It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The surge in suicides, a troubling world we are living in

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 05:51 AM
link   
This seems to be the case everywhere in the world these days. A little note on suicides in this country. ( Japan )

March is suicide awareness month in Japan, a time when suicides typically spike due to the stressors associated with the end of the financial year and the start of the academic year. However, 2020 saw a very different image appear in the number, age and gender of those who sadly lost their lives to suicide. For the first time in over ten years, the number of suicides in Japan rose, with 20919 lives lost in 2021. Moreover, the suicide rate declined in March as the initial lockdown began.

From May onwards, women aged 40 or younger began to take their lives in more significant numbers than men, with males aged 30 or younger feeling the impact later in the year from September to November.

telljp.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Mental health issues caused a friend to lose his son-in-law to suicide 2 months ago. He had it under control until the lockdown, and couldn't pull it together even with meds. Father-in-law was left assisting his daughter with final estate details. Met with the insurance company rep, he was processing one suicide per week for most of the pandemic...not a huge region of SW lower Michigan. Funny how the local news has the covid numbers on the screen every dam day, but not a sniff of info on these numbers.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 08:12 AM
link   
After the lockdowns and destruction of the economy it’s to be expected. Financial and social pressure is a sure fire recipe for depression.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Where I live they have no suicide numbers listed but the overdose deaths last year was within the margin of error (in other words take away the fake COVID deaths from things like gun shot wounds and car wrecks)...

Lockdown related deaths not attributable to COVID easily killed twice as many as the actual “pandemic”...

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Suicide should be a right of all living beings.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist

Agreed!

Honestly, if it wouldn't upset so many people I'd consider it myself- have you seen the world lately? What a mess. I don't want to be involved.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

originally posted by: Archivalist

Agreed!

Honestly, if it wouldn't upset so many people I'd consider it myself- have you seen the world lately? What a mess. I don't want to be involved.

the world is in a mess since last March of 2020

new topics

top topics

join