't breathe, you probably shouldn't subdue them by kneeling on their neck.

But he is saying "I can't Breath" from the time he was sitting in his car to the time they put him on the ground... The guy was having a psychotic episode, so what do you do?

Floyd was successfully apprehended, charged and convicted in a court of law, would he have been sentenced to the death penalty? That's the question, ultimately, the jury will have to answer.

I think the question they will need to ask themselves is who really killed Floyd. The cops or Floyd himself...

I think he was going into cardiac arrest.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Themaskedbeast
Also I forgot he had covid.

Why isnt his death listed as covid like so many others who supposedly died of covid.

Maybe don't believe everything you hear, that ever damn death is labled covid

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

I think he might of been going into cardiac arrest, in any case, he was on the ground and compliant, you cant let the police do that sh#t for 9 minutes..nobody is changing my mind on THAT. The use of force is to gain compliance, he went well beyond that.

I agree!

Floyd was a piece of crap no doubt, but you at least understand you can't let the police do this, they get away with too much, could be anyone in that situation. There are hundreds, if not thousands of vids on yt, showing how things go sideways quick.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 08:29 PM
link   

a reply to: KKLOCO
Doing that for 9 minutes, 2 of them while dude was out..didn't help..you cant let the police do that.

A guy of Floyd's size and build poses a big threat to arresting officers. How many times have we seen perps act in compliance only to make a fast move to escape or attack the officer? I was initially shocked watching the video myself until I did some research only to learn that it was an approved technique used 200 times safely in the year prior. Also, you cannot be suffocated by this since the windpipe is on the front of the neck - not the side. I have zero doubt Chauvin will be found not guilty giving the mob the excuse they want to start another season of rioting. Here we go again but how bad will it get this time around?

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

a reply to: KKLOCO
Doing that for 9 minutes, 2 of them while dude was out..didn't help..you cant let the police do that.

A guy of Floyd's size and build poses a big threat to arresting officers. How many times have we seen perps act in compliance only to make a fast move to escape or attack the officer? I was initially shocked watching the video myself until I did some research only to learn that it was an approved technique used 200 times safely in the year prior. Also, you cannot be suffocated by this since the windpipe is on the front of the neck - not the side. I have zero doubt Chauvin will be found not guilty giving the mob the excuse they want to start another season of rioting. Here we go again but how bad will it get this time around?

I have no idea, but ya, it's going to be a sh$tshow either way. I don't buy that much into "the police are scared" in this one. Chauvin was punishing him, and oops, the goof died. I doubt he is found guilty of murder, and I don't think it was murder, but something needs to change..

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join