It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALERT! Smart Phone System Update: New Android Malware Its a Sneeky Little You Know What

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 09:19 AM
link   
FYI this was published on March 30,2021 by Schneier on Security

One way to countermeasure the live camera is to get a piece of painters blue or green frog tape and place a small piece over the camera lens. Then peel it off when you need the camera. Another. When your asleep at night put the phone in the microwave and shut it off. Or, buy yourself a GMP bag. Give it a try.

New Android Malware

The broad range of data that this sneaky little bastard is capable of stealing is pretty horrifying.

It includes: instant messenger messages and database files; call logs and phone contacts; Whatsapp messages and databases; pictures and videos; all of your text messages; and information on pretty much everything else that is on your phone (it will inventory the rest of the apps on your phone, for instance). The app can also monitor your GPS location (so it knows exactly where you are), hijack your phone’s camera to take pictures, review your browser’s search history and bookmarks, and turn on the phone mic to record audio.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

I'll pass on putting my phone in the microwave, my boy gets up in the middle of the night and microwaves food to eat. He would definitely set the food right on top of the phone and proceed to heat his food. He is bad at paying attention to small details like that, even when fully awake.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I think we all just assume everything is accessible these days by hackers. I just say hello into my TV and phone every now and then so the spy team assigned to me doesn't die of boredom.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 09:28 AM
link   

First rule of survival: There is nothing smart about owning a smart phone!

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Unfortunately, it has become a necessary tool in business, but it's gone once I retire.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
I think we all just assume everything is accessible these days by hackers. I just say hello into my TV and phone every now and then so the spy team assigned to me doesn't die of boredom.

Me too.

But I'm worried that the illuminati will find out how much I spend on vinyl.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 10:13 AM
link   
well, i can imagine that in a future timeline i will then be able to Access the COVID-Passport ID Cartuche' on someones' Hacked Smart Phone

i knew that us Billion Global non-Vaxxers would find a way to Adapt to the Elite Globalist Technocracy

click link for graphic that depicts a possible Travel passport one will present to board a plane:

www.bing.com... l=https%3a%2f%2fthumbs.dreamstime.com%2fz%2fqr-scan-code-icon-boarding-pass-flight-sign-vector-chat-info-smartphone-identity-id-card-badge-symbol-clas sic-style-speech-153839862.jpg&exph=1204&expw=1600&q=covid+pass+code+symbol+or+cartouche&simid=608048042109204668&ck=93872FEC6E2973B231B1EF08F9D8F884& selectedIndex=9&qpvt=covid+pass+code+symbol+or+cartouche&FORM=IRPRST&ajaxhist=0
edit on st31161720413031222021 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Unfortunately, it has become a necessary tool in business, but it's gone once I retire.

I disagree with that statement. When did it become necessary and why? If it is truly necessary, why didn't you have a mobile phone in your car before cell-phones came along? You could have, if it was indeed "necessary." I contend it isn't necessary, people just follow the crowd. I saw an episode of "I Love Lucy" (you remember that television show from the 1950s?), and a character in it had a phone in his car. So, if cell-phones are so necessary, how come everybody didn't already have a mobile telephone? It was possible to have one. In fact, my 1996 Ford Taurus station wagon came out of the factory with a mobile telephone. I contend they are not necessary.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Warren Buffett rocks a flip phone, but he's kind of an amateur biz guy.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I've got a Chinese phone so I don't give a toss.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

originally posted by: Klassified

I disagree with that statement. When did it become necessary and why? If it is truly necessary, why didn't you have a mobile phone in your car before cell-phones came along? You could have, if it was indeed "necessary." I contend it isn't necessary, people just follow the crowd. I saw an episode of "I Love Lucy" (you remember that television show from the 1950s?), and a character in it had a phone in his car. So, if cell-phones are so necessary, how come everybody didn't already have a mobile telephone? It was possible to have one. In fact, my 1996 Ford Taurus station wagon came out of the factory with a mobile telephone. I contend they are not necessary.

I got a cell phone as soon as I started this business because I have to be able to receive calls when I'm mobile. That's the nature of the business I'm in. Not having it would be a nightmare and cost me a lot of money. Your welcome to disagree all you want, but I disagree with your assessment.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Warren Buffett rocks a flip phone, but he's kind of an amateur biz guy.

I started out with one, but I needed more functionality not long after.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I have a tracfone flip phone LG 441G and i have over 2000 mins saved on it and i only pay $20 every three months.

That is all I need and want.

It's funny that there are people at the VA hospital I go to that believe that every one out there has a fancy smartphone and wonders why i can not do things they do on their phone.

I even have turned the massage alarm to vibrate just so it does not bother me when i don't care for 99.95% of the massages I get from the spammers out there.
I don't even open the massage is there is nothing on the subject line I just delete it.

Why pay $30 a month for a smartphone with a bad record of breaking and is seldom needed for the smart? junk on them.
edit on 31-3-2021 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I'll pass on putting my phone in the microwave, my boy gets up in the middle of the night and microwaves food to eat. He would definitely set the food right on top of the phone and proceed to heat his food. He is bad at paying attention to small details like that, even when fully awake.

Dad?

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Wasn't one of the recent Mass murderers paranoid that his phone was watching everything he did?

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I remember, the fbi had tech they could point at a house and see what the Monitor or TV was displaying, as well as being able to identify people by the timing of keystrokes on a keyboard.

Before that, they could identify type writers by defects in the individual keys,

in 2000's post 911 the NSA had a direct pipe into ATT data centers, I remember working for ATT and being able to see where an employee who called off was, and the traffic on their phone from a program any manager had Called Snooper.

The amount they know, its already to late, Smart phones just make it easier to manage the sheer amount of Data they are now getting.

We allowed them this power when everyone let Meta data snooping happen, infact their were laws emplaced for public library's meta data (data about data) that got subverted in the digital age post 911, meta data mattered, and that was the nail in the coffin of privacy.

Keeping in mind, this is on ATS, they know who we are all already, the dissenters, those who think freely enough to potentially cause problems.

How many of us use VPN and throw away pc's to post here... When doing other activities... I used to war drive with a throw away laptop and tor, but even that is now suspect.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 10:16 PM
link   

You didn't answer my question, so I'm not sure what you're disagreeing to. If it was so important for you to have a mobile phone before cell-phones came out, why didn't you already have a mobile phone? As I showed, they've been out for at least 70 years, maybe longer. So many people won't answer this question when I ask it. It makes me think they don't really need a cell-phone.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You will have to dredge it up as I don't follow those clowns. I hope your not implying that you fancy that stuff?

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Sure there is. They could be the next countermeasure tool for criminals as in to screwing someone up. Hollywood already picked up on it. So just commit a crime with another phone and then toss it onto a plane, train or automobile. Bus and boats too.

Cops would be on a wild goose chase.

Plus excellent detonator.

Reference:

Hans Gruber: [points gun at John] Put down the gun and give me my detonators.
John McClane: Well, well, well...Hans.

edit on 1-4-2021 by Waterglass because: add

edit on 1-4-2021 by Waterglass because: typo

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

If it was so important for you to have a mobile phone before cell-phones came out, why didn't you already have a mobile phone?

You are assuming i wanted or needed one previous to cell phones. I didn't. I neither wanted or needed a mobile or cell phone prior to the early 2000's. Although I was required to carry a pager in the 90's as a manager. An annoying little piece of technology.

So many people won't answer this question when I ask it. It makes me think they don't really need a cell-phone.

Maybe it's because you're asking the question without enough information before coming to a conclusion. I work in the technology industry. I am a consultant and a field technician. I do repair, networking, system builds and maintenance, and whatever else is needed, including cell phones when necessary.

You didn't answer my question, so I'm not sure what you're disagreeing to.

I disagreed with your assessment that I did not need a cell phone, and I did answer your question.

Get the facts first, then ask follow up questions and make your conclusion, because your point is valid in a lot of cases.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join