It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the Chauvin trial prosecutors just torpedo their entire case

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

I think he might of been going into cardiac arrest, in any case, he was on the ground and compliant, you cant let the police do that sh#t for 9 minutes..nobody is changing my mind on THAT. The use of force is to gain compliance, he went well beyond that.

I do not know why the 9 mins is the big deal here other than people using it as a measurement that he was being choked, and we know he wasn't, or Dave Chappelle screaming about it over and over like they were cutting his fingers off.

The reality is that Chauvin had finally gained control of a large psychotic man who was much bigger than him and was screaming the whole time, so him on the ground yelling was no different than what he was doing sitting in his car. Chauvin wasn't being indifferent he was just maintaining control. So why the 9 mins? It was the amount of time to call and get the paramedics there to deal with him (pretty damn quick), but until that Chauvin didn't have much choice but to keep a large psychotic man under control. Floyd died of a heart attack as he was basically overdosed on multiple drugs. No matter how bad it may look to you, or how bad people might say it was the 9 mins isn't what killed him.

edit on 31-3-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner...this is all about a large event to draw attention away from the # show in the White House.

link   

originally posted by: SoundisVibration
According to the toxicology report, he had a lethal amount of fentanýł in his system. Of which makes your lungs produce liquid. Pretty sure he honestly couldn't breathe. Though, that was his fault for hooping drugs.

The old man on the stand also said he saw Floyd foaming at the mouth. I could be wrong, but I don't think you start foaming when you're circulation is cut off.

link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Separate fact from emotion.

I noticed how that one female prosecutor is always emphasizing how the witnesses felt. That's her focus. "What were you feeling at this point? How did that conversation make you feel?".

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   

edit on 3/31/2021 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Watch the vid... He begged not to be in the car so they kept him subdued until paramedics arrived. The paramedics were called in at 8:20 pm and didn't arrive until, what, 8:27? Also, you can see Floyd lift his head and chest so that alone tells me there wasn't very much pressure on his neck. From the angles I'm finally getting to see, it looked like Chauvin had more weight on Floyd's back and had his knee touching Floyd's neck in case he tried to get up and resist some more.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Yes he was, dont care..I'm not interested in letting the police go well beyond use of force rule, but you do you. Use of force till compliance, not carring it on for 6 extra minutes, 2 of them dude is pretty much done..F THAT!

Is there a time limit we do not know about? Lets say you are 6'5" 230 and you fight with the police and they finally get you on the ground, is there a 30 second rule or something that says they must let you back up so you can start fighting again? I'm not a cop, so if some crazy person attacks me I'm not going to sit on them for 9 mins, I'm going to blow their knee out and they can lay there in agony until the ambulance arrives.. Cops can't do that, so what do they do to keep themselves safe too?

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

I noticed how that one female prosecutor is always emphasizing how the witnesses felt. That's her focus. "What were you feeling at this point? How did that conversation make you feel?".

You know that the liberals are all about the feelings...Not really interested in facts, just feelings...

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I've said all along, the plan - I believe - is to produce a not-guilty verdict and induce massive riots, destruction and death.

The controllers are not having all the success they wanted and hoped for with the Chinese Virus. Too many people are seeing through the lies, the control tactics; not everybody, bu enough to be problematic. (I think it's emblematic of their self-delusion that they ever thought that they could deceive a critical mass of humanity.) The mass rioting and destruction that will follow an innocent verdict will give them justification for locking the entire country down, making mass arrests and confiscating guns.

Of course, nobody who's actually rioting will be arrested or have their weapons taken.

Anyway, them's my two cents. YMMV.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner...this is all about a large event to draw attention away from the # show in the White House.

I hope you've got your snacks ready because it's gonna be bad.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

From a legal perspective it's not really relevantly as the cause of death wasn't asphyxiation due to the knee on his neck. He died because his body was put under too much stress.

The footage was shown because it establishes the reason that Chauvin had him on the ground in that particular hold.

It also allows the jury to see that he wasn't attempting to run away, and that he wasn't violent towards the officers. He was panicked and afraid.

I think that people are taking some of what they see too literally, and are acting as if it's a cop show.

This isn't an episode of law and order, people aren't trying to worm out of charges through technicalities. It's much more straight forward than that.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Stocking up on 'snacks' every week.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: trollz

You know that the liberals are all about the feelings...Not really interested in facts, just feelings...

They're trying to get the jury to empathise with the witnesses, and the distress of the victim.

Chauvin's lawyers will do the same. They will emphasize how dangerous being a cop is, and how they have to protect themselves from people who might be drunk or crazy or hopped up on all kinds of drugs.

This has nothing to do with liberals, if it did the lawyer would just have alienated every conservative on the jury.

Jury trials often come down to feelings rather than facts. Juries are human.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

I guess we should charge George Floyd in his own death then...

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:53 PM
link   
To me the whole thing comes down to "Did Chauvin violate his department's policies?" That's the whole thing. If he didn't then the policies may need looked at.

Another thing is that if a cop has someone in restraint a good tactic would be to yell "I can't breathe!" and then go limp. The cop backs off and it let's them escape or worse.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
a reply to: vonclod

Floyd was a POS.

Now THAT, is undisputed

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies
He died because his body was put under too much stress.

Self-induced stress from a psychotic episode that was brought on by a drug over dose. The shop keeper even gave him two chances to give back the cigarettes or pay with real cash, but the 6'5" guy that had no problem to stick a gun in the belly of a pregnant woman told the shop keeper to get lost. The cops too were very calm throughout and even ended up calling the paramedics instead of just throwing him in the back of a cop car.

I don't even know why this is even a court case...

edit on 31-3-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I don't think it really torpedoes their case at all. Think about it...if someone says they can't breathe, you probably shouldn't subdue them by kneeling on their neck.

I'm kind of torn on this case, honestly. Floyd was a dirtbag, and Floyd was a dopehead, no argument. But, they did kneel on that dude's neck for a very long time, even well after he was clearly no longer resisting. Floyd was an idiot, but did he deserve the death penalty for it? I kind of rank this case right up there with perps who get shot 37 times by the cops. There's just no excuse for it.

ETA - Extrozero (above me) makes a valid point also, but I still have to ask myself...if Floyd was successfully apprehended, charged and convicted in a court of law, would he have been sentenced to the death penalty? That's the question, ultimately, the jury will have to answer.

edit on 3/31/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure they blew it yesterday when the firefighter/emt lady was on the stand.

Q. What would you do if a group of people gathered and told you you were putting a fire out the wrong way.

A. I would rely on my training and ignore the crowd.

Q. What would you do if they were yelling at you.

A. I would follow my training and ignore the crowd.

Q. What if the crowd started making threats towards you.

A. I would rely on my training and ignore the crowd.

That is exactly what the police did they followed their training and ignore the crowd.

Floyd killed himself he put himself in that position every action has an equal reaction.

Had he just complied he would have died on the way to jail.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

It seems like it. The old gentleman giving testimony didn't even get cross examined by the defense because everything he said and the video they showed were all damning against the prosecution. It's almost like they want to lose and let the people break out into an all-out war in the cities.

I
'll bet there are a lot of 'street shoppers' that are hoping for acquittal so they can go get a new TV and some fresh kicks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join