It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the Chauvin trial prosecutors just torpedo their entire case

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Your 2nd point/question is also a valid one.

Regarding your 1st point, I think this is a valid question to be resolved by a jury in a court of law. I do believe there is enough evidence, on both sides, to warrant a trial.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Personally I think they should have shot Floyd when he was first being erratic. Would have been cleaner quicker and no one would have cared.

a reply to: vonclod

edit on 31-3-2021 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

I will assume you are just being sarcastic.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: trollz

It seems like it. The old gentleman giving testimony didn't even get cross examined by the defense because everything he said and the video they showed were all damning against the prosecution. It's almost like they want to lose and let the people break out into an all-out war in the cities.

I
'll bet there are a lot of 'street shoppers' that are hoping for acquittal so they can go get a new TV and some fresh kicks.

This whole trial has been educating so far... From a police prospective especially. The body cam shows Floyd uncontrollably whining from the time he gets caught. Once they finally wrestle him down to the ground and have him restrained, all the other thugs start showing up and calling the cops names not having a single clue what's happening and how Floyd got into the position he was in. I've now heard from every person who was there and saw every angle available. It's very telling and if I'm sitting on the jury, Chauvin is getting acquitted. I'd arrest most of the witnesses for interfering because they all gathered up and started telling the police how to do their job.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   
He had no problem breathing after they told him he was being arrested for forgery, even though mere seconds prior to that he was both unable to choke, and unable to breathe.

When they were initially trying to put Floyd in the car, and he first began saying "I'm claustrophobic aaaahhhh I'm not a bad guy aaaahhh I can't choke, aaahhh I can't breathe aaaahhhh aaahhhh... etc.", one of the officers said, "You're under arrest right now for forgery"

Miraculously, Floyd immediately calmed down and casually asked, "Forgery for what?"

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: matafuchs

I guess we should charge George Floyd in his own death then...

Well he was and got capital punishment and a Darwin Award.

And a GOLD coffin.
And 8 funerals.
And memorial bonfires all over the place.

I wonder what all those dumbasses are thinking watching how Floyd was acting throughout the entire thing. They're showing another angle from another body cam now and it shows even more evidence that the police did their job that day. Multiple chance after chance they gave that dude. He kept screaming and acting like he didn't do anything wrong.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   
He's claustrophobic so he can't sit in the cop car, but he can sit in any other SUV. Lol, come on, Floyd...

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Where is the justice for Ryan? Oh, that's right he is white and the media does not care.

Also, the white community and their allies do not riot, loot, burn neighborhoods, threaten anyone who doesn't join, and generally behave like savages given the excuse of "cops killed some white POS!" For some reason this cannot be said, particularly where BLM's white allies are concerned... those little punks are the worst.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   
It's over just from the other 2 officers body cam footage that was by the book.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

I don't think you're going to find anyone on this thread who is going to stand up and say Floyd was some kind of a pillar of the society. Quite the contrary; Floyd was a douchebag, a liar, a felon and a thief (and a big long list of other stuff). I haven't watched the trial, but I suspect the defense isn't even arguing this point either.

The question is...did the police unnecessarily cause Floyd's death?

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The problem with this case is people get so emotionally invested without knowing all the facts. The facts them come out and they try to ignore or dismiss the facts because acknowledging the new information makes them look like idiots for believing the first narrative.

The other issue is people don't understand video only tells part of the story. Chauvin has him restrained and is not choking him. It may look that way to the untrained. Many people have never seen how cops restrain uncooperative people.

Floyd took drugs and had an overdose in police custody. It is that simple.

Holding up this career criminal as some sort of saint and an example of police brutality and racism is idiotic. Just like the Mike Brown Don't Shoot BS. Or the Freddie Gray case.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: BrokenCircles

The question is...did the police unnecessarily cause Floyd's death?

No I'm watching live floyd was non compliant he struggled and fought the police the whole time didn't listen to a thing they said caught them getting in the police car caught them getting out he even kicked when the police finally put him on the ground.

You need to see the other 2 police bodycams they reveal the truth not the cellphones after the fact.

Hope you will view them it will clear things up.

I cant post links as I'm a dumbass on a cellphone

edit on 31-3-2021 by Themaskedbeast because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 04:09 PM
link   
All,

Just remember, before you're too quick to judge on this case, you cannot forget other cases with similar outcomes.

For example, the case of LaVoy Finnicum comes to mind (during the Bundy standoff). Finicum was an idiot also, and the feds straight-up executed him, and then walked. Just remember that cases like these set precedents, and those precedents determine future behavior.

Fair enough?
edit on 3/31/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Yea it was being dry and tongue in cheek because the issue people seem to have is the fact that someone had a knee on his neck so if we remove that variable and he was simply shot maybe we could look at the events more objectively Instead of knee jerk emotional response.

This is the biggest nothing of a case I cannot believe it’s got so much attention, support and coverage for something so routine, so common and so literally by the book.

The only crime that day was that it all happened in front of a bunch of idiots.

a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 04:15 PM
link   

You mean like LaVoy Finicum then, right?

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Also the outcome doesnt matter at this point all their lives have been destroyed to the point of no return.

Either way noone wins. The cops might get a nice settlement but they can never work again.

They will be ostracized at every turn.

Grocery store aren't you that guy that killed floyd things like that. It won't stop either way.

Another point I keep hearing there are Blackhawks circling the city up there.

What for? I mean really what are they there for?

Is it a intimidation factor? That's illegal.

If something happens what are they gonna do fire on citizens? To many questions and holes to fill.

Sorry folks I will resign until later I cant help but rant.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I mean the law enforcement system actually has pretty good numbers with arrests vs wrongful deaths and there is literally zero issue with how law enforcement treats Americans. If you look at doctor error for example you will find doctors kill lots more innocent people then cops do. Both are there to help and protect you one get years of training and a phd and will still be more likely to kill you by mistake.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Okay, but understand, I'm not on Floyd's side here. However, in this case, I'm not sure I'm on the cops side either. The statistics you cite are pretty much irrelevant for a variety of reasons. First, there's no way to compile a statistic about arrests like Floyd's. Does your data set only include arrests where the subject was subdued by a knee to the neck? Only suspects high on fentanyl? Only suspects taller than 6'-3"? Where 2 white cops arrested a black guy? From an SUV?

There's no way you could compile a meaningful statistic to draw a parallel.

Secondly, the comparison to doctors is completely irrelevant. It's like comparing apples to refrigerators. It's an interesting factoid, but it really doesn't have any meaning beyond that.

(Thirdly, I think you just pulled those stats out of your backside, but we won't go there. LOL!)

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Sure I was just comparing the total number of deaths caused by police both justified and not vs the amount of deaths by medical error and one was way way larger.

healthydebate.ca...

en.m.wikipedia.org...
My data set is everyone killed by a cop in anyway. 2019

The issue is lack of training/understanding resulting in death wait or is the training it self to blame? Hard to tell really.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I understand what you were saying, and like I noted, it's an interesting factoid, but it's still irrelevant to this case.

Dealing with the complex issues of human physiology, disease and trauma is millions of times more complex than arresting a felon. No comparison.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join