It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the Chauvin trial prosecutors just torpedo their entire case

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:01 PM
link   
So I'm watching day 3 of Chauvin's trial, and it looked to me like they just blew their entire case with a single video.
Long story short, the prosecutors showed bodycam video of George Floyd refusing to get in the police car and screaming that he couldn't breathe long before he was on the ground or anyone's knee was anywhere near his neck.
There goes the whole "Floyd couldn't breathe because Chauvin was on his neck" thing. He started screaming that he couldn't breathe the second the officers tried to tell him to get in the police car.

edit on 3/31/2021 by trollz because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Probably did it on purpose as they know Chauvin is innocent. Gives them cover when jury comes back not guilty.

The problem all the BLM zombie hordes will never see all the evidence and look at it logically.... just like in the Trayvon Martin debacle or even the Mike Brown situation.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:05 PM
link   

It could be intentional for a number of reasons...

link   

It could be intentional for a number of reasons...

+14 more 
link   
According to the toxicology report, he had a lethal amount of fentanýł in his system. Of which makes your lungs produce liquid. Pretty sure he honestly couldn't breathe. Though, that was his fault for hooping drugs.

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Ironically, overdosing on fentanyl causes slowed or stopped breathing.

americanaddictioncenters.org...

But I’m sure the knee on the neck is what killed him....

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I think he might of been going into cardiac arrest, in any case, he was on the ground and compliant, you cant let the police do that sh#t for 9 minutes..nobody is changing my mind on THAT. The use of force is to gain compliance, he went well beyond that.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   
If he was having trouble breathing before the knee to the neck, not saying it was true, the knee to the neck certainly wasn't going to help.

I'm not sure that this torpedoes their case.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: SoundisVibration
According to the toxicology report, he had a lethal amount of fentanýł in his system. Of which makes your lungs produce liquid. Pretty sure he honestly couldn't breathe. Though, that was his fault for hooping drugs.

Yes, I know he was overdosing, but I'm surprised the prosecutors showed the bodycam video prior to him being on the ground.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO
Doing that for 9 minutes, 2 of them while dude was out..didn't help..you cant let the police do that.

+46 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

It was standard procedure. How were they to know Floyd popped a lethal dose of fentanyl beforehand?

Floyd was a POS. Nothing more to it.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

It was standard procedure. How were they to know Floyd popped a lethal dose of fentanyl beforehand?

Floyd was a POS. Nothing more to it.

Yes he was, dont care..I'm not interested in letting the police go well beyond use of force rule, but you do you. Use of force till compliance, not carring it on for 6 extra minutes, 2 of them dude is pretty much done..F THAT!
edit on 31-3-2021 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:19 PM
link   
More proof the trial is a sham.

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Then reprimand and/or fire him. This is not a murder charge. Chauvin did not kill George Floyd purposely or by accident. Separate fact from emotion.

He will be found not guilty and then the US will burn. No one cares about Floyd or reform it should be obvious at this point.
edit on Marpm31pmf0000002021-03-31T14:22:07-05:000207 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Then reprimand and/or fire him. This is not a murder charge. Chauvin did not kill George Floyd purposely or by accident. Separate fact from emotion.

He will be found not guilty and then the US will burn. No one cares about Floyd or reform it should be obvious at this point.

I agree he didn't "try" to kill him, but he abused his power..and screw firing him..too many cops get away with egregious sh%t, by simply being fired, then going on to another dept. I don't think murder is appropriate, but something is.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Yes, many of us have seen that video, days after the thing happened. It’s been known. since the stat of this mess, but people don’t want facts.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:31 PM
link   

You are correct. Many cops get away with a lot. I have personal stories about that. However, I have more of an issue with no charges against the officers who shot Ryan Whitaker than someone with a lethal dose of drugs in his system having a heart attack in custody because that is what happened.

Link

Where is the justice for Ryan? Oh, that's right he is white and the media does not care. Sucks does it not?
edit on Marpm31pmf0000002021-03-31T14:32:49-05:000249 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Yes he was, dont care..I'm not interested in letting the police go well beyond use of force rule, but you do you. Use of force till compliance, not carring it on for 6 extra minutes, 2 of them dude is pretty much done..F THAT!

So let me ask you this - what were they waiting for?
They were waiting for the ambulance that obviously showed up.
Why did the ambulance show up? Because they called it to come for George.
Why did they call an ambulance for George? Because he needed medical attention.
Why were they holding him on the ground? Because he had been flailing around and refusing to get in the car and putting himself into even more distress.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:32 PM
link   

It seems like it. The old gentleman giving testimony didn't even get cross examined by the defense because everything he said and the video they showed were all damning against the prosecution. It's almost like they want to lose and let the people break out into an all-out war in the cities.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Just playing devils advocate but how can you tell he is compliant based on his use of force? Floyd was still arguing and struggling over a period of time. What about the guys that get tased a few times and keep coming but they have does how much force is enough to get the person compliant? To me it’s a slippery slope especially based on his training and the criminal history of Floyd

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join